Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your information MAC, Spider Jones of CFRB Radio frequently utilizes the phrase "reverse racism" . www.spiderjones.com

Indeed, racism is racism, however, it is over-used and not specific enough.

If one doesn't care for a culture, let's say the Saudi one for a start, worse than Sharia Law... and the majority of Saudis are of the Wahhabist sect of Islam that are hateful and one despises the cultrue is one a racist?
Ruben Kincaid

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmund Onward James is a reverse-intellectual.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmund Onward James wrote:
For your information MAC, Spider Jones of CFRB Radio frequently utilizes the phrase "reverse racism" . www.spiderjones.com

Indeed, racism is racism, however, it is over-used and not specific enough.

If one doesn't care for a culture, let's say the Saudi one for a start, worse than Sharia Law... and the majority of Saudis are of the Wahhabist sect of Islam that are hateful and one despises the cultrue is one a racist?

The expression "reverse racism" has been around for a long time, basically since the first affirmative action programs rolled out in the 60s and 70s. Although it might be more precise in describing a trend, the simple fact is the elements which define "reverse racism" are purely racism.

Perhaps we need a new word to describe a disdain for particular cultures? We've seen politicians and other idiots describe anyone who doesn't kowtow to the Quebecois as racists (an example of that over-use you mentioned) when the true issue has nothing to do with race and everything to do with the culture of entitlement.

Culturalism doesn't ring right... hmmm....

-Mac
Libertas

votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Edmund Onward James is a reverse-intellectual.

It's obvious the Edmund is an intellectual. After all he broke the news that Barack Obama had a white mother and changed his name to sound more afrocentric.

Then he complains about getting banned from the Richard Dawkins forum for his "views." Even though he didn't get banned for his "views." He got banned because he made sh*t up about anyone he disagreed with. Not to mention his constant argument that people should always use their real names on internet forums for some convuluted reason.

Edmund, you are a racist. Obama didn't change his name to hide the fact he had a white mother, if you want proof of that look no further:

Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the forum readers.

Well then no more proof is required. Libertas has corrected my comment.

When someone attacks I counter. Dawkins administrators said I brike the rules of spamming. Which were links form my weblog, but it is their right since it's their game.

Several people were disappointed that I was cut off. So be it.

Nonetheless, it seems too many lonely, unhinged people, such as Libertas, have nothing better to do but agitate or come up with inane information. From what I have read and heard, whatever is shown is not the legitimate birth certificate... or the entire republican world, and democrats, would have informed the public. It would have been oin every radio program and website or forum... and my email would have been flooded. Not so.

Take the certificate and comments for what it is and from whom it is coming from... a nincompoop.
Mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.....usive.html

I wonder if the same guy made that certificate as the one who made the letters from Rathergate?

-Mac
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2008/07/atlas-exclusive.html

I wonder if the same guy made that certificate as the one who made the letters from Rathergate?

-Mac

Do you serioulsy believe any of that? Or is this sarcasm ?
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the forum readers.

Nonetheless, it seems too many lonely, unhinged people, such as Libertas, have nothing better to do but agitate or come up with inane information.

How is the photocopy he posted inane information ? To quote Carl Sagan "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
All you are providing is insults and references to things you know noone here will understand.
If you want to have a debate about Obama's birth cetificate or whatever, okay go ahead.

Case in point.

Take the certificate and comments for what it is and from whom it is coming from... a nincompoop.

How does the fact that it was posted here by a "nincompoop" make the certificate less valid ? This is called an ad hominem attack, and its childish.
Mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiscalconservative wrote:

Sorry. Attempt at sarcasm. I've maintained the birth certificate furor was a waste of time and effort which would better spent in dealing with real issues. In rereading the comment, I should have made a better comparison because the Rathergate letters were actually forged.

What I was trying to say is this: it doesn't matter if an authenticated document is produced. Some folks will always deny it's veracity... After all, the World Trade Centers were collapsed by controlled implosion. The fire wasn't hot enough to melt steel. :roll:

-Mac
fiscalconservative

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:

Sorry. Attempt at sarcasm. I've maintained the birth certificate furor was a waste of time and effort which would better spent in dealing with real issues. In rereading the comment, I should have made a better comparison because the Rathergate letters were actually forged.

What I was trying to say is this: it doesn't matter if an authenticated document is produced. Some folks will always deny it's veracity... After all, the World Trade Centers were collapsed by controlled implosion. The fire wasn't hot enough to melt steel. :roll:

-Mac

Thank god, I thought the pod people had gotten you too.

The only consulation I take out of this whole crazy mess is the Birthers are not as screwed up as the Truthers.
All you need to believe to be a Birther is a giant conspiracy. Truthers need to defy the laws of physics and hours of videotape.
Mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god, I thought the pod people had gotten you too.

The only consulation I take out of this whole crazy mess is the Birthers are not as screwed up as the Truthers.
All you need to believe to be a Birther is a giant conspiracy. Truthers need to defy the laws of physics and hours of videotape.

-Mac

ps: I should have photoshopped something but I'm too tired to bother...
langmann

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I think Obama's a racist (against caucasians)? No. He'd have to hate himself a whole lot. I think he's just horribly inexperienced, and dove into a mess he should have avoided. I think he's the kind of person who accepts society's "truths" such as the man is out to get us and that sort of thing along with typical leftist thinking.

However it is as much a form of racism to claim a white police officer is arresting a black man simply because of race as much as it is racism to state that black people are all junkies. It really in no way matters that this officer may or may not have had justication to arrest based on public nuisance. If that is what Edmund is trying to say then yes I can see that.

(I tend to think the officer acted appropriately based on what the other officers said, but I wasn't there and it doesn't matter anyway).

If we really are going to move past racism we're going to have to drop that form of thinking, along with affirmative action and all the rest of the laws that split people apart. And yes I think some people like to prosper on these issues.

As to Edmund Onward James, from his comments, I am inclined to think he's trolling.

@ Libertas: like you I do not consider myself a conservative. I am libertarian. I agree with you 100% that the Republican party needs to move way past the silly scandal debates such as the Birth Certificate. Let some other muckrakers figure that one out and if it is true then deal with it at that time. The Republicans need to get back to party fundamentals, which are small government, minimal intervention both in the economy and in foreign affairs, and personal freedom - and then clearly offer this alternative and present it in a manner people can relate to and vote for... unfortunately that has not been past practice for both the republicans and our conservative party.

When a plain spoken Plumber can articulate this better than the Presidential Candidate maybe we're seeking the wrong representation or allowing the media to shape the issues.
Mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

langmann wrote:
When a plain spoken Plumber can articulate this better than the Presidential Candidate maybe we're seeking the wrong representation or allowing the media to shape the issues.

Just my opinion but I would it's not either/or, it's both.

Out of curiosity, (for both langmann and Libertas) what's the big deal of declaring you're not conservative? I don't find it offensive or anything, just odd. Libertarianism, in it's purest form, insists on small government, limited taxation, abolition of invasive regulation... points which concur with conservative values.

Part of the reason it's curious for me is some so-cons declare anyone who doesn't agree with their social agenda isn't truly conservative and are CINO when, realistically, their demands for invasive authoritarian regulation is out of character for small 'c' conservatives.

-Mac
langmann

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:

Out of curiosity, (for both langmann and Libertas) what's the big deal of declaring you're not conservative? I don't find it offensive or anything, just odd. Libertarianism, in it's purest form, insists on small government, limited taxation, abolition of invasive regulation... points which concur with conservative values.

I guess it is because conservative doesn't describe my positions as well as libertarian does. Until recently historically conservatives were not really behind free market principles. With the bevahiour of the current conservative government in regards to the "recession" as well as the actions of the previous republican one down south one has to ask if they are not really fairweather free market believers.

When it comes to social issues I find no party really holds my respect. Same sex marriage is none of my business. I agree with the current conservatives that we are not tough enough on criminals nor do we provide victims justice. I find myself fitting in no mans land on social issues.
Mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

langmann wrote:
I guess it is because conservative doesn't describe my positions as well as libertarian does. Until recently historically conservatives were not really behind free market principles. With the bevahiour of the current conservative government in regards to the "recession" as well as the actions of the previous republican one down south one has to ask if they are not really fairweather free market believers.

When it comes to social issues I find no party really holds my respect. Same sex marriage is none of my business. I agree with the current conservatives that we are not tough enough on criminals nor do we provide victims justice. I find myself fitting in no mans land on social issues.

Thank you for replying!

Over the years, I felt disenfranchised by the large parties and I couldn't bring myself to vote Libertarian (even if such a candidate was available which has never been the case) since they seemed almost as unbalanced in their own way as most of the radical "single issue" parties.

As a result, I've always ended up voting for the candidate whose personal and party platform contained enough substance to justify my ballot. I place a high value on credibility. Over the years, I've voted PC, Reform and Conservative. As yet, I haven't seen a Liberal who I would give my vote and I would rather burn the ballot and eat the ashes than give my vote to the NDP.

I'm hoping the Conservatives will surprise me in the coming session and do something (anything!) fiscally conservative. Asking for libertarian social policy would be asking too much, I expect...

-Mac

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

Jump to: