Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
Craig wrote:
And because they are not justifies making it so...

Never suggested any such thing...


All I know is that I've hired six people in the past two years and five of them were minorities. I don't think I deserve to be the subject of reverse discrimination.

The only reason minorities MAY have a more difficult time securing meaningful employment is because of language skills - and that is a valid reason. These racial and sexual biases imposed by both private and public employers are disgusting and SHOULD be unconstitutional if only our courts didn't selectively apply the constitution.
gc





Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 1698
Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16
Location: A Monochromatic World

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
I don't think I deserve to be the subject of reverse discrimination.

I don't think you deserve to either, I'm just not sure it's clear that you are.

If you have good reason to believe that you are being discriminated against, maybe you should file a complaint with the HRC :wink:
Hasdrubal





Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 1112
Reputation: 66
votes: 5
Location: Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The future of fast food employment will not be filled by teenagers as it is today but by adults as seniors are unable to retire, jobs are outsourced, & the manufacturing/high technology industry are filled oversea's by cheaper employment.

gc wrote:
Craig wrote:
I don't think I deserve to be the subject of reverse discrimination.

I don't think you deserve to either, I'm just not sure it's clear that you are.

If you have good reason to believe that you are being discriminated against, maybe you should file a complaint with the HRC :wink:


Craig would be laughed out of the HRC because he's a Caucasian male .
Big Tuna





Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 368
Reputation: 15
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: I won't get the job... Reply with quote

CPP wrote:


There are also many jobs in the federal civil service, its crown agencies you wont get either unless your a bilingual francophone.
www.languagefairness.ca/


Craig wrote:

The only reason .... MAY have a more difficult time securing meaningful employment is because of language skills - and that is a valid reason.


:D
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: I won't get the job... Reply with quote

Big Tuna wrote:
CPP wrote:


There are also many jobs in the federal civil service, its crown agencies you wont get either unless your a bilingual francophone.
www.languagefairness.ca/


Craig wrote:

The only reason .... MAY have a more difficult time securing meaningful employment is because of language skills - and that is a valid reason.


:D


Main difference being that one is legislated and the other is not. It IS a valid reason if you need those language skills to be effective at your job. It IS NOT a valid reason if you are applying for a Canadian government job in Red Deer Alberta and nobody else speaks French but speaking french is a prerequisite because Liberals don't want to offend Quebec.

In other words - common sense.
CPP





Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 244
Reputation: 10.5
votes: 1
Location: Too close to Quebec

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I won't get the job... Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Big Tuna wrote:
CPP wrote:


There are also many jobs in the federal civil service, its crown agencies you wont get either unless your a bilingual francophone.
www.languagefairness.ca/


Craig wrote:

The only reason .... MAY have a more difficult time securing meaningful employment is because of language skills - and that is a valid reason.


:D


Main difference being that one is legislated and the other is not. It IS a valid reason if you need those language skills to be effective at your job. It IS NOT a valid reason if you are applying for a Canadian government job in Red Deer Alberta and nobody else speaks French but speaking french is a prerequisite because Liberals don't want to offend Quebec.

In other words - common sense.


I disagree with being bilingual is a valid reason for a job in the federal civil service and crown agencies. Thats only because PeeAir Truedough with his obvious dislike for anglos and his fear of francophone power, brought in his very discriminatory 'official languages act' which means majority rule has been replaced by minority rule in the federal government. A policy that the conservative governments continues to support.
Even in Canada's only officially bilingual province, New Brunswick, sometimes known as 'little Quebec.' anglos are being discriminated against and have consequently formed their own association.
http://www.asnb.ca/
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


I won't get the job...

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB