Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Bloc mp Jean-Yves Roy will not run in next election Reply with quote

The announced departure of Jean-Yves Roy
Last updated Thursday 16 April 2009 12 h 01

PartagerCourrielFacebookImprimer
Jean-Yves Roy (archives)

Bloc Québécois MP for the riding of Haute-Gaspésie-La Mitis-Matane-Matapédia, Jean-Yves Roy, does not arise again in the next federal election. According to him, these elections could be held next fall.

Mr. Roy, who was first elected in 2000, cites health reasons for its decision to no longer be MP.

That makes two campaigns that I do in winter, and I said I would do more because it is too difficult physically.

- MP Jean-Yves Roy

Roy also said he wants to give time for members of the Bloc Quebecois to elect a new representative.

Invitation declined

In addition, the mayor of Sainte-Flavie, Jean-François Fortin, does not intend to be the Bloc candidate in the district of Haute-Gaspésie-La Mitis-Matane-Matapédia. He stressed that influential people of this political party have proposed to introduce themselves.

Mr. Fortin admits it does not involve politics full time in the future. However, he prefers for the moment continue to teach political science at the Cégep de Rimouski and Saint-Flavie while being near their young children

http://www.radio-canada.ca/reg.....part_n.asp

Le départ annoncé de Jean-Yves Roy
Mise à jour le jeudi 16 avril 2009 à 12 h 01

PartagerCourrielFacebookImprimer
Jean-Yves Roy (archives)

Le député du Bloc québécois dans la circonscription de Haute-Gaspésie-La-Mitis-Matane-Matapédia, Jean-Yves Roy, ne prévoit pas se présenter de nouveau aux prochaines élections fédérales. Selon lui, ces élections pourraient se dérouler dès l'automne prochain.

M. Roy, qui a été élu pour la première fois en 2000, invoque des raisons de santé pour expliquer sa décision de ne plus être député fédéral.

Ça fait deux campagnes électorales que je fais en hiver, et j'ai dit que j'en ferais plus parce que c'est trop difficile physiquement.

— Le député Jean-Yves Roy

M. Roy indique également qu'il veut laisser le temps aux membres du Bloc québécois de se choisir un nouveau représentant.

Invitation déclinée

Par ailleurs, le maire de Sainte-Flavie, Jean-François Fortin, n'a pas l'intention d'être candidat bloquiste dans la circonscription de Haute-Gaspésie-La-Mitis-Matane-Matapédia. Il souligne que des personnes influentes de cette formation politique lui ont proposé de se présenter.

M. Fortin admet qu'il n'écarte pas une implication politique à temps plein dans l'avenir. Toutefois, il préfère pour le moment continuer à enseigner les sciences politiques au cégep de Rimouski et être maire de Saint-Flavie tout en étant près de ses jeunes enfants.
RCO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was a very close riding in the last federal election , now i'm not sure if the liberal even plans to run again or what happened to her but it was very close , although it has been solidly bloc since 93 when they first started running candidates . on the cpc side it doesn't seem like a likely riding although they did place a close second there in 2006 but lost ground in 2008 .
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we starting to see a trend, RCO? The expression "rats abandoning ship" comes to mind for some reason... :lol:

-Mac
RCO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Are we starting to see a trend, RCO? The expression "rats abandoning ship" comes to mind for some reason... :lol:

-Mac

well this isn't actually that unusual , during each session of parliament similar things have happened to the bloc and numerous bloc mp's have left to run provincially over the years , like last parliament there was 3 by-elections in quebec in bloc ridings ( one mp died , one quit for health reasons and one ran provincially )
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:
well this isn't actually that unusual , during each session of parliament similar things have happened to the bloc and numerous bloc mp's have left to run provincially over the years , like last parliament there was 3 by-elections in quebec in bloc ridings ( one mp died , one quit for health reasons and one ran provincially )

Yeah, I know... Take any sizable group and there will be a percentage of it's members migrating but I can dream, can't I?

-Mac
teenagetory

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Liberal candidate last time was a former MNA with the last name Charest (I dont think she is related to Jean Charest but I imagine she probably isnt activley discouraging it :evil: ). If she doesn't run agani, the Bloc should win this one pretty easily

Jump to: