Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arnab wrote:
New poll shows Eliott is the front runner
http://www.nationalpost.com/ne.....id=1656671

I am supporting Hudak but I don't mind Eliott either. Both are better than John Tory.

A 10% lead. Shoot.

I was debating voting for any of the other three but I guess I will vote for Hudak as he seems to be the only way to stop Eliott.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. The way I read that is good news for Hudak - the second choice of Hillier and Klees voters would almost certainly be him over Elliot.
cosmostein

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Interesting. The way I read that is good news for Hudak - the second choice of Hillier and Klees voters would almost certainly be him over Elliot.

Elliots campaign is moving hard and fast to try and get the second vote from Hiller supporters.
Nate Hope

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Elliots campaign is moving hard and fast to try and get the second vote from Hiller supporters."

They won't get that support. Randy supporters are voting against everything Elliott and all the other PC Red Tories stand for,
cosmostein

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate Hope wrote:
"Elliots campaign is moving hard and fast to try and get the second vote from Hiller supporters."

They won't get that support. Randy supporters are voting against everything Elliott and all the other PC Red Tories stand for,

Lets hope so.
marklar

Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the threshold is to win the leadership outright on the first ballot? I'm wondering how the 2nd, 3rd, 4th choice votes really impact the outcome.
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly certain all they need is 50+1 of the votes. Looking at the polls, it seems highly doubtful that Elliot or Hudak will win on the first ballot, so under the system the PCPO is using, the 4th place candidate will have his second choices distributed. If there's still no majority, then the 3rd place candidate is dropped, and their second place votes are added in.
Willg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
FF_Canuck wrote:

Elliots campaign is moving hard and fast to try and get the second vote from Hiller supporters.

...and pigs will fly! :D
hamiltonguyo

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hudak has now trashed Klees as McGuinty-light. So much for the 11th commandment.

If that bastard wins i'm out of the party.
cosmostein

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hamiltonguyo wrote:
Hudak has now trashed Klees as McGuinty-light. So much for the 11th commandment.

If that bastard wins i'm out of the party.

I guess we need a Klees or Hiller victory to keep both of us in the party.
hamiltonguyo

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that I didn't like Hudak. He was initially my first choice, but everyday he just starts to seem slimier and slimier to the point where I can't stand him anymore. And this was the last straw. Up to this point it had been a policy issue. Hudak made it personal.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who doesn't have the balls to take on the HRCs doesn't deserve my vote - I live in Alberta though (that includes you Stelmach).
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Anyone who doesn't have the balls to take on the HRCs doesn't deserve my vote - I live in Alberta though (that includes you Stelmach).

I wrote a letter to my MLA about Bill 44, and was suprised to get a response (this is unusual for that particular MLA). Specifically regarding the HRCs, the MLA responded "It was decided that the criminal code did not provide enough protection from hate". So glad that the government is here to protect me from an emotion ... :roll:
Libertas

votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wrote a letter to my MLA about Bill 44, and was suprised to get a response (this is unusual for that particular MLA). Specifically regarding the HRCs, the MLA responded "It was decided that the criminal code did not provide enough protection from hate". So glad that the government is here to protect me from an emotion ...

I've already stated this previously, but it seems to me that despite the differences on abolishing the HRC's each candidate is open to rescinding Section 13 which basically punishes unpopular speech. Regardless of who wins chances are you'll see some reforms coming to the HRC's if the Tories are elected.

Keep in mind the truthful but politically damaging saying that an election is no time to discuss policy.

By the way, I don't have much faith in the Alberta PC's on anything. I'm just hoping the Wildrose Alliance will get their act together and put forward a viable alternative.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Craig wrote:

I wrote a letter to my MLA about Bill 44, and was suprised to get a response (this is unusual for that particular MLA). Specifically regarding the HRCs, the MLA responded "It was decided that the criminal code did not provide enough protection from hate". So glad that the government is here to protect me from an emotion ... :roll:

Then pass a law protecting from hate - sucks - but better than these tribunals.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: