Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CPP

votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
CPP wrote:
Cool Blue wrote:
Personally, I think it's inevitable that Quebec will separate (and that may be a good thing for both of us).

I agree as it doesnt seem fair to the ROC that one province rules the rest. No one, and I repeat no one leading any of the federal political parties will stand up against the aggressive Quebec Nation. Even here in Ontario, especially with a lieberal government, we can see the french language taking over many eastern Ontario communities like in Russell Township where they have made it MANDATORY for all businesses to have bilingual signs. No choice. In Cornwall, Ontario there is a walk-in medical clinic for francophones ONLY :!:
www.languagefairness.ca/

I see a completely different future for Quebec and Canada. I see a Quebec that will become afraid to leave Canada, because of their decreasing population, and most Quebecers will realise that the only way they can keep their culture together is in the Canadian confederation. They might want to test the water, but this is as good as it will get for Quebec.

Should that happen, it will be a sad day for the rest of Canada, especially their neighbor Ontario who will have to put up with more language pressure from the francophone community.
Will lieberal Quebec ever abandon their anti english sign law 101 :?: I doubt it and so do the thousands of anglophones and alophones who continue to leave Quebec in droves.

Even anglophones in New Brunswick (little Quebec) are now suffering since that province became Canadas only official bilingual province.

http://www.asnb.ca/
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's quite unlikely. The motivations for 'seperation' in the West are different from those of Quebec - political and economic reasons, vs cultural and linguistic. The longer we have a federal government that at least plays lip service to the division of powers and the principles of Confederation, the less likely Western seperation becomes.

Quebec on the other hand, will always have a higher floor for sovereigntist sentiments, because they will always be culturally and linguistically quite different from the 'ROC', and their political and social institutions are built around exploiting that fissure to their benefit. That said, and as much as they'll refuse to admit it, they are dependent on Confederation to provide them with the cash to run their province. That's why they tend to push bizarre options like 'sovereignty association' where they keep Canadian passports, Canadian military support, and equalization payments, despite their 'independance'.

As an aside, I'm reliably informed that Quebec children are instructed from a young age that Quebec is the economic engine of Canada and a net contributor to the Confederation's economy - this is from people who have seen the textbooks. No word on whether or not they also learn that France won the Battle of the Plains :roll:

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: