Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you think will win the 2009 GE in N.S.?
PC
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
NDP
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Liberal
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

teenagetory

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, a poll came out a few days ago as follows:
NDP: 47%
Liberal: 26%
PC:23%

I did my own predictions based on my own knowledge as somebody actually from nova scotia. i wound up making 2, one for what i was expecting, and one hoping for a downturn in NDP vote when people realise they could get a majority (de ja vu :x )

Prediction 1:
NDP: 31
PC: 11
Liberal: 10

Prediction 2:
NDP: 26
PC: 15
Liberal:11

The one thing that the Tories have going for them right now, is that there are about 10 seats that voted 50%+ tory, so they wont be totally wiped out.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those tory numbers may take a further dip as conservatives vote for the Liberals to try to block the NDP. I'm strongly considering to do that although a second reason is the protest vote against the Conservatives being not being to the right of centre.
Big Tuna

votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Liberals will be the official opposition as of next Tuesday.
CPP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Tuna wrote:
The Liberals will be the official opposition as of next Tuesday.

Similar to what happened in Ontario, I expect that the ndp will be a one term government after ruining the province like they did in Ontario.

It took Ontario conservative Mike Harris, two terms to clean up Billy Bob Rae's mess.
teenagetory

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunatley, i have to disagree. while the ndp, are still the ndp with all their labour ties and whatnot, they are led by darrell dexter, who seems intent on making them the left of centre party in nova scotia. i guess i can always hope for the hidden agenda but i think thats about as likeley as Harper's hidden agenda. :P
patrickinNS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As nice as that may sound to many conservatives when saying it at the doors - the results of provincial parties in other provinces have nothing to do with the next province.

As the political spectrum goes - the tendencies to spend in Nova Scotia make all three of our parties politically left of all the provincial parties in Ontario.

I have said for a while that the reason the NDP, Libs and PCS in Nova Scotia have been all supported and close in polls since 1998 is that with the exception of a few John Hamm years nobody has separated themselves as distinct. They all want the center - and in that case the most mobile, young , energetic and organized will always be competitive.

Right now the last minute scare tactics by our PC Party will only hurt the rebuild - and the next election will be at least 4 years away.

Take the high road guys - do not insult the public with the 1991 in Ontario NDP story.
optimus2861

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teenagetory wrote:
unfortunatley, i have to disagree. while the ndp, are still the ndp with all their labour ties and whatnot, they are led by darrell dexter, who seems intent on making them the left of centre party in nova scotia. i guess i can always hope for the hidden agenda but i think thats about as likeley as Harper's hidden agenda. :P

I think it's a case of Dexter keeping his head down and his nose clean, knowing this election was always his to lose. MacDonald is getting tossed out on his arse on Tuesday, have no doubt about that.

I think NS will come to dread this infatuation with the NDP but the Tories have only themselves to blame for this coming defeat, by being a bunch of aimless, incompetent unconservative clowns the past few years.
patrickinNS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the electorate has changed a lot in the last 21 years.

Every province with strong NDP has a major urban core where they are the party that takes support on urban issues - social issues.

Look at Edmonton - the NDP hotbed of Alberta.

Winnipeg the bastion of NDP in Manitoba, and Vancouver and Victoria in BC.

What Nova Scotia also has are 15 para-urban ridings influenced by Halifax. The NDP are getting these once rural seats. Now it looks like little towns like Amherst, New Glasgow and Bridgewater are also being coverted.

Consider how in the 70s and 80s the Liberals or Conservatives always wanted to have elections when the university kids were away so the NDP did not eat into their votes. Those guys are now regular tax paying voters now living in cities and towns.

I will say this now - you will hear it repeated by some talking heads on the CBC on Tuesday night as they try to come to terms with this "trend in NS".

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

Jump to: