Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: NASA: Solar Cycle, Not Man, Responsible for Global Warming Reply with quote

Quote:
Some researchers believe that the solar cycle influences global climate changes. They attribute recent warming trends to cyclic variation. Skeptics, though, argue that there's little hard evidence of a solar hand in recent climate changes.

Now, a new research report from a surprising source may help to lay this skepticism to rest. A study from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland looking at climate data over the past century has concluded that solar variation has made a significant impact on the Earth's climate. The report concludes that evidence for climate changes based on solar radiation can be traced back as far as the Industrial Revolution.

http://www.dailytech.com/NASA+.....e15310.htm

H/T - Canadian News Reader
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, did NASA quietly can Hanson or something? That doesn't seem like something that would happen on The One's watch.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSM: "crickets..."

I saw BBC reporting on this awhile ago and they concluded that this was conclusive that global warming was still caused by man!
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
MSM: "crickets..."

I saw BBC reporting on this awhile ago and they concluded that this was conclusive that global warming was still caused by man!

I think I would have to see the original report. The title of the article in the link is "NASA Study Acknowledges Solar Cycle, Not Man, Responsible for Past Warming".
If you follow the link to the "report" all you get is another article from a mainstream science magazine talking about the report. The article he is basing as his source appears to be pro-AGW. It contains phrases like:

"Unless we find a way to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases we put into the atmosphere, such as carbon dioxide from fossil fuel burning, the solar influence is not expected to dominate climate change"

The article listed as the source seems to indicate that 25% of the temperature change can be attributed to solar variation.

Like I said, I would have to read the report itself, but going from another article that quotes a NASA report that says solar variation accounts for 25% of climate change to "NASA Study Acknowledges Solar Cycle, Not Man, Responsible for Past Warming" is rather dishonest. Given that amount of spin, I can't really take what the guy is saying seriously.

Jump to: