Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Volunteers: Public Enemy #1 Reply with quote

... according to CUPE Local 543, or at least, its members:
R. Alexander wrote:
Striking Union Gets Angry When Windsor Residents Clean Up the Mess
The powerful public service union, CUPE, has been on strike for seven weeks in the city of Windsor, Ontario, leaving many taxpayers there feeling abandoned by city services. 400 workers who maintain roads, parks, garbage and recycling walked off the job on April 15, followed by 1,400 daycare, social services, bylaw enforcement and clerical workers a few days later. Finally having had enough of garbage strewn all over their city, the people of Windsor decided to come together to help their city. Union workers flew into a rage...

...Another video recently surfaced of a female CUPE picketer dumping garbage in a park and spreading it around after a young girl and her grandfather had cleaned it up.

How’s that for service, folks? I get the sense they have about the same level of sympathy for their cause as the Tamils, too.

There's a video of the CUPE workers making a mess at the original post. The primary offender is ... easily identifiable, I'll say, and I hope the citizen reported them for littering :twisted:
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are the Government, we get paid inflated salaries and benefits, in one of the worst economically depressed areas in Canada, we are on strike, rubbing it in the faces of those we serve, whom are losing work and would love our cushy jobs, to work on your behalf. Do not do for yourself which we could do at our sweet duly arbitrated prices. We are better then the masses. Who cares what the current state of the world is. We are the legal mafia of workers, pay us our protection money, We want what we want and we Will make you give us what we want . Never mess with a union worker and their strike activities...you will pay.

Ya pay and then you pay. One way or the other.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how these Liberals dump on all their garbage messing up the Earth & polluting the air. oh well I guess the far left is one big contradictory well oiled & used machine.
Ardvark

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the video.

Link
lucamanfredi

Reputation: 41.3Reputation: 41.3Reputation: 41.3Reputation: 41.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire them all and hire some local residents. That will teach them.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ardvark wrote:
Here is the video.

Link

Is this getting any attention on the local news in Windsor?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How ironic to read the union leader's comments about how she can't control all of her union members. Having dealt with a few union disputes over the years, I can tell you that the workers don't spontaneously decide to start acting out. The union keeps the workers wound up tighter than a spring and then pretends shock when the workers behave badly. It's the union's stock & trade... hard to imagine they believe people can't figure that out.

Anyone still wondering why I think any form of union for the RCMP would be a bad idea?

-Mac
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:

Anyone still wondering why I think any form of union for the RCMP would be a bad idea?

-Mac

Ah.... because the military would have to take over if the RCMP went on strike.
Mac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
Ah.... because the military would have to take over if the RCMP went on strike.

It might be worth going on strike just to see how that worked out...

Naw, I don't think the "right to strike" would ever be granted to essential services like the RCMP (or the Armed Forces) but the Supreme Court of Ontario recently ruled that the current form of wage negotiation (ie: Treasury Board makes decision arbitrarily) and the current form of representation/association aren't constitutional. This opens the door to possible union but, strangely, no-one is rushing to organize.

As Jack of Jacksnewswatch suggested, the fairest form of wage negotiation for essential services is binding arbitration.

-Mac
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
As Jack of Jacksnewswatch suggested, the fairest form of wage negotiation for essential services is binding arbitration.

I've been saying this for years... if you're an essential service, you shouldn't be striking. If you're not an essential service, than your job should be in the private sector.
Mac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
I've been saying this for years... if you're an essential service, you shouldn't be striking. If you're not an essential service, than your job should be in the private sector.

That's a great way of putting it. I couldn't have said it better myself!!

-Mac
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
How ironic to read the union leader's comments about how she can't control all of her union members. Having dealt with a few union disputes over the years, I can tell you that the workers don't spontaneously decide to start acting out. The union keeps the workers wound up tighter than a spring and then pretends shock when the workers behave badly. It's the union's stock & trade... hard to imagine they believe people can't figure that out.

-Mac

Maybe your experience is different, but I live in a union town, and the union movement is not as united as it first appears. They may control the pickets, but they don't have any control over what the true believers do after a night of drinking.
Mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiscalconservative wrote:
Maybe your experience is different, but I live in a union town, and the union movement is not as united as it first appears. They may control the pickets, but they don't have any control over what the true believers do after a night of drinking.

Remember your analogy about the monkey and the gun? Apply that liberally to the union movement. Why should union leaders get away with giving their monkeys guns?

A friend of mine has a son who is a unionized worker for the BC Ferry Corporation. A few years back, I was visiting when the son came home from a union meeting and explained to us how his union was going to shut down the ferry service and, if they played their cards right, they could force an election and replace Campbell's Liberals with an NDP government. He was so pumped up, I almost felt bad when I broke "reality" to him. Almost. Yes, I took the gun away from the monkey.

-Mac
teenagetory

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Remember your analogy about the monkey and the gun? Apply that liberally to the union movement. Why should union leaders get away with giving their monkeys guns?

A friend of mine has a son who is a unionized worker for the BC Ferry Corporation. A few years back, I was visiting when the son came home from a union meeting and explained to us how his union was going to shut down the ferry service and, if they played their cards right, they could force an election and replace Campbell's Liberals with an NDP government. He was so pumped up, I almost felt bad when I broke "reality" to him. Almost. Yes, I took the gun away from the monkey

Let me guess, the converstaion went something like this.

Union Flunkee: We're gonna make an NDP government because Campbell be unpopular if there is no ferry service

Mac: What about scabs?
Mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teenagetory wrote:
Let me guess, the converstaion went something like this.

Union Flunkee: We're gonna make an NDP government because Campbell be unpopular if there is no ferry service

Mac: What about scabs?

I asked him a few pointed questions about what mechanism the union intended to use to oust the majority government which Campbell led... and how long he figured he could go without a regular salary... Once the conversation got rolling, he started getting very angry at his union leaders for some reason. Imagine that!

-Mac

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: