Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Northern Ontario Tory





Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 567
Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Hudak misses membership deadline? Reply with quote

Yikes!

As mentioned here and here Hudak is said to have missed a very important deadline for submitting membership paperwork. His bid to become leader could fall flat on it's face depending on what happens next.
Mac





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 5500
Reputation: 104
votes: 35
Location: John Baird's riding...

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll have to see what shakes out of it. No sense getting wound up if it's just a false rumour.

-Mac
Northern Ontario Tory





Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 567
Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Stephen Taylor has it .... and he is generally quite reliable with his sources.

http://www.stephentaylor.ca/20.....-question/
Mac





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 5500
Reputation: 104
votes: 35
Location: John Baird's riding...

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern Ontario Tory wrote:
Now Stephen Taylor has it .... and he is generally quite reliable with his sources.

http://www.stephentaylor.ca/20.....-question/

Yikes... Stephen wouldn't post it if he wasn't confident of the veracity...

-Mac
905 Tory





Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 267
Reputation: 79.4Reputation: 79.4
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would hurt the party if they disqualified him, so I don't think much of this.
Northern Ontario Tory





Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 567
Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

905 Tory wrote:
It would hurt the party if they disqualified him, so I don't think much of this.


I think it is highly unlikely that they would disqualify him also; but it seems that a large number of his supporters could be stricken from the list of eligible voters ...... the rules are certainly clear on the that. Makes me glad that I keep my ONPC membership up to date so that I don't have to face the prospect of losing my vote in such a contest. In any case, just another reason why you shouldn't leave it up to a leadership candidate to submit your membership ..... do it yourself and avoid the hassle. This is just one more strike against Hudak in my books, doubly so when he is supposed to be the "organized" front runner and a quick contest was supposed to benefit him
FF_Canuck





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 3360
Reputation: 73.4
votes: 17
Location: Southern Alberta

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be a huge mistake for the party to disqualify all those memberships - deadlines exist for a reason, but you're talking about a lot of people who would justifiably feel disenfranchised by party officials. I'd honestly be suprised if there isn't an announcement tomorrow to the effect that they will be recognized.
machiavelli





Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 352
Reputation: 66.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

905 Tory:

Is there a genuine small-c fiscal and social conservative in this group of leadership candidates?

I'm still looking. I'm having trouble finding the key phrases I need in order to vote:

"downsize government"

"10% across the board cut in next budget"

"sell crown corps such as TVO & Liquor stores"

"eliminate departments and/or programs"

"privatize"

"cut regulations"

"cut taxes across the board"

"layoff thousands of employees"

"voucher system for public and /or private schools"

"different pay levels for teachers"

"no strike law pursuant to teachers"

"include only social conservative lawyers/judges on the list advising the Fed. Govt. re: appointments."

"privatize some medical testing/procedures as far as legal"

Is there a real conservative is this group, or do we just have some moderate versions of McGuinty who is building the Socialist Republic of Ontario?
ezbeatz





Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 1140
Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10
Location: Vaughan, ON

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he missed the deadline by an hour and a half. Big deal.
cosmostein





Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 7518
Reputation: 300.8Reputation: 300.8
votes: 21
Location: The World

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
So he missed the deadline by an hour and a half. Big deal.


Yeah I tend to agree,
This won't effect anything other then someone at HQ getting a tongue lashing.
mrsocko





Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 2463
Reputation: 131.2
votes: 8
Location: Southwestern Ontario

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking to someone in the Hudal camp today and they new nothing about it. Can't be a big issue.
Northern Ontario Tory





Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 567
Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
ezbeatz wrote:
So he missed the deadline by an hour and a half. Big deal.


Yeah I tend to agree,
This won't effect anything other then someone at HQ getting a tongue lashing.


While I'm glad that they didn't strike the memberships in question (because they are also potential supporters in the next election), I'm very disappointed in the reaction of many Hudak supporters. Rather than accepting the fact that they screwed up, they are trying to blame the party brass because they didn't automatically grant them an extension. The quick leadership contest was supposed to be to the advantage of the front-runner who is supposed to be more organized ....... and yet, that is the only team that couldn't abide by the rules that were known well in advance. The whole situation reflects very poorly on Team Hudak. It smacks of the Liberal mentality of being entitled because of some special status.
cosmostein





Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 7518
Reputation: 300.8Reputation: 300.8
votes: 21
Location: The World

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern Ontario Tory wrote:
cosmostein wrote:
ezbeatz wrote:
So he missed the deadline by an hour and a half. Big deal.


Yeah I tend to agree,
This won't effect anything other then someone at HQ getting a tongue lashing.


While I'm glad that they didn't strike the memberships in question (because they are also potential supporters in the next election), I'm very disappointed in the reaction of many Hudak supporters. Rather than accepting the fact that they screwed up, they are trying to blame the party brass because they didn't automatically grant them an extension. The quick leadership contest was supposed to be to the advantage of the front-runner who is supposed to be more organized ....... and yet, that is the only team that couldn't abide by the rules that were known well in advance. The whole situation reflects very poorly on Team Hudak. It smacks of the Liberal mentality of being entitled because of some special status.


Two folks at HQ make a mistake, and now it makes Tim Hudak seem like a pompous Liberal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Hudak misses membership deadline?

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB