Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Japan has found the anti-missile shield useful Reply with quote

Japan has found the anti-missile defences useful, to bad we have none for this type of situation. Oh ya we don't have one so that we don't want to make russia feel threatened because they are very emotionally unstable.

http://rushmoredrive.com/Lates.....2517644626
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Japan has found the anti-missile shield useful Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
Japan has found the anti-missile defences useful, to bad we have none for this type of situation. Oh ya we don't have one so that we don't want to make russia feel threatened because they are very emotionally unstable.

We have one, just no one knows about it!
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Japan has found the anti-missile shield useful Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
Rusty Bedsprings wrote:

We don't need a missile shield. That's an absolutely preposterous idea. I mean come on. Why would we need something that could potentially save millions of Canadian lives? Being completely defenseless is the best way to prevent our opponents from killing us.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We don't need a missile shield. That's an absolutely preposterous idea. I mean come on. Why would we need something that could potentially save millions of Canadian lives? Being completely defenseless is the best way to prevent our opponents from killing us.

I know and it would only save millions of lives every one out of two times. :roll:
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Japan has found the anti-missile shield useful Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:
Rusty Bedsprings wrote:

Why not just stick a rocket on a white elephant's ass and launch it at the incoming missile ? Lot cheaper and works almost as well.
All this system does is give people a false sense of security. As far as I know, Russia, China, Britain,France and probably Israel are the only nations capable of putting a nuclear bomb on a missile that can hit us. Iran (soon) and North Korea are capable of putting them in shipping containers, airliners, submarines, ect. But the missile system does nothing against those threats

What we have to focus on is serious non-proliferation. Even if North Korea could shoot a missile at us they wouldn't - cause they would be turned into a parking lot. Its easy to see where a missile comes from.

On the other hand, if they delivered a bomb in a shipping container, nobody would know who sent it. What I fear is that in 10-15 years you could have 3 or 4 nuclear powers hostile to the United States. One of them would put a bomb in a shipping container and set it off. They would not have a great deal of fear because the US would not know who did it.

I think the money is better spent on non-proliferation than some missile shield.
RedCloudWulf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Curious Reply with quote

It will be curious to see Russian reaction to China testing a missile defense shield.I mean not good for Europe or the U.S ,but China is ok?Cmon russia who do you think your foolin eh?
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/Arti.....?hub=World
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why not just stick a rocket on a white elephant's ass and launch it at the incoming missile ? Lot cheaper and works almost as well.

Actually Israel used it during the Lebanon-Hezollah conflict and it shot down 60% of incoming missiles.

Here's an article on it recently:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100107/wl_csm/272557
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey no worries we will have a defense shield once China decides it needs one. Prime Minister Trudeau will sign the deal to build that wall point those missiles directly at Washington. As a reward taxes will sky rocket because the government of Canada will pay for maintenance of the Chinese defense shield after it starts falling apart the next day after completion.
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're covered under the American defence shield, the only thing is Paul Martin refused to withdrew Canadian involvement in it so if the missiles are coming it's up to Obama to decide to save Canadians or not.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What with living next door to one of the craziest dictators on earth, all I can say is, way to state the obvious. It should surprise no one, with the North Korean's regularly trying to fire missiles at/around/over Japan. It probably pays for itself just in taking out all the failures that go off course.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:
We're covered under the American defence shield, the only thing is Paul Martin refused to withdrew Canadian involvement in it so if the missiles are coming it's up to Obama to decide to save Canadians or not.

It think the was probably the most asinine decision Paul Martin made during his short tenure as PM. There was no cost to Canada in sovereignty, land, or cash, and we paid a big cost in Canada-US relations by snubbing the offer. I don't even think it was worth it politically to Martin - he didn't get anything from the NDP base by doing so.
Dallas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical liberal thing to do, leave Canada as defenseless as possible. I wonder why they do that?

Jump to: