Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would a flat tax be good for Ontario?
Yes
94%
 94%  [ 16 ]
No
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

IanM

votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flat Taxes are starting to slowly come into vogue.

Perhaps they could do something like New Brunswick and start cutting down the number of brackets in order to eventually move into a full true flat tax.

I think of course Canada Wide Provincially as well as Federally this would be easiest way for people to swallow the pill, especially the left. Too bad more people wouldn't drink the kool-aid on taxes and well tax change.

Yes, people want lower, less and fewer taxes. However, anyone talks tax changes I think the left starts to worry and scream about how we are cutting to the bone.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Flat tax will cost the tax preparing business 55,000 jobs in Ontario according to reports. This is not a good thing in a recession.

That's shortsighted. The money used to pay those accountants will be spent elsewhere CREATING 55,000 jobs.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern Ontario Tory wrote:
Hillier seems to be supportive of the idea based on the interview I just watched on Stephen Taylor's site. As for Klees, who knows? He has released so very little in the way of policy. It's not clear what Hudak's position is right now but I'm not sure that it matters right now to me ....... I have been extremely disappointed with the policy announcements he has made so far.

Ya, I saw that interview where Hillier was supportive of it. About Klees, I remember someone making the comment that they didn't know quite why he was running because he had no policies, website, or official announcement.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
mrsocko wrote:
Flat tax will cost the tax preparing business 55,000 jobs in Ontario according to reports. This is not a good thing in a recession.

That's shortsighted. The money used to pay those accountants will be spent elsewhere CREATING 55,000 jobs.

You know it's good satire when so many folks don't "get" it... :lol:

-Mac
Take2

Reputation: 7.8Reputation: 7.8Reputation: 7.8Reputation: 7.8Reputation: 7.8Reputation: 7.8Reputation: 7.8
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now my choice is between Klees and Elliot to lead the party.

There's a couple of transportation related issues which I'm waiting to see which way they'll vote before I cast my support behind any one candidate.

The ridiculous speed-limiter law placed on commercial vehicles and the recently passed LCV (two 53 foot trailers towed one behind one another) pilot project which is set to start across the 401 from the Quebec border through to Windsor.
There's some corruption as in bribes paid to the Ontario Lieberals on both of those issues.
TorontoCon

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am PSYCHED to have a real leader for Ontario's Conservatives.

If the campaign has a theme of TAX SAVINGS, it will be no contest. Ontarians didn't "want" to re-elect Dalton in the last election. We all know why things turned out as they did.

Whomever the new leader is, should make it LOUD AND CLEAR that the existing structure of the school system will remain UNCHANGED. Just talk about funding for education and, of course.....

A FLAT TAX!!!!!!!! Yes!
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TorontoCon wrote:
I am PSYCHED to have a real leader for Ontario's Conservatives.

No kidding - it's about time we had someone with the courage to actually act like a conservative. Let's just hope this isn't the typical leadership bid talk and they become moderates during the election.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Toronto Star Endorsement still scares me.

If they bash her over the flat tax, I may consider voting for her.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
The Toronto Star Endorsement still scares me.

If they bash her over the flat tax, I may consider voting for her.

That's definitely true. I'd like to see what Hudak has to say about a flat tax. So far, Elliot and Hillier are the only two candidates to support it.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: