Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zephyr

Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Farcebook Reply with quote

The Lam incident has quickly turned into a political farce. Young men everywhere be warned: Touching a girl's boob has now morphed into a resignation-worthy offense. In many ways the incident has been quite depressing for how it indicates the low moral and mental calibre of the major politicians in B.C.

Quote:
NDP Leader Carole James deemed the photos "inappropriate," and said they showed a lack of judgment.

Touching an unwilling girl is inappropriate. Touching a willing girl is called playfulness.

Quote:
"No one likes to lose a candidate during a campaign, but that's politics. Ray didn't want this to be a distraction in the campaign, so we are moving on," Ms. James said.

Carole James could have taken a stand against prudishness and humorlessness. She could have gone on the attack over pictures obtained through Internet hacking. She could have raised hell over the obvious hypocrisy of Liberals attacking Facebook photos while being led by a criminal. Instead, James thought only of herself and her poll numbers. And even in this, she demonstrated a lack of mental insight. There is no evidence that such mild photos would lose the NDP any traction with voters. In fact, the revelation of a politician on the make could have picked up votes in the under-40 beer and babes crowd.

Quote:
When you decide you're going to run for public office and you put as part of your communications material pictures like that, I think that's got to call into question, No. 1, your judgment and, No. 2, that the candidate decided he was going to make that part of his public life," Mr. Campbell said, while campaigning at the Peace Arch border crossing yesterday.

The hypocrisy here is breathtaking. Campbell is a convicted criminal who refused to resign his seat. And yet he doesn't hesitate to condemn another person for a vastly less serious lapse in judgment.

Quote:
"I don't care about his private life. When he decides to make it public, it's part of his public life and people will judge him according to that."

Again, Campbell expects forgiveness for himself, but passes judgment on others.
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephyr, the photo that I saw was more sexually suggestive then breast touching. ...

I just saw Liam's face book photo on the globe and mail and it is absolutely disgusting that Liam's sexually implied image was posted to an all ages social internet site like face book. Many people have their children, nieces, nephews, and young cousins as their face book friends ... why would anyone that wants to represent the public post such a lewd image on face book for all to see? .... I can't believe that the grope and flail actually published it.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com.....itics/home

Now I must go and clean my eyeballs with soap. :shock:
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much ado about nothing, IMO. Just another example of a generational gap in understandings about privacy and the difference between public and private life. In 20 years, this kind of thing will barely raise an eyebrow, but is right now still a career killer.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is so embarrassing for him, yet funny all the same. The NDP has had trouble with candidates past haunting them.

Jump to: