Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zephyr

Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:

no but i saw the blog post kinsella put out the day hillier announced he was running and the fact kinsella was so happy should be a concern to conservatives who actually want to beat the liberals in the next election

You are giving Kinsella too much credit. You are assuming that he possesses the intellectual acumen to decipher which candidates are winnable. Kinsella may be loud, but some people might ask if he is really that smart.

Quote:

over waiting for another 4 or so years .

If hugging the centre were a winning strategy, why did Mike Harris get two majorities, and John Tory none?
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephyr wrote:
RCO wrote:

no but i saw the blog post kinsella put out the day hillier announced he was running and the fact kinsella was so happy should be a concern to conservatives who actually want to beat the liberals in the next election

You are giving Kinsella too much credit. You are assuming that he possesses the intellectual acumen to decipher which candidates are winnable. Kinsella may be loud, but some people might ask if he is really that smart.

Quote:

over waiting for another 4 or so years .

If hugging the centre were a winning strategy, why did Mike Harris get two majorities, and John Tory none?

John Tory lost cause Kinsella/ liberals caught on to the faith based funding idea's unpopularity and smeared him to death , it did not make the pc's look centrist that election , to the uninformed voter tory was just another religious right winger as odd is that sounds . if tory had just not introuduced that schools plan he would of at least gained 10 or so seats that election and maybe been able to hold the liberals to a minority .
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Im sorry, but when I heard her say this, I wanted to scream at her and tell her she was an idiot! I didnt because she is a very nice person, and Im not THAT blunt but that was a STUPID answer and if she tries that, shed have mentally incompetent to a degree!

She didn't say that because she's stupid, she said that because playing the gender card works.

Just like

Quote:
Thats like the people out there that say those that disagree with Obama is only because hes black, not because hes a left-wing politician whose policies they just may not agree with!

And not only did this work, but it's still working.
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:
Quote:
Im sorry, but when I heard her say this, I wanted to scream at her and tell her she was an idiot! I didnt because she is a very nice person, and Im not THAT blunt but that was a STUPID answer and if she tries that, shed have mentally incompetent to a degree!

She didn't say that because she's stupid, she said that because playing the gender card works.

Just like

Quote:
Thats like the people out there that say those that disagree with Obama is only because hes black, not because hes a left-wing politician whose policies they just may not agree with!

And not only did this work, but it's still working.

I realize that she is/would be playing politics. But I think it is stupid to trivialize things by playing the gender and race cards. There are much more important things that we should concern ourselves with, IMO. And that would be a valid concern as far as Federal vs Provincial conflicts!
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really understand what the problem is in regards to a provincial / federal conflict.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Hillier win?

He has the Ontario Property Owners Association behind him. They have more members that the PC party combined. :shock:
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Will Hillier win?

He has the Ontario Property Owners Association behind him. They have more members that the PC party combined. :shock:

but in what ridings ? i can't see them having many members in the 40 or so GTA area ridings .
things also is not all of the members of the landowners are pc members so its tough to say how many would actually vote for him .
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything,
A strong leadership convention populated with three honest to goodness Conservatives is exactly what we as a party need right now.

We are not the Democrats or the Liberal Party of Canada where conventions and leadership races are such brutal attacks on the other candidates that it basically takes all the work out of opposition attack ads come election time.

The apathy among the grass roots Conservatives within the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario was unreal during the last election, now all of a sudden we have seen a surge in membership and a rejuvenation within the party members.

While I am not a Hillier supporter personally,
Let me be very clear that I would not shed a tear if he or Frank Klees won.

I cannot think of a convention in my lifetime where I was generally okay with 75% of the candidates potentially winning the leadership.

This is a back to basics, flushing the toilet on the direction the party has gone over the last six years and bringing it back to its base.

I am thrilled that we as Conservatives can all rally around our core principals yet still have different preferences in who should win the convention, that just shows me the slate of candidates (save for Elliot) is awesome.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: