Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: PCs are brainless, self-defeating, and moronic! Reply with quote

On the federal side anyway, it has to be true. The element of the CPC that still clings onto old ways, mainly red tories, need their heads checked! They are playing into this Mulroney-Harper crap from the MSM on behalf of Iggy and it’s really starting to piss me off! Loyalty is one thing, I have no issue with that. But using Mulroney, this is the stuff Liberal wet dreams are made of!

Liberals: “So Brian screws up in ’93 now we’ll use him to bring Stephen down from the inside.”

PCer’s need to wise up. The Liberals can afford to jump around, that’s their best card to play and they play it well. But Conservatives need to be grounded. Stephen Harper is the main reason we are in government right now! Peter Mackay couldn’t do it! The Canadian Alliance did it, not the PCs! Stockwell Day was the closest, then Harper after that and then we got the PMO! So they (PCs) are willing to jeopardize their position and this country over Brian Mulroney??? WTF is this about?

I wasn’t into politics and I don’t think I was old enough, when the PCs and CA merged. But I would have NEVER held a Federal PC membership!

Mackay’s Progressive Conservatives… More like PATHETIC Conservatives. I like Brian Mulroney, for what he has done for Canada but this is crazy!
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it odd that Harper is feeding this rather than simply saying that Mulroney is a good man who is welcome in the party. He MUST have a strategy. I don't see it but he must have one...
teabag

votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM is loving this one. Conservatives need to close ranks on this one and let the inquiry do it's work without pointing fingers at each other. David I couldn't agree more with what you have said.
Quote:
this is the stuff Liberal wet dreams are made of!

I have found myself getting irked.

For the time being Conservatives need to distance themselves from Mulroney and not resort to taking sides period. The less said the better. I don't necessarily think the PM should be making any lengthy statements that will only fuel further discussion.

Ignatieff does seem to give conflicting opinions and is only trying to enhance himself in Quebec. Better not to give him the time of day for any further discourse.
DavidK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teabag wrote:
The MSM is loving this one. Conservatives need to close ranks on this one and let the inquiry do it's work without pointing fingers at each other. David I couldn't agree more with what you have said.
Quote:
this is the stuff Liberal wet dreams are made of!

I have found myself getting irked.

For the time being Conservatives need to distance themselves from Mulroney and not resort to taking sides period. The less said the better. I don't necessarily think the PM should be making any lengthy statements that will only fuel further discussion.

Ignatieff does seem to give conflicting opinions and is only trying to enhance himself in Quebec. Better not to give him the time of day for any further discourse.

Agreed.

This is how I look at it:

Mulroney isn't stupid he knows what the Liberals are about. I think the only reason why this is allowed to be an issue is because he hasn't said anything to stop it. I'd like to think he's more concerned with himself (and legal issues) than political posturing, but I could be wrong. Maybe this whole thing is in the former PM’s corner. If that is the case, Mulroney should put this issue to bed. Maybe he's trying to sock it to PMSH? But he's doing Canada a great disservice, if that's the case.

The Liberals and MSM can’t fight the Conservatives on the real issues, because the government is getting the job done so they use internal politics. This is what the Liberals and media do when they’re backed into a corner. But we can’t afford to feed them from within our ranks!
JDot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: PCs are brainless, self-defeating, and moronic! Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:
On the federal side anyway, it has to be true. The element of the CPC that still clings onto old ways, mainly red tories, need their heads checked! They are playing into this Mulroney-Harper crap from the MSM on behalf of Iggy and it’s really starting to piss me off! Loyalty is one thing, I have no issue with that. But using Mulroney, this is the stuff Liberal wet dreams are made of!

Liberals: “So Brian screws up in ’93 now we’ll use him to bring Stephen down from the inside.”

PCer’s need to wise up. The Liberals can afford to jump around, that’s their best card to play and they play it well. But Conservatives need to be grounded. Stephen Harper is the main reason we are in government right now! Peter Mackay couldn’t do it! The Canadian Alliance did it, not the PCs! Stockwell Day was the closest, then Harper after that and then we got the PMO! So they (PCs) are willing to jeopardize their position and this country over Brian Mulroney??? WTF is this about?

I wasn’t into politics and I don’t think I was old enough, when the PCs and CA merged. But I would have NEVER held a Federal PC membership!

Mackay’s Progressive Conservatives… More like PATHETIC Conservatives. I like Brian Mulroney, for what he has done for Canada but this is crazy!

Co-sign.

Frankly I am starting to get really pissed. And nevermind that Mulroney's com guy robin sears, is a former NDP com guy..

Like you I was not old enough to be for Mulroney or againts, but these old time redtorys need to get on board ASAP, or just go join the liberals already..

On the other hand I really think somthing is off with this whole issue. All of a sudden Mulroney is great to the media and the liberals. Which means no matter what happens in the KHS/Mulroney thing, it will not stick to PM Harper.

But the PC Mulroney loyalist need to understnad that they have to let this inquiry play out...
JDot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
I find it odd that Harper is feeding this rather than simply saying that Mulroney is a good man who is welcome in the party. He MUST have a strategy. I don't see it but he must have one...

I agree Craig, and the only thing I can think of is that PM Harper was trying to pre emp any fallout from the inquiry,that would fall onto the CPC.

And with Iggy and his PPG pals coming out cheering for Mulroney, that has pretty much been acomplished. No matter what comes out of this inquiry there is no way the LPC and there friends in the PPG can pin it on PM Harper.

But I will tell you this, Mulroney has droped alot in my book over his wounded bear response to this.

I have defend the guy in the past but not no more..
JDot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaidK says..

Quote:
The Liberals and MSM can’t fight the Conservatives on the real issues, because the government is getting the job done so they use internal politics. This is what the Liberals and media do when they’re backed into a corner. But we can’t afford to feed them from within our ranks!

I agree, and what blows my mind is that there are CPC caucus members playing into the Media and LPC hands. Do theses people have holes in there head?
Queen'sConservative

Reputation: 7.5Reputation: 7.5Reputation: 7.5Reputation: 7.5Reputation: 7.5Reputation: 7.5Reputation: 7.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I absolutely disagree with leaking what happens in caucus meetings to the media, the PMO should never have gone to the media to announce to the world that Mulroney wasn't a member (even if that's true, which I doubt). It was one thing to put a fatwa on talking to Mulroney, even though he has personal relationships with a lot of caucus. But to publicly announce that he's not part of the party is just asking for old grievances to explode.

It was the wrong move and it was a tactically stupid move.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queen'sConservative wrote:
While I absolutely disagree with leaking what happens in caucus meetings to the media, the PMO should never have gone to the media to announce to the world that Mulroney wasn't a member (even if that's true, which I doubt). It was one thing to put a fatwa on talking to Mulroney, even though he has personal relationships with a lot of caucus. But to publicly announce that he's not part of the party is just asking for old grievances to explode.

I agree. It was the PMO that started this whole mess by leaking Mulroney’s membership status. There is something drastically wrong in the PMO to leak out things like this to the media. And then for Doug Finley to jump all over this like a monkey on a banana there is blame to go around on this one.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

Can you imagine what the media would say if K-H Schreiber pulls a rabbit out of his hat after Harper endorsed Mulroney? I would guess Harper is keeping his powder dry. Once the inquiry goes nowhere (I'm confident that's what'll happen), then Harper can embrace Mulroney and declare his name is clear. Until then...

-Mac
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queen'sConservative wrote:

I guess it depends how you think the inquiry is going to go. There is a chance it can go very bad and Harper is being prudent.

Worst case senario is there is a clear Mulroney-Air Bus link. That by itself is not doomsday as long as its viewed as history. If they Liberals can link Mulroney to Harper, then it does dammage. Harper is prempting that.
BlondeConservative

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take serious issue with how the Harper government has handled the Schreiber affair and the matter of Mr. Mulroney's membership in the party

For starters, I fail to understand the reason why Harper who to the best of my knowledge has no ties to the Mulroney-Schreiber affair felt the need to completely cut ties with Mr. Mulroney. If you are innocent and your government is innocent then there should be no issue and Mr. Harper has nothing to worry about. It would appear that Harper may be using this inquiry to distance himself from Mulroney, the reason why I do not know nor understand or perhaps Mr. Harper has good reason to want to stay out to cover his own rear.

Considering the contributions Mr. Mulroney made to the Conservative Party and to Conservatism in general, along with his back to back majority governments, it disturbs me the way his membership or lack thereof according to Mr. Plett, has been allowed to become a wedge issue in the media and for the Liberal party to whack a sledge hammer on. Yes, I understand the rules of membership, I used to process them at headquarters on Albert street, but there has been ZERO effort on behalf of the Conservative Party and the PMO to show respect to Mr. Mulroney as former PM and leader of the party and has allowed this nonesense to continue and possibly alienate the former "Progressive" Conservatives in the party. Last time I checked this new Conservative party was a merger not a hostile take-over of Reformers, Alliance members and Progressive Conservatives. I would urge Mr. Harper to be sensitive to this fact.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlondeConservative wrote:
I take serious issue with how the Harper government has handled the Schreiber affair and the matter of Mr. Mulroney's membership in the party

For starters, I fail to understand the reason why Harper who to the best of my knowledge has no ties to the Mulroney-Schreiber affair felt the need to completely cut ties with Mr. Mulroney. If you are innocent and your government is innocent then there should be no issue and Mr. Harper has nothing to worry about. It would appear that Harper may be using this inquiry to distance himself from Mulroney, the reason why I do not know nor understand or perhaps Mr. Harper has good reason to want to stay out to cover his own rear.

Considering the contributions Mr. Mulroney made to the Conservative Party and to Conservatism in general, along with his back to back majority governments, it disturbs me the way his membership or lack thereof according to Mr. Plett, has been allowed to become a wedge issue in the media and for the Liberal party to whack a sledge hammer on. Yes, I understand the rules of membership, I used to process them at headquarters on Albert street, but there has been ZERO effort on behalf of the Conservative Party and the PMO to show respect to Mr. Mulroney as former PM and leader of the party and has allowed this nonesense to continue and possibly alienate the former "Progressive" Conservatives in the party. Last time I checked this new Conservative party was a merger not a hostile take-over of Reformers, Alliance members and Progressive Conservatives. I would urge Mr. Harper to be sensitive to this fact.

Very good points!

Jump to: