Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: LPC 'in and out' fund raising Reply with quote

The LPC continues to raise funds for its Leadership 'non race', in what appears to be a scheme for an 'in and out' transfer of money to the LPC that effectively raises the yearly personal contribution limit by $1,100.

LPC website

2009 Leadership Candidate Donations
To make a contribution to support a Liberal Party of Canada Leadership contestant please click their name below.
Michael Ignatieff
Bob Rae

Michael Ignatieff

Thank you for considering a donation to Michael’s Leadership Campaign.
We need your financial contribution to make Michael's campaign possible. Michael is committed to running a campaign that is financed by a broad-base of Canadians contributing small amounts. Federal tax credits make it easier to give. Donations are eligible for a tax credit of up to 75%. If all of us pitch in, we can make this happen – for Michael and for Canada.

Bob Rae

The maximum contribution you can make to Bob's leadership campaign is $1,100. If you reach that limit you can still help by donating a maximum of $1,100 per year to Bob's riding association and an additional $1,100 per year to the Liberal Party of Canada

H/T Angry in the Great White North
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there still trying to claim that there having a leadership race even though there just handing the leadership to ignatieff ? what a farce .

wonder when the last time something like this happened , leadership coronations do not often happen .

as for this donation tactic , i don't see how it it legal or if it is , its very boarderline .
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that Bob Rae is in a curious position continuing to fund raise for his Campaign when he clearly withdrew from the leadership race in Dec 08.

Quote:
Bob Rae Drops Out Of Liberal Leadership Race
Tuesday December 9, 2008
For whatever reason, Bob Rae saw the light, and then stepped away from it.

The former NDP Ontario Premier, current Liberal MP and would-be Grit boss bowed out of an impromptu leadership race Tuesday, announcing he would no longer stand in the way of Michael Ignatieff's ascent to the party's top position.

"The Liberal Party of Canada requires a new permanent leader to be in place before parliament returns at the end of January," Rae said at a midday press conference.

"Mr. Michael Ignatieff has put forward his candidacy for the interim leadership of the Liberal Party. I am not a candidate for the interim leadership. Nor shall I pursue my candidacy for the party leadership at the Vancouver convention."

Rae also offered his "full and unqualified support" to Ignatieff, clearing the way for his former college roommate to be acclaimed as the party's interim leader on Dec. 17.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_29926.aspx
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah this whole thing does not look normal as rae clearly dropped out and not involved in any sort of leadership campaign at the moment . there is no need for them to be campaigning or raising funds towards a leadership campaign . they might owe money on leadership debts as they say but shouldn't need money for a campaign that is not happening .
John Larocque

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess who was kicked off of both the Liblogs and LiberalsOnline agregator. And why? Questioning this variant of "in and out".

http://1anxiousliberal.wordpre.....ndraising/

Quote:
I was treated on this matter is exactly why the Liberal Party needs to be cleaned up. This fundraising scheme smelled from here to the high heavens. But because Ignatieff was doing it all sorts of people went into defense mode and accused me of being a Tory. THAT IS NOT THE TYPE OF PARTY WE SHOULD BE. I am a loyal Liberal and my post was that of a loyal Liberal. I also criticized the Harper Conservatives for their in/out scheme and went one step further and said that I think that scheme IS illegal.

Yep, he was banned for writing this:

http://1anxiousliberal.wordpre.....ng-scheme/

"Ignatieff's Money Laundering Scheme"
John Larocque

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more interesting links. "A True Meech Lake Story" which was an article on how grassroots Liberals were shafted at a policy conference where the David Peterson-dominated Liberals ensured the failure of an anti-Meech Lake resolution. Not the best written piece, but a fascinating insight into how the Liberal machine worked to get what it wanted from the grassroots.

http://1anxiousliberal.wordpre.....ake-story/
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty bad when even the Liberals are questioning it...

-Mac

Jump to: