Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Earth Hour BS or Meaningful?
Rasies Awareness
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Gets meaningful results
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Is more poorly thought through BS!
92%
 92%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 14

Troy Heibein

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Is Earth Hour BS or Meaningful? Reply with quote

Is Earth Hour meaningful is saving the environment, meaningful in raising awareness, or just the same kind of ridiculous BS not thought through we have come to expect from Global Warming Swindlers?

This poll and comments will effect Monday's Adaugeo Index:

http://adaugeoindex.blogspot.com/

Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugest waste of time ever... I find it particularly amusing that they had to cut back from Earth Day to Earth Hour since none of the dolts who willingly engage in such nonsense were able to sustain 24 hours of deprivation.

-Mac
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one am not drinking the Globull Warming Koolaid tonight ... besides there is a Hockey Game on during 'save the drowning polar bears' hour.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't the organizers realize that if we don't use the power produced in that hour it will only be wasted? I guess they claim it's only to raze awareness though :roll:
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my computer on, watching the Leafs/Bruins game, and I will head to my fridge every so often to get a cold one!
Sean McAllister

Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, its almost 730pm so its getting dark. I have lights on in kitchen, livingroom, hall, and 3 bedrooms, umm and 2 computers, and 4 tvs. Other than that. YA!
Sean McAllister

Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and .. I answered this question.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an AWESOME video up at Siscoe.ca, that I can't embed here, but it is worth it: LINK
What a very cool idea.
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is something worth celebrating Canuck!
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea and a great video! I'm glad I used my Earth Hour to watch it!!

-Mac
eveable

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get a chuckle out of it last year. My brother came up from Scarborough, 3/4 of an hour drive. He had just come home from a vacation in Barbados and his wife and kids were still there. He shows up around 3, then says he has to leave in time to go home and turn the lights and air off for Earth Day. I said "why didn't you turn them off before you left and why is your air on when I am still running the furnace?"
So yes, it is BS but for Greenies as dumb as my brother, maybe a good thing. Since we went without electricity this year in Dec for 14 hours, that is 14 Earth Hours for me. Last year was around 3 days times 24 hours of Earth days and so on.
The suggestion I have been making on the Star and every where else is to stop wimping out. Make this serious. Earth week. A whole week without any electricity, lights, heat, transit or water. And stop doing it in March. Has to be in Dec, Jan or Feb, when it is minus 20 or lower. If these peope want to really feel what it is like to go without electricity do that. A lot of people in Ontario went without electicity for up to two weeks this Dec. I figure the true believers should be able to do that. Earth hour as it is just makes people think they did something. They did not.
eveable

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody feels the same way I do about Earth Hour.

Earth Hour or Blackout Night?

Viv Forbes Bio
Email Article

By Viv Forbes Friday, March 27, 2009
The Carbon Sense Coalition today came out in support of Earth Hour, but said it should be renamed “Blackout Night” and be held outdoors, for the whole night, in mid-winter, on the shortest and coldest day of the year - 22 June in the Southern Hemisphere, December 22 in the Northern Hemisphere.

The Chairman of “Carbon Sense”, Mr Viv Forbes, said that spending just one night in the cold and the dark, with no hot coffee or beef on the barbecue, using no light, heat or vehicle energy from coal, gas, petrol or diesel, and without protection from metal or concrete structures, would be good practice for the blackouts and shortages to come if world rationing of carbon products and carbon energy is achieved.

“Winter nights are usually still and cold, so the candles crew can really experience what it will be like to depend on alternative energy when there is no sun and no wind. The back-to-nature brigade can also try living without iron roofs and concrete walls. And the eat-no-meat mob can experience a night without hamburgers and cappuccinos.

“To hold a candles-and-champagne party indoors, on the mildest night of the year, for just one hour, shows that the whole thing is tokenism. Moreover both candles and champagne emit carbon dioxide. Let the true believers try the real thing one of the extreme season so they can appreciate the great benefits we take for granted when using all of our carbon fuels and foods.

“Instead of sneering at human achievements they should salute the people who keep the lights on for the other 364 days of the year.

“Australia gets almost 90% of its electricity from hydrocarbon fuels – black coal, brown coal, gas and oil. And without the nuclear power that underpins electricity supplies in more advanced countries, the massive cuts in carbon dioxide emissions demanded by the deep greens would see Australia headed for the Romanian power rationing experience - during the Ceaucescu regime in Romania, each house was limited to ONE 25 watt bulb for all of their light.

“All over the world we have aging power stations and an orchestrated campaign by a few warm and well-fed agitators to harass, delay and deter construction of new power facilities.

“Such a campaign can only have one result – blackouts and brownouts will recur erratically every time we have extremes of cold or hot weather.

“So we support “Blackout Night” to prepare our population for the dark days ahead”.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean wrote:
Quote:
well, its almost 730pm so its getting dark. I have lights on in kitchen, livingroom, hall, and 3 bedrooms, umm and 2 computers, and 4 tvs. Other than that. YA!

:lol: I was thinking of doing that too.

Jump to: