Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This proves to all you non-believers that there is global warming!
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/.....index.html
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching the news when a news story came up. It said that birds were breeding sooner because of global warming, the study was done on a sanctuary.

They showed me the sanctuary with the birds happily eating out of bird feeders and living in bird houses.

The scientists then explained that since the world was warming insects were coming out sooner and so the birds had to have baby's sooner to feed there young the insects. OK but the problem is they just showed me the birds eating out of bird feeders!!!!!!!

So my analysis of this is that the birds on the sanctuary have realized that there is always a food source and have decided to breed sooner. It has nothing to do with global warming or insect patterns. People don't question the insipidness of some of these "scientific studies" when clearly they are fundamentally flawed.
Cronus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humanity is pumping gigatons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. When it comes to our global environment, I don't think it's wise to play Russian Roulette.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Humanity is pumping gigatons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. When it comes to our global environment, I don't think it's wise to play Russian Roulette.

Your right we should cut the BS and stop saying that there is global warming until we know for a fact (if that time ever comes).
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cronus wrote:

The human contribution to CO2 levels of negligible. Let's not destroy the livelihoods of millions of people because of unsubstantiated alarmists.
WBD

Reputation: 38.7Reputation: 38.7Reputation: 38.7Reputation: 38.7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The revised "new" version of the video with extras is in 2 parts on P2P (check isohunt.com):

Part 1:
Ch4.The.Great.Global.Warming.Swindle.XviD.AC3.www.mvgroup.org.avi

Part 2 (Extras):
Ch4.The.Great.Global.Warming.Swindle.EXTRAS.XviD.AC3.www.mvgroup.org.avi

Good quality and much longer than the original TV version.
eveable

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As can be expected with all the C02 man is pumping into the atmosphere, the planet is greening.

Part of the Sahara is starting to bloom and forest cover is increasing. Makes you realize why at 7000 ppm Co2 this planet was a warm wet world covered in vegetation.
eveable

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satellites show greening planet

The Northern Hemisphere is getting greener

By BBC News Online science editor Dr David Whitehouse
Researchers using satellite data say that plant life above 40 degrees north latitude has been growing more vigorously since 1981.

One suspected cause is rising temperatures, possibly linked to the greenhouse effect.

Eurasia seems to be greening more than North America, with more lush vegetation for longer periods of time.

Summers are also getting longer, by 18 days in Eurasia and 12 days in North America.

Denser vegetation

"When we looked at temperature and satellite vegetation data, we saw that year-to-year changes in growth and duration of the growing season of northern vegetation are tightly linked to year-to-year changes in temperature," said Liming Zhou of the American space agency's (Nasa) Goddard Space Flight Center, Maryland.

"The area of vegetation has not extended, but the existing vegetation has increased in density," he adds.

The researchers also looked at the differences in vegetation growth between North America and Eurasia, because the pattern and extent of warming are different on the two continents.

The Eurasian greening was especially persistent over a broad swath of land from central Europe through Siberia to far-east Russia, where most of the vegetation is forests and woodlands.

Longer summers

By comparison, North America shows a fragmented pattern of change, notable only in the forests of the east and grasslands of the upper Midwest.

Dramatic changes in the timing of both the appearance and fall of leaves are recorded in these two decades of satellite data.

In Eurasia, the growing season is now almost 18 days longer, on average, with spring arriving a week early and autumn delayed by 10 days.

In North America, the growing season appears to be as much as 12 days longer.

'Carbon sinks'

Ranga Myneni, of Boston University, said: "This is an important finding because of possible implications to the global carbon cycle."

Carbon dioxide is an important greenhouse gas and is thought to play a major role in rising global temperatures.

Myneni added that under the Kyoto Protocol, most of the developed countries in the North could use certain vegetation "carbon sinks" to meet their greenhouse gas emissions reduction commitments.

If the northern forests are greening, they may already be absorbing carbon, he said: "As to how much and for how long, that needs more research."

This is a bad thing?
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is a bad thing?

YES! now we won't get to see any more of Mr suzuki's videos or his face plastered everywhere.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Craig, do you know where I can find the video you posted on the first post of this thread?
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, I found it I think...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzSzItt6h-s

I would like to commission someone to find info on how global warming is fake and what both sides arguments are (obviously with sites to back it up). I was thinking something in the area of three reputation points if it's good and we can hammer out the details later if anyone's interested. :)
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This world renowned prof at princeton who is an expert in gas emissions must not be a real scientist :x

http://www.nationalpost.com/re.....id=1369790

Some time in April you can expect me to put together/post a large computation on why global warming is fake. Boy oh boy is it bs :roll: I would post it now but I am currently doing it for school so inquiring minds on bt will have to wait :wink:
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nationalpost.com/op.....id=1369439

Best article I've found on the subject yet so I had to post it early.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember reading on this site about a Rio DE janeiro meeting where more deniers showed up than believers, does anyone know what tread that was on?
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
http://www.nationalpost.com/op.....id=1369439

Best article I've found on the subject yet so I had to post it early.

Thanks for posting that rusty, if one was to look at the arctic polar ice cap data we could conclude that we were heading for an ice age if the trend continues ... but I think we are safe from either doomsday scenario.

H/T SDA

Compare Daily Sea Ice > click

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

Jump to: