Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Hugely biased Canadian Press strikes again... Reply with quote

Harper skips Canada in favour of U.S. interviews

Quote:
OTTAWA -- Prime Minister Stephen Harper will travel to the United States this weekend for another series of American media interviews, including one with the Fox News network that disparaged Canadian soldiers last week.

No government-to-government business or meetings are planned Sunday in Washington and Monday in New York, said his spokesman, and the full list of media outlets Harper will speak to is not being released.

1. Notice how they say he is "skipping Canada". Just because he is doing some interviews in the states.

2. Notice how they tie his doing an interview with Fox to the 3am program that disparaged Canadian soldiers.

3. Notice how they say that no government to government business is happening.

4. Notice how they point out that he isn't releasing the complete itinerary.

Could they be any more biased? If this was Michael Ignatieff the headline would have been...

"Iggy building bridges with Obama led Americans"
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats another example of poor reporting and not a great article , the canadian press has put out a number of other similar articles over the years . for sure if a liberal or someone else was doing the same thing the article would of been wrote alot differently .
JDot

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Hugely biased Canadian Press strikes again... Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

Quote:
OTTAWA -- Prime Minister Stephen Harper will travel to the United States this weekend for another series of American media interviews, including one with the Fox News network that disparaged Canadian soldiers last week.

No government-to-government business or meetings are planned Sunday in Washington and Monday in New York, said his spokesman, and the full list of media outlets Harper will speak to is not being released.

1. Notice how they say he is "skipping Canada". Just because he is doing some interviews in the states.

2. Notice how they tie his doing an interview with Fox to the 3am program that disparaged Canadian soldiers.

3. Notice how they say that no government to government business is happening.

4. Notice how they point out that he isn't releasing the complete itinerary.

Could they be any more biased? If this was Michael Ignatieff the headline would have been...

"Iggy building bridges with Obama led Americans"

Bang on Craig.... :cry:

PM Harper is doing interviews with CNN and other news wires. This is nothing but a hit job from the PPG b/c, PM Harper just gave all the PPG the middle figure(Good job on PMO for letting our biased MSM walk into this).... 8)

This arcticle is a classic CPC hit job IMHO... 8)
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you all pick up this weeks Maclean’s magazine, where the report on Harper doing TV interviews with American networks to avoid the bias Ottawa press gallery.
JDot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
I suggest you all pick up this weeks Maclean’s magazine, where the report on Harper doing TV interviews with American networks to avoid the bias Ottawa press gallery.

I will not give macleans.ca my money after the last election(there reporting since has just reinforced my opion 8) ). I read Geddes article for free online. And it was nothing but a PM Harper hit job IMHO.

Geddes piece..

http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/0.....the-world/

Nothing but a disgruntled reporter IMHO...

GTFOH, if you don't think the PPG are not Iggy "stans" 8) .
NorthernRaven

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a little rich to say because Harper is apparently being interview on CTV's Question Period with Jane and Craig, and frankly he's been doing interviews all around the country including Steve Murphy (ATV Atlantic new broadcaster who asked Stephane Dion that what who he have done question) since the election.

I just hope Harper rails into Jane if she goes to far and doesn't give him some respect.
SFrank85

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDot wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:

I will not give macleans.ca my money after the last election(there reporting since has just reinforced my opion 8) ). I read Geddes article for free online. And it was nothing but a PM Harper hit job IMHO.

Geddes piece..

http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/0.....the-world/

Nothing but a disgruntled reporter IMHO...

GTFOH, if you don't think the PPG are not Iggy "stans" 8) .

Really? Maclean’s has become one of the better sources for fair and balanced news and opinions.
cbasu

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hugely biased Canadian Press strikes again... Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

You should have seen the headlines that were left on the cutting floor:

1. Harper blows thousands of taxpayer dollars to audition as a FOX News talk-show host.

2. Harper refuses to meet US administration officials in Washington.

3. Harper knocks on the White House door, but Obama won't invite him in.

4. Harper's bizarro-world communications strategy.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Hugely biased Canadian Press strikes again... Reply with quote

cbasu wrote:
Craig wrote:

You should have seen the headlines that were left on the cutting floor:

1. Harper blows thousands of taxpayer dollars to audition as a FOX News talk-show host.

2. Harper refuses to meet US administration officials in Washington.

3. Harper knocks on the White House door, but Obama won't invite him in.

4. Harper's bizarro-world communications strategy.

From the Toronto Star: Harper has Fox News love-in

Here's a dog bites man article from the same paper Poll finds economy Canadians' top issue. They don't say.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or how about this one from the Globe and Mail.

Harper blows it on Fox News
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate how everyone says that he should be addressing Canadians :x If they turned on there bloody tv's they could see him talking.
SFrank85

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It truly is disgusting. The Conservatives should have a media blitz right now, and getting their sides of the story out.

Jump to: