Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AIDS is on an increase in North America and Western Europe, but not because the disease it out of control, but some certain people (homosexuals, I.V. drug users, prostitutes) continue to live a high risk life style. AIDS has become a chronic disease. People can now live over 20 years after being diagnosed with the disease, and live a fairly normal life if they stay on their medications.
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah NOW it does, but AIDS could have been slowed so much if it wasnt for the homophobic media and politicans in north america.
If you think that AIDS funding was anywhere near what it needed to be before 85 then your on crack. And if you think that this is not because it was gay men that were dying your just plain wrong. It wasnt until the 'innocent' victims started to die and rock hudson and foucault died that people/media/government started to care.

This might be pc going to far, but CF affects 3500 Canadians, mostly whites, and it is a legit point that if they were gays or blacks there is no way that nearly as much money would have been raised. And it is a legit question to ask if this is what the major Canadian univeristy fundraiser should be.

And people didnt know about aids in africa before aids in north america, I dunno where you got that from but aids was identified in USA, France, and maybe Denmark (I cant remember).

Now if you really want I will find stats and go year by year aids funding to the NIH and CDC and various other unviersities in America from 1980-85 and compare that to other dieases, but its really not going to change your viewpoint (which is just plain wrong as its a fact that aids was massively underfunded because it was a gay mans dieases for the first 5 years, not something you can debate).
Habsrwfan

Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:

This might be pc going to far, but CF affects 3500 Canadians, mostly whites, and it is a legit point that if they were gays or blacks there is no way that nearly as much money would have been raised.

If it affected a minority group, far more money would be raised. You drastically underestimate how PC Canada currently is.
Cronus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Students at an Ottawa university are pulling out of a Canada-wide fundraiser that provides close to $1 million a year for cystic fibrosis research and treatment, arguing that the disease "has been recently revealed to only affect white people, and primarily men" something experts say is untrue.

The Carleton University Students Association voted Monday night overwhelmingly in favour of choosing a new charity to support during its orientation week in September, in lieu of Shinerama, which raises money for the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

A friend in Ottawa sends me regular updates on the Stalinist insanity which predominates at Carleton U. Hopefully most of these kids will grow up and realize their errors of their youth.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A friend in Ottawa sends me regular updates on the Stalinist insanity which predominates at Carleton U. Hopefully most of these kids will grow up and realize their errors of their youth.

Is it worse than other universities?
Cronus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:

Is it worse than other universities?

Student politics at my university isn't known for its ideological radicalism. The much larger problem was the mind boggling level of personal attacks and back-stabbing.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cronus wrote:
Quote:
Student politics at my university isn't known for its ideological radicalism. The much larger problem was the mind boggling level of personal attacks and back-stabbing.

So would you say that you like carelton?

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: