Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: media even handed? Reply with quote

I am watching the news in the middle east a lot and I always hear "and well have a word from both sides". Good I like hearing both sides. Then the Israel representative will say something true and the interviewer will be understanding and whatnot. Then a palestinian representative will tell a bunch of lies and the interviewer will react in the same fashion (understanding and whatnot), never challenging a lie.

It is not only this way in the middle east conflict. It seems little or no interviewers ever challenge blatant lies. Mike Duffy did sometimes and one in a blue moon other interviewers will. So agnologing that Interviewers report lies and the truth the same way, what is the medias role in this country?
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like absolute equality is rarely fair, true fairness is seldom balanced. IMO, most media seems to pick one and pretend it's also the other, or ignore both in the pursuit of an agenda...
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will miss Duffy. He at least challenged the lies the left threw out there.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
We will miss Duffy. He at least challenged the lies the left threw out there.

I won't miss Mike Duffy because he's a senator now! :) Yahooo!
tanja

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: media even handed? Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
I am watching the news in the middle east a lot and I always hear "and well have a word from both sides". Good I like hearing both sides. Then the Israel representative will say something true and the interviewer will be understanding and whatnot. Then a palestinian representative will tell a bunch of lies and the interviewer will react in the same fashion (understanding and whatnot), never challenging a lie.

It is not only this way in the middle east conflict. It seems little or no interviewers ever challenge blatant lies. Mike Duffy did sometimes and one in a blue moon other interviewers will. So agnologing that Interviewers report lies and the truth the same way, what is the medias role in this country?

Oh ..
People are usually misinformed when it comes to current matters in Iran, and the actual living conditions of the real, ordinary people living there. Personal freedom is very limited, but being a theocratic society, Iran seems to accept the manner of conduct in everyday life as normal, just the way others in democratic societies take their freedoms for granted. For example, use of Internet in Iran is reduced to a minimum, and social networks such as Facebook are banned. There is no way for the young people over there to connect with others from different parts of the world. That way the government prevents inflow of western ideas but also puts a padlock to the window into the positives that difference of information can bring to young minds. This topic can be discussed from various angles, but the one that I recommend you to take a look at is The Age of Nepotism, the book by Vahid Razavi that covers this and many other burning issues in today's global society. You can also visit the site www.thegeofnepotism.com

Jump to: