Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

can the conservatives win back quebec ?
yes
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
only hold what they have / minor gains
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
no
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

ConservateurQc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

It is my second time blogging on Blogging Tories. And I have a great interest about this topic.

Let me add my input into the discussion. Since I'm from Quebec (probably the only one?), I'm probably understand Quebec issue better than anybody who just commment on this blog.

I'll start by saying that the Quebec always have been divide in two part. First half with people who wants to stay in Canada and the other half who wants to stay.
The Bloc have been strong because they get everybody who wants to separate Quebec from Canada. The other half is splitted between the Conservative party, the NPD or the Liberal, except for a few riding.

The conservative have to do what they have done at the first election. Focus on the needs of the families and make policies that will show to Quebec population the interest of the ROC for Quebec.

The perception of Quebecers (leaded by the Bloc Quebecois spin) in the last election was that Language = Culture (Arts) and the cuts in Arts by the conservative as against Quebecers.

Samething with the fact the Quebecers respect the honesty on the conservative until Harper decided to go over his own law to have and election.

On the other hand Quebecers have to agree with the following:
1- It is true that Quebec is not Alberta
2- But B.C. is not Ontario as well as Manitoba is not Newfoundland

This is why we need a federal government in Canada, to bring us together on common issue. And this is also why you need Quebec in order to be able to lead the country. The history show that Quebec decide if the government will be a majority or a minority, and Ontario decide the color of the government.

On the ground, the conservative in Quebec are getting stronger. Ever if the basis of the membership is not outstanding in terms of numbers, they are most active then ever since 10 years. But there's more to do. We wil see how things goes.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConservateurQc wrote:
Hello everybody,

It is my second time blogging on Blogging Tories. And I have a great interest about this topic.

Let me add my input into the discussion. Since I'm from Quebec (probably the only one?), I'm probably understand Quebec issue better than anybody who just commment on this blog.

Welcome to Blogging Tories. You are right. Most of us don't know how politics in Quebec works. It's good to see some insight. One of the biggest issues I think is the language barrier. For instance, Harper was talking about soverigntists in Quebec but separatists in ROC. We in the ROC consider the BQ and PQ separatists.

Another, I believe is the media. When the world economy was hit hard in October the Quebec media was covering a bunch of whining artists on the streets of Montreal for two weeks straight. I can't sympathize with that.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: