Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Ontario PC Convention Reply with quote

Apparently, it's happening right now. I had no idea myself, but I caught a post from Darryl Wolk about it. Is there anyone here in attendance?

It looks like the CPC MPs have a substantial presence there, which I can't say I'm too excited about. I'd rather that provincial and federal parties stay as seperate as possible.
Jeff

Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please come to your senses guys! We're rooting for you on the east coast.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ontario PC Convention Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Apparently, it's happening right now. I had no idea myself, but I caught a post from Darryl Wolk about it. Is there anyone here in attendance?

It looks like the CPC MPs have a substantial presence there, which I can't say I'm too excited about. I'd rather that provincial and federal parties stay as seperate as possible.

I'd prefer for the provincial and federal parties to stay separate but a lot of the Ontario CPC's were part of the OPC Harris government so I'm sure there are a lot of connections. Truthfully, I'm not all that impressed with the OPC. I would like to see John Tory step down and replaced.
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
...a lot of the Ontario CPC's were part of the OPC Harris government so I'm sure there are a lot of connections.

You know, I'd totally forgotten about that, but it's a good point. Nonetheless, my concern stands. In the post I linked to above, Wolk mentions that Tory has yet to make an appearance, as he is busy campaigning in his by-election :roll:
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there as a youth delegate - had the opportunity to meet Tory, some lady gave me a weird look. "She's like well, here's your chance to meet him." - He was a few feet away. Then I said, "Yeah, I could..." Then I just moved out of the room. Her glance back at me was scary. Like, 'You don't want to meet OUR LEADER???' - She seemed so perplexed.

Itís no wonder the party is where it is. Anyone who was at the policy votes will get my meaning. Assuming they donít love John Tory like Americans and some Canadians love Obama.

One positive though was Toryís speech at the dinner on Saturday was very good. I was quite surprised.

Laurie Scott Ė Nice lady I think, but I feel bad for her. Either she is easily manipulated, an opportunist, or just didnít really like being an MPP.

Peter Van Loan (who was there) Ė I have zero respect for that man now. Not that I had much to begin with. Yeah...

The hospitality suites were amazing. Bob Runciman, very funny when drunkÖ Poor fellow. Iíd feel bad if he remembers one moment last night. I was on my first beer, and yet when I saw him I thought I was the drunk one for a second. Not to put him down, Bobís a nice guy.

Frank Klees, another nice guy. Donít think he partook in the suites. I also met a few BT bloggers and other media.

Overall, I thought it was a very educational and informative experience. Although, why the party insists on Niagara Falls is beyond me. Itís too hard on the pocket book, I think.
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!

DavidK wrote:
Peter Van Loan (who was there) Ė I have zero respect for that man now. Not that I had much to begin with. Yeah...

Just out of curiosity, do you mean politically speaking, or otherwise? Why? Can you recap the policy session for us?
Christian Conservative

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there... at least Saturday afternoon and evening
DavidK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Thanks for the info!

DavidK wrote:

Just out of curiosity, do you mean politically speaking, or otherwise? Why? Can you recap the policy session for us?

Yeah, sorry, I was rather vague. I didnít get much sleep last night. Not til 3 am anywayÖ

As far as PVL goes. Iíd say personally, politically, heís a dink.

The man strikes me as an opportunist. Heís not the type that seems very personable. Iíve met the man, at least three times and each time itís like he doesnít know who I am. And Iím quite recognisable, very unique, if you will. So that fact that I have met him over and over again, and he still doesnít know who I am.. It shows me that he doesnít care about people. And Im not saying that he needs to know me by name, but come on.

Iíve met the PM, other MPs, MPPs Ė and they all remember me when I approach them. Whatís Van Loanís excuse?

Politically, he showed (notably at the convention and policy votes) that he doesnít care about democracy as far as the leadership selection process within the party.

My only issues with the constitutional amendment votes were basically all the purposed amendments that would have affected the Leader - and make John Toryís loss in 07 grounds for selecting a new leader in similar future situationsĖ and because he is running in the by-election, they donít want to fix the flaws that have allowed him to remain despite his loss in the General Election.
DavidK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Conservative wrote:
I was there... at least Saturday afternoon and evening

Yes, and it was good to see you! I think the last time was Rally for Canada?

Jump to: