Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBG

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: "Liberation Movement" - A True Story Reply with quote

My son's Bar Mitzvah is tomorrow. The Torah portion being read in Jewish synagogues throughout the world could be called "Peoples' Manifesto for the Liberation From Slavery".

It concerns the song sung by the Hebrews to rejoice after they successfully crossed the Red Sea on dry land. The sea returned with a vengency, engulfing the Egyptians. The Hebrews sang the "Song at the Sea", now the "Mi Chomocha" sung at almost all Jewish services. The song celebrates freedom and liberation from slavery.

Isn't this what the U.N. means by a "liberation organization"? Or what the folks in Durban consider "liberation from oppression and racism"?

Or for a movement or event to qualify, does it have to be destructive, harmful, cause senseless loss of life and of course poverty?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: "Liberation Movement" - A True Story Reply with quote

JBG wrote:
My son's Bar Mitzvah is tomorrow.

Congratulations to both of you!!

-Mac
JBG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: "Liberation Movement" - A True Story Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
JBG wrote:
My son's Bar Mitzvah is tomorrow.

Congratulations to both of you!!

-Mac
Thanks. It went great!!!
Mac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: "Liberation Movement" - A True Story Reply with quote

JBG wrote:
Thanks. It went great!!!

No problems with the reading? Public speaking is difficult at the best of times.

-Mac
JBG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: "Liberation Movement" - A True Story Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
JBG wrote:
Thanks. It went great!!!

No problems with the reading? Public speaking is difficult at the best of times.

-Mac
The bar mitzvah went very well. Jay was a real star there. The speeches went pretty wel; most liked them, two complained about length, my wife and one other. others thought they were perfect. We even managed to protect the safety of non-Jewish guests; always a concern.
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: "Liberation Movement" - A True Story Reply with quote

JBG wrote:
The bar mitzvah went very well. Jay was a real star there. The speeches went pretty wel; most liked them, two complained about length, my wife and one other. others thought they were perfect. We even managed to protect the safety of non-Jewish guests; always a concern.

If my understanding is right, Jay is the bar mitzvah...

It was considerate to protect the non-Jewish guests but I expect you've incurred the wrath of the community for doing so. Have you sworn the non-Jewish guests to silence to insure they don't tell the world about the rituals?

-Mac
JBG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: "Liberation Movement" - A True Story Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
JBG wrote:

If my understanding is right, Jay is the bar mitzvah...
Yes. Jay is the Bar Mitzvah boy.
Mac wrote:

It was considerate to protect the non-Jewish guests but I expect you've incurred the wrath of the community for doing so.
By tradition, non-Jews are beaten savagely when attending any Jewish ritual at a Temple or even an in-home gathering.
Mac wrote:

Have you sworn the non-Jewish guests to silence to insure they don't tell the world about the rituals?
Certainly, we have sworn them to secrecy about the group orgy with a goat, and the frequently deadly"stone the devil" rituals (link).
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly hope everyone reading realizes just how serious we are about this. No goats were harmed in the writing of this satire. :wink:

-Mac
JBG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
I certainly hope everyone reading realizes just how serious we are about this. No goats were harmed in the writing of this satire. :wink:

-Mac
The word "satyr" was Greek for goat (link). It sounds close to the word "satire" but they are supposedly unrelated words.
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBG wrote:
The word "satyr" was Greek for goat (link). It sounds close to the word "satire" but they are supposedly unrelated words.

Satyrs are mythical and satire is often based on myths... hmmm....

-Mac
mrsocko

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching Johnny Carson one night and he was doing the Carnak bit. He held the envelope to his head and said "Goats by day"(Gotsbedai was the Iranian president during the hostage crisis late 70's). He opened the envelpoe and said "what does a Iranian man do if his wife witholds sexual favours at night? :shock:
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
I was watching Johnny Carson one night and he was doing the Carnak bit. He held the envelope to his head and said "Goats by day"(Gotsbedai was the Iranian president during the hostage crisis late 70's). He opened the envelpoe and said "what does a Iranian man do if his wife witholds sexual favours at night? :shock:

Johnny was one of the best comedians of all time, bar none.

-Mac
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, this reminded me of one of my favorite satirical websites... SatireWire.Com!! I'm shocked it's still "up" since they stopped updating it in 2002.

Example? Sure... G-d names next "Chosen People!"

-Mac
JBG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
For some reason, this reminded me of one of my favorite satirical websites... SatireWire.Com!! I'm shocked it's still "up" since they stopped updating it in 2002.

Example? Sure... G-d names next "Chosen People!"

-Mac

Great spelling of G-d. Thanks.
Mac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBG wrote:
Great spelling of G-d. Thanks.

And some people claim I'm insensitive... :wink:

-Mac

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: