Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donmuntean

Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: old photo restorations Reply with quote

Hi all...

I just completed a photo restoration [by hand as there ain't any 'wizards' to do this] - isn't it just amazing what a PC and a lot of patience can do!!

Is it good?

BEFORE

AFTER

donmuntean

Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an interchange file to show the tremendous difference in before and after:

crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job!!!!!

What program did you use?

AS for the scratches and stuck on dust did you just "clone" it or what method did you use?

I love fiddling with old photos and such. PC programs have opened a whole new outlet for family history with these remarkable abilities.
donmuntean

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma wrote:
Great job!!!!!

What program did you use?

AS for the scratches and stuck on dust did you just "clone" it or what method did you use?

I love fiddling with old photos and such. PC programs have opened a whole new outlet for family history with these remarkable abilities.

Thanks! I use Painshop Pro - an older version - I did in fact clone all of it [painstakingly] and then I tweaked the colors and contrast and brightness etc., to create a brighter clearer picture. Doing this is rewarding in that one can see a picture transform and become 'new' again - it takes lots of practice to do it well and there are techniques one learns as one does. Can you post some of your pictures? :)
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work, Don. What's the story behind the picture?
donmuntean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Very nice work, Don. What's the story behind the picture?

Hi...thanks - actually it's just a picture that i found online - it's in a small village I lived in for a year many years ago. [for practice] I fixed it and sent it back to the website I found it at - i hope they use it. :)
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: a recent project Reply with quote

Here is a recent project - the person whose picture this is wanted their Dad's German Sheppard to be added from one photo to another - they once had a picture with the dog and her Dad together but it was lost - so they had these pictures and I did as best I could to make it look natural - the originals are only 3by2 inches - so I had to do some high resolution scans and then combine and restore - the picture was not fully restored so as to preserve some of the vintage 'charm' in the photo:

Is it 'original' looking?
don muntean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Some other recent projects Reply with quote

These two were black and white and colorized by hand in paint shop [no colorization wizard]:

[a very dear friend]

[a friend's Dad]

In these next pictures I had to restore parts that were torn off or otherwise missing - these were used in creating family pictures [for friends] and these particular snapshots couldn't be used as received:

Here's a nice one of a friend's indoor kitties:

Same picture new setting:

Some other pictures I've done for practice and to express my respect for the deep personal commitments to faith of the two subjects of these variations on the same theme:

Mr. Harper:

Mr. Day:

More to come!

:)

Last edited by don muntean on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
nathaliejcaron

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe... these are cool...

As for the dog picture, it looks pretty realistic :)

This is entertaining, keep up the good work :)

ps - merry xmas!
don muntean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathaliejcaron wrote:
Hehehe... these are cool...

As for the dog picture, it looks pretty realistic :)

This is entertaining, keep up the good work :)

ps - merry xmas!

Thanks and merry Christmas to you too! :D
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of which when the money is there I need to upgrade my Design Standard CS3 to Design Premium CS4 which includes the superior quality Photoshop CS4 extended, with Illustrator CS4, Flash CS4, Dreamweaver CS4, InDesign CS4, Adobe Acrobat Professional 9, Fireworks CS4. Need I have to brag more boys & girls, for me it costs only a fraction of a first time buyer. :wink:

Anyways Adobe rules, Corel is ok. :lol:
don muntean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
Speaking of which when the money is there I need to upgrade my Design Standard CS3 to Design Premium CS4 which includes the superior quality Photoshop CS4 extended, with Illustrator CS4, Flash CS4, Dreamweaver CS4, InDesign CS4, Adobe Acrobat Professional 9, Fireworks CS4. Need I have to brag more boys & girls, for me it costs only a fraction of a first time buyer. :wink:

Anyways Adobe rules, Corel is ok. :lol:

I know Adobe is the Hummer of graphics software and while I cannot afford that software I cannot even afford the latest version of the much cheaper Paint Shop Pro - I'm using v.8 - before it was sold to corel...nonetheless I think I can do some quality work with this older version. It is a good program.

What do you mean when you say " Need I have to brag more boys & girls, for me it costs only a fraction of a first time buyer"?
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don muntean wrote:

I know Adobe is the Hummer of graphics software and while I cannot afford that software I cannot even afford the latest version of the much cheaper Paint Shop Pro - I'm using v.8 - before it was sold to corel...nonetheless I think I can do some quality work with this older version. It is a good program.

What do you mean when you say " Need I have to brag more boys & girls, for me it costs only a fraction of a first time buyer"?

1. Got $36.00 USD? Though you may not be able to afford the X4 Suite of over $400 USD you can buy Photo Paint X2 for a very affordable price. X2 is still quite upto date
http://www.nextag.com/Corel-Co.....rices-html
As a matter of fact in college we used Corel products for the production of maps, & if wasn't for the prospects of the Avenza's MaPublisher 8 plugin which now gives Illustrator Flash mapping capabilities I might have very well taken the Corel route. It's alot more affordable & it is a very good product.

2. Just having a little fun, sometimes it doesn't hurt to brag because it's not too often I get too. Anyways I already own Design Standard CS3 & after looking over the qualifications for the Premimum edition of CS4 it looks as though despite not having Premium CS3 I still qualify for at the same price with the standard edition. So in essence not only am I upgrading Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, & Acrobat Professional but I'm getting Dreamweaver, Flash, (good for IMS type applications, google maps API, & dynamic forms), & Fireworks.

To put in short I own CS3, I will be paying less for the upgrade to CS4 because I don't need to buy the full package & I already own a serial code.
don muntean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before:

After:

[this was done recently for a friend]

Last edited by don muntean on Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
don muntean

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a new project - I had to take two individuals from separate photos and create a new period photo - I made two versions - I think they both look cool - I like the one with the church best - I hope to be able to make a freelance business out of this graphics stuff at some point...

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: