Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eveable

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: The American South gets it Reply with quote

While Al Gore screams that the polar ice caps will be melted within 5 years, and AP demands totalitarian measures, back in the real world, it keeps getting colder.

In Las Vegas:

A rare winter storm swept through Southern Nevada Wednesday, dumping the most snow on the valley in nearly three decades, grounding flights at the airport, forcing the closure of major highways and closing schools for today.

ďThis is the most snow weíve had in Las Vegas in almost 30 years,Ē said Chris Stachelski, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service.
In balmy California:

Snow snarled major mountain highways and even dusted Malibu on Wednesday as a cold storm hit parts of California. Ö Styming thousands of commuters and travelers, snow shut Interstate 15 over 4,190-foot Cajon Pass east of Los Angeles and roads through the San Gabriel Mountains connecting metropolitan Los Angeles to the commuter suburbs of Palmdale and Lancaster in the high desert to the north.
Los Angeles commuters havenít seen anything like it in 15 years. Even the San Diego area has been hit. It may be fun for snow boarders, but there is a downside:

Freeze warnings were issued for late Wednesday through Thursday morning for the Sacramento Valley, the northern San Joaquin Valley and the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta region, among others.

ďA freeze warning means subfreezing temperatures are imminent or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other sensitive vegetation,Ē the NWS said.

Freeze warnings were also issued for north San Francisco Bay area valleys, and a combination of frost advisories and freeze warnings were issued for parts of southwestern California.
As humans have known since before we could talk, cold weather is a bigger problem than warm weather. Unfortunately, our cooling climate is real, whereas global warming is an increasingly preposterous farce.
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in high school. I did co op at a radio station. The Manager also happened to be a meteorologist and used to work for Environment Canada before moving onto another weather related career. He told me that this stuff happens every 30 or 40 years really, the weather patterns change. Basically, itís hot, then it is cold, then itís too hot or too cold. But now Gore attributes this current cycle to a massive global warming??? No, Iím sorry, thatís BS.

While I donít disagree that people are hurting the environment, we are not looking at The Day After Tomorrow type of thing here. In the 60s, people were screaming about another ice age!
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save the polar bears! Despite the fact that the polar beer population has increased over the last few years. Global warming? Since 1998, the earthís tempter has actually cooled.
eveable

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember sleeping on the screened in porch in Windsor where I grew up in the 70's (and it was cold then but not in WIndsor in the summer) and waking up coated with black soot from an inversion. The black soot was from Detroit. I think we have cleaned up the environment and I don't think we are hurting it that much now compared to the 50's, 60's and 70's.
However the environmentalists have not gotten one right yet. I am starting to take count. 100 million dead from the ban on DDT, 50 million dead from the biofuel caused starvation in Africa, Hati, South America, etc. Lets count the cutting of the Amazon forest to grow biofuel crops and..I know there is more.

By the way, who said that drinking water from your own tap was harmfull and you have to buy water trucked from wherever in plastic bottles made from enough gas to fuel a years worth of North American travel?
Darth Vader

Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the global warming theory has been pretty much debunked that being said however global warming is survivable but global cooling would result in most of the worlds population dead.

You can't survive with a kilometer of ice sitting on top of you.
cuzzin_elias

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your [very openly] highly opinionated post fails to disprove human-induced global warming -let alone any kind of global warming- and instead, pulls wildly publicized scientific research (such as the mini-period of cooling which I heard about on the "liberal" BBC World Service) to make a case. Inadvertantly, it doesn't; it discusses a temporary halt in (or temporary cancelling out of] human-induced global warming due to natural factors.

Additionally, the skepticism surrounding human-induced global warming doesn't address the other problems caused by burning fossil fuels for energy: depletion of oil supply from easily accessible natural reserves, smog and air pollution in the world's major cities and communities near fossil-fuel burning electric plants (including toxic ozone), acid rain, oil spills, overdependence on foreign oil and the wars caused by it, rising price of oil, rising price of fuel due to ethanol, and antisocial and disastrous urban planning.

Unless you have no problem sticking an exhaust pipe in your mouth, and breathing in.

Or, going for a swim in a beach affected by an oil spill.

The campaign here to disprove global warming is not only a gross failure, but it also haphazardly overlooks all the other countless problems caused by fossil fuel energy. Yet, you feel soooo threatened by environmentalism; you feel soo threatened that environmentalism will [supposedly] take away some things that you can't live without, that you've launched this campaign of denial, hoping to convince others -and yourself- that there is no possible danger here, despite global warming skeptics' acknowledgement that global warming is indeed real and just might be caused by human activity.
eveable

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew I had forgotten a couple of the environmentalists causes: Acid Rain and Freon.

I have been waiting for acid rain for so long and it just won't show up. Where I live, the soil is alkaline so I want acid rain. I have even tested the PH of rain falling from the sky. It was a 7, neutral.

Then the ozone hole that was caused by Freon, terrible, so Freon was banned. Opps, now that we are in a solar minimum with the biggest ozone hole ever seen, it turns out it is not caused by Freon but by the Cosmic Rays that are plentiful in a solar minimum.

I hope the above post was a joke.
cuzzin_elias

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, nothing you said addresses the problems caused by fossil fuels.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cussin wrote
Your [very openly] highly opinionated post fails to disprove human-induced global warming

Can you prove human induced global warming?

No you you can't because their are stats for both sides. I trust the no global warming scientsts because they don't get rich off there statements.As Al Gore says in his movie "it is very hard for a man to understand something when his paycheck depends on him not understanding it". Al's pay check depend on him not understanding that humans are not the cause of global warming, if there is any.
cuzzin_elias

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
cussin wrote
Your [very openly] highly opinionated post fails to disprove human-induced global warming

Can you prove human induced global warming?

I don't know if anyone can prove that. But I can prove that fossil fuels are bad for mankind. Once again you conveniently cherry pick one statement and fail to read anything else.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you havent done the same on a much broder scale?
eveable

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three periods in our very recent history disprove man made global warming.

1. During the Great Depression, when all industry was shut down, the 30's and the 40's contain 5 of the top 10 warmest years in the 20th century.

2. In the 50's, 60's and 70's when CO2 emissions were rising, the planet cooled for 3 decades.

3. For the last 10 years, with rising C02 levels, the planet is cooling again. Sea levels stopped rising for the past 5 years. The ice sheets in Antarctica have been growing for 60 years, ice sheets in the Arctic have been growing for the past year.

I agree that there are environmental problems with fossil fuels, however man made global warming is not one of them and that is the only environmental cause being pushed at present.

The statement "fossil fuels are bad for mankind" is interesting. Yes, oil spills, coal dust etc are not good but it is our use of fossil fuels that have brought about the prosperity that we all enjoy now. Would you really rather be living in this climate without a source of heat and light?

There are environmental issues that we can act on, such as reducing landfill use, reducing waste, cleaning up parkland, etc., however the huge push on this one cause, "Global Warming" which is such an incredible fraud, has tainted all the others.
Capitalist Pig

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
Save the polar bears! Despite the fact that the polar beer population has increased over the last few years. Global warming? Since 1998, the earthís tempter has actually cooled.

The natural thing would be to let the polar bears die out. It's called Darwinism and it is part of the process of evolution. It seems like environmentalists want to play "God" and run their creationist plans.

Quote:
Sea levels stopped rising for the past 5 years.

I'm still trying to figure out how they (scientists) can competently measure sea levels. We have high tides and low tides. We have average high tides, super high tides and low high tides, just as we have average low tides, super low tides and very little low tides. If the wind out at sea is blowing into the shore, the level goes up. The wind is blowing out, the level goes down. And we're expected to believe that they can measure mere millimeters in change.
Capitalist Pig

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Additionally, the skepticism surrounding human-induced global warming doesn't address the other problems caused by burning fossil fuels for energy: depletion of oil supply from easily accessible natural reserves, smog and air pollution in the world's major cities and communities near fossil-fuel burning electric plants (including toxic ozone), acid rain, oil spills, overdependence on foreign oil and the wars caused by it, rising price of oil, rising price of fuel due to ethanol, and antisocial and disastrous urban planning.

Quote:
depletion of oil supply from easily accessible natural reserves

I don't understand why this is a problem. That's like saying the problem with potato chips is that when you eat them, there will be less in the bag.

Quote:
smog and air pollution in the world's major cities

Smog is a byproduct of progress. The lifespan of people is still growing. Doctors are far more concerned about obesity than smog. If smog is a problem, than we should probably go to war with Oreo cookies first.

Quote:
communities near fossil-fuel burning electric plants

The junk food in the grocery store is a bigger threat to the communities survival.

Quote:
acid rain

Do people even talk about this anymore? I remember hearing it when I was a kid, but not today. I don't think acid rain is really as bad as the fear mongering let it on to be. What was the worse? Some farmers had some troubles with a few of their crops? I suppose genetically engineered plants can beat it.

Quote:
oil spills

You ever heard that say "shit happens"? Well, no matter what you do sometimes you'll run into an accident. Drive a car, you might die in a car accident. Just think what would happen if a truck full of CFL lightbulbs crashed right beside a municipalities water supply. All that mercury seeping into the water supply. OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

Quote:
overdependence on foreign oil and the wars caused by it

Overdependence doesn't cause wars. Protectionism, and market manipulation cause wars. "If goods don 't cross borders, soldiers will." - Bastiat. We should produce as much oil as physically possible, open up the borders for free trade and we can avoid wars. Peace through free markets.

Quote:
rising price of oil

Isn't the rising price of oil better for the environment. Low prices would mean I'd idle a hummer all night long.

Quote:
rising price of fuel due to ethanol

I don't know what this has to do with oil, since ethanol is a government created industry. But higher prices are better for the environment. It's pretty obvious right. Higher cost means less oil use, which means less fossil fuel "damage". As well, it makes alternative forms of energy more competitive.

Quote:
antisocial and disastrous urban planning

huh? Should we live in the woods with the chipmunks? Is living with the chipmunks the "social" thing to do?

Jump to: