Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: do you go door to door spreading the good word of Harper Reply with quote

have you ever voluntereed for the torys in a election campain? I stopped after Harper did not stand up for Shane Doan, in the hockey thing. I might start again though because the Doan incident was so long ago.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly, Denis Coderre proved what an utter imbecile he is (again) by his complaint against Doan but I'm not sure why the PM would be directly involved in such a petty matter.

I was involved with the party years ago before I started working for the government... nothing lately...

-Mac
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole Doan thing was rediculous - I'm not sure that it would have been better to stand up for Doan, or just ignore the whole thing as beneath effort.

But yeah, I did a fair bit of door knocking in the last campaign. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoy it.
cuzzin_elias

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. So you were upset the prime minister didn't defend a bigot? I see your priorities are in order.
SFrank85

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually put up signs during election campaigns. I have done so in the 2004, 2006, and 2008 elections. I must say the 2006 election was difficult trying to put stakes through frozen solid ground.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I haven't volunteered. I might for the next election. I would really like to see how my riding gets split and who the blue candidate for it is after they add the 21 new seats to Ontario. I hope sooner or later OPP commissioner Julian Fantino steps down and runs in my riding. I'd definitely volunteer for that.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: do you go door to door spreading the good word of Harper Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
have you ever voluntereed for the torys in a election campain? I stopped after Harper did not stand up for Shane Doan, in the hockey thing. I might start again though because the Doan incident was so long ago.

hey rusty, how do you get your picture beside your s/n?
DavidK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: do you go door to door spreading the good word of Harper Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
Rusty Bedsprings wrote:

hey rusty, how do you get your picture beside your s/n?

Look under Control Panel/Profile

THIS ICON:

Scroll to the very bottom, you should see a text box for the URL of a picture and an option to upload from your computer
biggie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: do you go door to door spreading the good word of Harper Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:

that's a pretty stupid reason not to volunteer to help the CPC...

I wonder if Shane Doan will ever do anything good for anyone in Canada.

Your priorities seem a little messed up - hockey player over good governance. No wonder this country is so messed up sometimes.

to answer your question - yes.
eveable

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have worked for the Tories before. It was very interesting and opened my eyes on the average persons reasons for voting as they do.
I will say that I came away from that experience realizing that the average voter should not be allowed to vote.
marklar

Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gone door to door before...but i would be interested in hearing peoples' experiences.
eveable

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only so long you can listern to: "My father voted Liberal and I vote Liberal" or My family has always voted for the NDP and I'm not going to change"

Gee, am I the only person who has voted Conservative, Liberal, NDP, Reform, Cons. That's it,,no green party.

I got the impression talking to people that they did not think about the parties or think about the issues, in fact none of them knew any issues. It was really sad.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to help our with the local campaigns when I live in competitive ridings but Diane Ablonzsy really doesn't need my help.
DavidK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem with many people is that they do one of two things when voting

1. They look at a single issue, make up their mind

or

2. They don't bother looking at anything at all [and just vote as if its a reflex]

You CANNOT base you vote on one or two issues. You need to look at the bigger picture and focus on that. So if a conservative political party supports 7/10 of your views VS a liberal one at 3/10. Go Right. Most don't do that and they should.
cuzzin_elias

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, only I go door-to-door spreading the truth about Harper & his group of Harris-era thugs.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: