Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cuzzin_elias

votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Oprah's ascending Reply with quote

Oprah Winfrey says she weighs 200 pounds
Dec 9 03:22 PM US/Eastern
By CARYN ROUSSEAU

CHICAGO (AP) - An embarrassed Oprah Winfrey says she's "fallen off the wagon" of healthy living and has ballooned to 200 pounds.

In January's "O" magazine, Winfrey, 54, details her recent struggles with an out-of-balance thyroid and how the condition made her develop "a fear of working out." She says she's gained 40 pounds since 2006, when she weighed 160.

"I look at my thinner self and think, `How did I let this happen again?'" the talk-show queen says in the article provided early to The Associated Press by Harpo Productions.

"I'm embarrassed," she says. "I'm mad at myself."

Winfrey's weight and height put her body mass index at 31.8, which is obese, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC says people who are obese are at higher risk for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol.

Winfrey says she's abandoned trying to get thin. She just wants to be strong, healthy and fit. She hopes to get started with her upcoming "Best Life Week," starting Jan. 5 with an episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" during which she is expected to talk candidly about her weight.

Winfrey famously wheeled a wagon loaded with fat onto the set of her talk show in 1988 to represent a 67-pound weight loss while wearing a pair of size 10 Calvin Klein jeans. She had lost the weight with a liquid protein diet.

"When it comes to maintaining my health I didn't just fall off the wagon. I let the wagon fall on me," the chairwoman of Harpo Inc. writes. "I didn't follow my own fundamental rule of taking care of self first."

In 2005, Winfrey said she starved herself for four months to lose weight. Ever since, her weight has yo-yoed. She weighed as much as 237 pounds and by late 1990 acknowledged she had regained most of the 67 pounds, saying "I'll never diet again."

In 1994, she finished the Marine Corps Marathon and by 1996 hired personal trainer Bob Greene, saying her roller-coaster weight saga was over.

But now, Winfrey finds herself tipping the scales again, telling AP Television last week that she has yet to choose a gown for President-elect Barack Obama's inaugural ball next month.

"I had a dress on the vision board, but I'm not sure that's gonna fit," Winfrey said. "So I have to work on something else."
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: o Reply with quote

i hate O. Heres a joke, you know why they had to name her magizene O... Its because the copyrights for HO were already taken. HA HA HA i kill my self with that one every time!
cuzzin_elias

votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: o Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
i hate O. Heres a joke, you know why they had to name her magizene O... Its because the copyrights for HO were already taken. HA HA HA i kill my self with that one every time!

Why do you hate her? Seems like a decent person to me
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: o Reply with quote

in the U.S. election she clearly came out in support of obama, ok thats great. But then about a week or two later when she was asked something to do with clinton she said "oh I don't like to get involved in politics". After that she just struck me as one of those stars who one week say something and the next say the oppisite. Just like a big phony (she reminds me of my arch enemey, David sasuki, who is the biggist phony is the univerce).
teenagetory

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, oprah is a phony and a bit of a ditz.
although rusty, you're starting to sound like a certain character in catcher in the rye :wink:
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: really Reply with quote

seriosly who? i have not read the book so youll have to explain. or just give me a name.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oprah's a think tank? I must admit, I'm inclined to think of her empire as a cult of personality more than anything else.
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect O for her ability to put her name and money to several very deserving charities.

Her ability to galvanize the self absorbed off the couch.

Apart from that I.......I got nuthin.
Darth Vader

Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opra is a talk show host, one of the better ones but still a talk show personality. She does put her money where her mouth is ,which in my opinion puts her one notch above the rest.

Jump to: