Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Conservative

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Bias on CBC's "The National" Dec. 3 Reply with quote

Bias on CBC's "The National" Dec. 3

I thought I would point out some evidence of bias at the CBC I found on tonights broadcast of "The National."
In a segment starting at 35:00 minutes into the broadcast, CBC regional reporters went out across Canada to engage the opinions of "average" Canadians opinions about the current parliamentary crisis, and the prospects for coalition government.

Where I found bias was when the CBC went to Halifax, and CBC reporter Darrow McIntyre reported (41:10 min) from a meeting of the Nova Scotia Environmental Network (NSEN).

Two concerns arose for me here. First, this is a far-left organization.
Second, and most glaring, was that he twice interviewed Tamara Lorencz (43:13 and 43:52 min), Executive Director of NSEN, who also happened to be the NDP candidate for Halifax West in the most recent federal election in October (see web-link, http://www.tamaralorincz.ca/). I found this to be highly misleading to Canadian viewers because not once did it mention that she was a Candidate for the NDP.

To me, this does not seem to be a fair and balanced reporting of "average" Canadian's viewpoints on this matter, and also an abuse of the trust of Canadian taxpayers.
[/b]
Dave Conservative

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Long evidence of Bias at CBC Reply with quote

One concerned with a pattern of bias at the CBC might also want to check out this book for reading:
Sins of Omission: Shaping News at CBC TV , (1994), by Barry Cooper, Toronto: University of Toronto Press.

It examines the CBC's slanted coverage during the 1980s of the Cold War, USSR, and Communist regimes in Africa.

I think many will find this interesting

Jump to: