Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: How will the elections work? Reply with quote

Perhaps this is a silly question, but I have been searching The Google, and for the life of me I cannot find an answer.

How is the Liberal leadership election going to work?

Will it be like the most recent Conservative Leadership Election where you will have a ballot with choices and should your hopeful drop out it will move down to the second name on the ballot or

will one vote will be cast, and that vote stays with whomever its for, and that person can move that support over to whomever they want once they drop out.
palomino_pony

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read how this works in the paper (Vancouver Sun?) a while back... I can't find a link, but Wikepedia has a good explanation:
Quote:
At the convention, the first ballot by elected delegates is pre-set according by proportional representation according to the amount of support each leadership candidate received at the delegate selection meeting (i.e., the "leadership portion" of the ballot cast at riding association or club meetings), even if the delegate has personally expressed support for another candidate. Ex-officio delegates can vote however they wish and it is only they who will cast ballots initially. If there is a second ballot (i.e., if no leadership candidate receives over 50% of the vote on the first ballot), all delegates will be free to vote according to their personal preference.

[url]/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Party_of_Canada_leadership_convention,_2006#Rules[/url]
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: How will the elections work? Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:

How is the Liberal leadership election going to work?

Basically each candidate will bring in their brown envelopes... whoever's is heaviest with tax payer dollars is the winner and new dictator of the Liberal Party of Canada.

Thanks for the question!

:wink:
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's simple to conclude that 30,000 Liberal Party members will elect thier leader but by election time we won't be able to chose our Prime Minister. In other words what ever party wins the leader runs the show in Canada's semi democracy structure.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

Jump to: