Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Mac wrote:
biggie wrote:
I suspect you'll see a lot of this in the first while... and the libs will make sure 12-15 members are "sick", so they can vote against it while allowing it to pass.

The one advantage of the stronger minority (from the Liberal perspective) is they don't have to march as many people out to avoid defeating the government. They can afford to leave most of their people in and let them vote against the government... although I'm sure they'll count noses very carefully to be sure to keep the government alive.

-Mac

It would be funny if the Liberals thought they had their math correct and then a few Conservatives don't show up. There will be some extended trips to the bathroom for some Liberals :)

LOL.
Blue Meanie

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaver wrote:
Craig wrote:
Mac wrote:
biggie wrote:
I suspect you'll see a lot of this in the first while... and the libs will make sure 12-15 members are "sick", so they can vote against it while allowing it to pass.

The one advantage of the stronger minority (from the Liberal perspective) is they don't have to march as many people out to avoid defeating the government. They can afford to leave most of their people in and let them vote against the government... although I'm sure they'll count noses very carefully to be sure to keep the government alive.

-Mac

It would be funny if the Liberals thought they had their math correct and then a few Conservatives don't show up. There will be some extended trips to the bathroom for some Liberals :)

LOL.

+2! :lol:
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Cherniak.
hatrock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if Gerard Kennedy shot up the middle and won like Dion did?

Then it comes down to, are Canadians familiar enough with him? I don't think so, but there'd be no mud to throw at him directly, rather than just the Liberal brand like they did in 2005/6.
marklar

Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hatrock wrote:

Then it comes down to, are Canadians familiar enough with him? I don't think so, but there'd be no mud to throw at him directly, rather than just the Liberal brand like they did in 2005/6.

Nah, his support is likely quite weak these days. After all it was his decision to support Dion with his delegates and we all know how well that turned out. Doubt he'll even run again.
hatrock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marklar wrote:
hatrock wrote:

Nah, his support is likely quite weak these days. After all it was his decision to support Dion with his delegates and we all know how well that turned out. Doubt he'll even run again.

Then he's the perfect "compromise" candidate no?
marklar

Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that's a good point, we all know how well Harper did against the last 'compromise candidate'.
JDot

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who would be best for the CPC to go againts. But I do know this, I would like to give Bob Rae the screws in an election. I find him to be so smug, and everytime I see Bobby Boy on TV do that stupid chuckle I want to jump threw the TV.

Plus I think the CPC would sweep ontario with Bob at the healm of the LPC. The only problem is the PPG love Bobby boy, and they would defend him till the death.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: