Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TorontoCon

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: John Tory needs to start doing his job Reply with quote

I'm personally sick and tired of hearing this feud between Flaherty and McGuinty. While I totally agree with Flaherty, I think he needs to shut his pie hole and let John Tory do the talking.

Tory is the guy that SHOULD be taking the lead here a official opposition in Ontario. I'm sure he agrees completely with the "federal Conservative" message.

Why the hell can't Tory speak for himself??

Why does Flaherty have to do Tory's job for him??

This bitter Flaherty/McGuinty arguement is only ticking off SWING VOTE Ontarians and it might take away some Conservative votes in the next federal election.

Please Flaherty. I know you were finance minister for Ontario once upon a time but you aren't anymore. In the future, consult with John Tory if you have a message. Nothing good can come of this feud.

GET YOUR MESSAGE ACROSS BY SPEAKING THROUGH JOHN TORY!

I haven't seen Tory's face on TV YET! and the budget is coming down very soon. What's with that?
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the Ontario economy is in the crapper, Flaherty can say "I told you so" and thus make McGuinty look like an even bigger idiot than he already is.
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaherty is doing this:

1) to drive home the theme that Liberals can't handle economies and that the federal Liberals are too much of a risk to take

2) damage Bob Rae and the federal Libs by reminding Ontario voters what it was like the last time the economy bad; when Rae was in charge

Besides, the media is making a big deal about how unprecedented it is for the finance minister to comment on a provincial budget, but I seem to recall McGuinty was pretty free with his comments on the federal budgets...
TorontoCon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed but like I said, why the heck can't John Tory speak up??
hamiltonguyo

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TorontoCon wrote:
Agreed but like I said, why the heck can't John Tory speak up??

He has been? He even did a full page editorial in the Post attacking McSquinty.

But the media gives all the attention to Jim because while attacking McGuinty helps Tory is doesn't help the CPC.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who do you think is going to take Tory's job once he gets the boot?

Flaherty's postioning the Libs for a fall if the economy sinks and he is positioning himself as a pretty effective opposition leader.

Harpers going nowhere. Next best thing is Premier of Ontario. Can you imagine. Those two will have this country purring like a kitten.
TorontoCon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D I like your thinking!
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the time to start doing his job during the recent Ontario provincial election? He didn't do it then, what reason is there to expect him to do it now? Bottom line, there is no effective opposition to Dalton Mcguinty in Ontario. Mcguinty will winn easy majorities until this situation is rectified.
TealTories

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: John Tory needs to start doing his job Reply with quote

TorontoCon wrote:
I'm personally sick and tired of hearing this feud between Flaherty and McGuinty. While I totally agree with Flaherty, I think he needs to shut his pie hole and let John Tory do the talking.

Tory is the guy that SHOULD be taking the lead here a official opposition in Ontario. I'm sure he agrees completely with the "federal Conservative" message.

Why the hell can't Tory speak for himself??

Why does Flaherty have to do Tory's job for him??

This bitter Flaherty/McGuinty arguement is only ticking off SWING VOTE Ontarians and it might take away some Conservative votes in the next federal election.

Please Flaherty. I know you were finance minister for Ontario once upon a time but you aren't anymore. In the future, consult with John Tory if you have a message. Nothing good can come of this feud.

GET YOUR MESSAGE ACROSS BY SPEAKING THROUGH JOHN TORY!

I haven't seen Tory's face on TV YET! and the budget is coming down very soon. What's with that?

Agreed!!!
Jason Kauppinen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't support an OPC leader who doesn't know the difference between French and Spanish.

Someone could say that John Tory is as incompetant as Jimmy Carter--but Jimmy Carter could actually win elections.
RDoyle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree I mean I like John. I have met John a few times (with being on Municipal Council and the fact I will be running for the PC in the Kenora Riding and having his backing is HUGE) He is VERY well spoken and I have no idea why he isn't getting out there and making his voice heard.
bluecollarguy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheres he been during this election. Why is he not helping the CPC in Ontario. Maybe Cool knows the protocol for such help from provincial political parties. Are the Ontario PC's helping the CPC?

Last edited by mrsocko on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Panther Sphere

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Tory needs to be dumped.
Willg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panther Sphere wrote:
John Tory needs to be dumped.

I am increasingly coming to that conclusion. At the very least, he needs to get a seat in the Legislature, although I keep hearing that no one in the PC caucus will step down for him.

Jump to: