Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the big crop these days seems to be that special ethanol variety of wheat, lots of guys around my Dad's place planted that last year, it yields very well apparently. Also, everyone sprays.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys know anybody doing anything with cellulosic ethanol? Seems like it has a lot of potential, but I guess the biggest problem is the weight to sugar ratio.
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to Craig's original post. Sun spot activity has historically preceded tempature fluctuation while carbon levels have followed tempature fluctuation. So according to sunspot activity predictions we are entering a mini ice age which will culminate in 2030 give or take a few years. I know that we have had the mildest spring and summer temps here in Bible belt USA and my brother, who works at a mid mountain lodge in Park City Utah, had the best winter on record in decades. My parents who live in Montana had a nice cold winter with snowpack like they had not seen since the 80's. The most compassionate thing we can do is pump as much carbon into the atmoshpere as possible for the next several decades. If we do not, many third world countries will be unable to grow crops with dropping tempatures and they will starve. From all of the scientific evidence I have seen in this debate, sun spot activity being the major factor in global tempature change makes the most sense. While carbon levels do have a small affect on the enviroment and global tempature they are not the driving factor and nature will have its way.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Australian Reseachers Warn of Global Cooling

Quote:
...the level of activity on the Sun will significantly diminish sometime in the next decade and remain low for about 20 - 30 years."

According to Wilson, the result is a strong, rapid pulse of global cooling, "On each occasion that the Sun has done this in the past the World’s mean temperature has dropped by ~ 1 - 2 C."

[b]A 2 C drop would be twice as large as all the warming the earth has experienced since the start of the industrial era[b], and would be significant enough to impact global agriculture output.

In the finest capitalist traditions, I've been setting myself up to profit by betting all my liberal friends that next winter will be the coldest we've seen here in years. If Al Gore is gonna profit from the AGW fad, I might as well too.
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I am considering selling ice credits for those who are producing too much ice by being alive during this cooling period. I have not firgured out how to make it their fault yet but if we can blame humans for warming, a natural phenomenon, then why can I not balme them for cooling somehow. This is the new wave of indulgences, why not make a buck?
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have not firgured out how to make it their fault yet but if we can blame humans for warming, a natural phenomenon, then why can I not balme them for cooling somehow.

It's too bad the Ozone hole has been fixed. You could have said that all the heat is escaping thru it.
eveable

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ozone hole will be the biggest yet this year. After banning freon, the answer comes out...the cosmic rays cause the ozone hole and as we are in a solar minimum there are lots of cosmic rays. One more case of the environmentalists jumping the gun...wait till science figures things out please befor you go banning things or taxing things.
Sean McAllister

Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following the sunspot story for a couple of months now. makes more sense to me than anything Ive heard from the greens or libs.
eveable

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you have seen the scary predictions of the planet's future temperatures. Damn, we didn't even get to the planet temperatures of the Medival warm period. This year is the coldest in my life span. I had to turn the furnace on in July for a bit and then again in August for a bit. Turned it on in Sept for good and I only turned it off at the end of June. And we are looking at more cooling.

I am moving to Mexico.
Sean McAllister

Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Dion, Gore, And Suzuki have been making billions on global warming.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: