Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy Kat wrote:
Regarding top and bottom stuff..sorry don't swing that way. But here is an intresting observation from many years on forums...when they start with the gay stuff you know you got them licked and screaming "he's gay" etc. is usually what happens when they iz owned. :wink:

One more thing. Top/bottom refers to dominance. The bottom in such a relationship enjoys sexual humiliation. Humiliation being the operative word here. As far as the sex goes, it can be straight, gay or whatever. Sorry to gross you all out with that, but Buddy needed some clarification. I don't know what issues he has there, and I don't care.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case any of you don't remember:

Parrish ejected from caucus for insulting Paul Martin.
Dejarlais ejected form caucus for voting against SSM.
Nunziata ejected form caucus for voting against Chretien's first budget, which did not scrap the GST. As some of you may recall, Sheila Copps pulled the expensive "resign and run again immediately" trick on that issue as well.

I don't know who else Chretien ejected from caucus, but I am sure that in his decade and more as leader, there had to be more than one.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points, kwlafayette. It's interesting to note that Nunziata subsequently ran as an independent after being ejected for standing by his principles... and won...

I still think there's more to this story. I guess I'll have to wait for Garth's tell-all book.

-Mac
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen got a direct plug in today's Calgary Sun for his efforts in exposing some of Turner's past missteps:

Turner crossed line

Quote:
...But, while most media found no examples of such breaches — though there were dozens of examples of cutting criticism of his own party — an Internet blogger found just such an example, only problem is, Turner tried to hide it by changing the original entry.
Blogger Stephen Taylor (www.stephentaylor.ca) notes the original version reads: “It wasn’t too long ago that Indian Affairs Minister Jim Prentice took the podium in national caucus to brief people on the soon-to-be announced settlement for aboriginal people victimized by their residential schools experience....
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Good points, kwlafayette. It's interesting to note that Nunziata subsequently ran as an independent after being ejected for standing by his principles... and won...

I still think there's more to this story. I guess I'll have to wait for Garth's tell-all book.

-Mac

Yeah, you don't need to be Nostradamus to see a tell all book in the future. I am pretty disappointed in Garth Turner. I thought he had good ideas about taxes and fairness, and I thought he was having some success promoting them internally in the government. What will happen to income splitting now? He has to ask himself what is more important. Being in the paper every day, or being there when government policy is fleshed out.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on squawk radio suggested Turner was disaffected because he figured he'd be a shoe-in for a cabinet post and this whole maverick thing was the result. I don't know whether that's true or not but I think it would be hard to sustain his kind of behaviour based on being overlooked.

Ah well... the book will be a good read, no doubt. Garth does have a way with words. I'm disappointed he won't be in a position to influence the Conservatives because, despite all the rhetoric, Garth is still a fiscal conservative who really believes passionately in lower taxes and smaller government so he's not all bad!!

-Mac
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know who got the sour grapes or what, but it appears that Garth is still pushing his tax agenda, and may be having success.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/200.....nsions_col

Quote:
OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty hinted on Tuesday that his next budget is unlikely to contain plans to allow retired couples to split their pension income to save on taxes, but said it was a worthy cause.
IsleofBarra

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Your 15 minutes are up Reply with quote

Okay Garth-man, your 15 minutes are up so get off the stage and give somebody else their chance.

Honestly, garth-mans' incessant whining labels him as just another middle-aged bore. garth, I am banishing you to the doghouse with bess until you learn some table manners. Only then will I consider letting you sleep inside the house.....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

Jump to: