Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

how long have people been around?
100,000 years
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
10,000 years
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
whatever the bible says
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
truth4freedom wrote:
I had the opportunity to hear Ken Ham when I was young and his lecture was the first that made sense to me. After really spending time researching I was amazed at the pure rhetoric and lack of science existing within Darwinist circles.

It amazes me that out of everything in the scientific community, you agree with all science but disregard carbon dating as false. I do believe Darwin was a religious man.

What does carbon dating have to do with our Friend Darwin?The technique of radiocarbon dating was developed by Willard Libby and his colleagues at the University of Chicago in 1949. Darwin kicked the evolutionary bucket in 1882.

As for his religious views he actually went to a Church of England school, then at Cambridge studied Anglican theology to become a clergyman. He was initially convinced by William Paley’s teleological argument that design in nature proved the existence of God.
Over time during the formulation of his theory and the resulting fall out he with drew from the church and categorized himself as an agnostic. He felt he could not reconcile his scientific experience with the God he found in the bible. Apparently he found the icky/cruelty factor of a bug species that implanted it's eggs in a live Caterpillar and then the larva consumed the live host Caterpillar too much. Obviously a guy with a wimpy tummy for a scientific life. He also got really PO'd at GOD when some of children got sick or passed on. Not an unusual experience I would think.......

He flatly denied he was ever an atheist.

If being an agnostic makes you a religious man....
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
It amazes me that out of everything in the scientific community, you agree with all science but disregard carbon dating as false. I do believe Darwin was a religious man.

I never said I disagree with carbon dating. I stated it confirms the Biblical flood and young earth theory, not a millions or billions of year old earth.

Darwin was religious and in fact attended seminary as a young man. Only after some disheartening experiences with the church did he fall away.
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
The world was created by God on Saturday, October 9, 4004 BC. Those who are not Christian fundamentalists such as myself may find that the dates and manner in which the earth was created are irrelevant. To myself, however, altering these events is akin to discrediting the entire Bible and the gospel, which cannot be done by any individual.

Um, yeah you did.
paisley_cross

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
truth4freedom wrote:
The world was created by God on Saturday, October 9, 4004 BC. Those who are not Christian fundamentalists such as myself may find that the dates and manner in which the earth was created are irrelevant. To myself, however, altering these events is akin to discrediting the entire Bible and the gospel, which cannot be done by any individual.

Um, yeah you did.

Is the world flat?

I'm not trying to be funny but I was out in the car earlier and they had a tape of an interview given by an actress (whose name I didn't catch) who described herself as a "born-again" Christian and she said the earth is flat.

I didn't realize the issue was in dispute anymore.
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
truth4freedom wrote:

Um, yeah you did.

So what does this have to do with carbon dating. Carbon dating supports the theory that the earth is only 6,000 to 10,000 years old. It does not support a time of 60,000 years as Darwinists manipulate data to assert. I posted a link in my response to Craig that addresses this issue. You have a really annoying habit of taking thinks way out of context and not reading posted materials or links.

Last edited by truth4freedom on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paisley_cross wrote:
Is the world flat?

I'm not trying to be funny but I was out in the car earlier and they had a tape of an interview given by an actress (whose name I didn't catch) who described herself as a "born-again" Christian and she said the earth is flat.

It is not. Why do you resort to using such a blatant fallacy instead of arguing an intelligent and well sourced point?
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is not. Why do you resort to using such a blatant fallacy instead of arguing an intelligent and well sourced point?

I would be very interested if you could how creation is traced back to the date Oct 9 4004 B.C. I always thought there was some lee way, especially between 1st and 2nd Genesis where some scholars argue there was a disruption of the creation story.
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
I would be very interested if you could how creation is traced back to the date Oct 9 4004 B.C. I always thought there was some lee way, especially between 1st and 2nd Genesis where some scholars argue there was a disruption of the creation story.

The Biblical genealogies are used for anything predating other historically viable texts. Archeological discoveries continue to confirm their accuracy. After written word became prevalent other historical texts are used in conjunction with the Bible. Refer to the first post of this thread to read how this date was pinpointed. Ussher and his Annals were considered a must read for anyone of knowlege for hundereds of years. They have not been refuted to date. That lee way you refer to is a lame attempt at trying to reconcile Darwinian evolution with the Bible based on an out of contect reference to a day being as a thousand years to the Lord.
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
paisley_cross wrote:
Is the world flat?

So we can agree then? The earth is round!
Ussher wrote his Annals prior to any discovery of dinosaurs.
paisley_cross

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
truth4freedom wrote:
paisley_cross wrote:
Is the world flat?

I never had any doubts otherwise I would never travelled anywhere. :D

I thought it was interesting that somewhere there is a religious group that is still hanging on to the flat earth theory.

Of course, with 6000 religions in the world there is likely to be a pretty diverse opinion on issues.
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:

No one was debating that. Listen, I enjoy a good intelligent debate so you are one post away from landing on my ignore list. Life is too short. :roll:
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paisley_cross wrote:
I thought it was interesting that somewhere there is a religious group that is still hanging on to the flat earth theory.

Sigh. Again, the fallacy. Strike two for you. I have yet to meet one born again follower of Yeshua who claims the earth is flat.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  

Jump to: