Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
torian

Reputation: 42.2Reputation: 42.2Reputation: 42.2Reputation: 42.2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: method to their madness? Reply with quote

or just REALLY bad timing re: garth ouster/leaked enviro plan/polling numbers?
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: method to their madness? Reply with quote

torian wrote:
or just REALLY bad timing re: garth ouster/leaked enviro plan/polling numbers?

I would rather Garth have got the boot now, rather then pulling a Paul Martin and waiting for him to embarass the party on a more national level (IE Parrish)

The leaked Enviro plan is not a big deal at all, Jack Layton could have written the thing and he would still be bashing it the NDP crying about the Enviroment has generally become a blur, because they are always complaining about something, its to a point where Jack Layton is starting to sound like Charlie Browns mom every time he speaks.

As for the polls, I really couldn't be less alarmed at this point. The Liberals basically have four leaders right now, something for everyone. When the smoke settles some of the "Orange Liberals" who supported Mr. Kennedy......Kennedy will filter back elsewhere as well some of the Red Tories that had to hold their nose when the voted Harper in 2006.

Once the Liberals have a leader and most voters can make the choice based upon who is leader rather then who could be leader then we can start worrying about Polls.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: method to their madness? Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
The leaked Enviro plan is not a big deal at all, Jack Layton could have written the thing and he would still be bashing it the NDP crying about the Enviroment has generally become a blur, because they are always complaining about something, its to a point where Jack Layton is starting to sound like Charlie Browns mom every time he speaks.

Hahaha, Someone I know who voted NDP last election because she was rather uneducated on the political scene told me last night that she couldn't believe she voted for the NDP. She went on for about 10 minutes about how angry she was about Jack Layton. She's a CPC convert (although it was the gay marriage issue and the fear of a roll-back on abortion that had her vote NDP, otherwise she's an economic conservative)

Refreshing to see that some people are coming around..

----
Sources have claimed he was told in the summer that he needed to tone down the blogging. He ignored it, and we're heading into a pretty crucial period in this government's rule. To leave a dissenter in the party would make the party look weak, and Canadians want a strong government. I think it was great timing - if he goes green then many will discount anything he says just because he's green. If he sits as an independent his voice will go unheard for the most part. They've stifled him regardless, and he set himself up so there's little anyone can/will say about it.
torian

Reputation: 42.2Reputation: 42.2Reputation: 42.2Reputation: 42.2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okey...thanks guys for calming my nerves.
It's just that I feel like I finally have a govt that speaks for ME. I loved Mulroney, loved Harris, and I love Harper. The idea that Canadians would re-elect a bunch of theives is incomprehensible to me.
Of course, the MSM is having a field day with these things, and that peeves me off to no end.

tori
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

torian wrote:
It's just that I feel like I finally have a govt that speaks for ME. I loved Mulroney, loved Harris, and I love Harper. The idea that Canadians would re-elect a bunch of theives is incomprehensible to me.
Of course, the MSM is having a field day with these things, and that peeves me off to no end.

tori

I would not worry all that much,
Just sit back and hope for a Bob Rae Victory in December and we will be sitting pretty.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beginning to think an Iggy victory would be better. Rae Liberals, there is a clear difference with the Harper led CPC; a reason to vote one way or the other. With Iggy led Liberals, really the choice would look like CPC, or CPC lite.

A lot of Iggy's policies look like CPC policies, just not as good. I actually don't know why he decided to go Liberal, apart from the past electoral performance.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

torian wrote:

tori

You're echoing my feelings exact... although I am not worried, I still feel sometimes like its inevitable that Canada will give up the one good government we've had in ages(I think this gov't is much better than Mulroney's)... All we can do is stay vigilant, keep ourselves educated and make the left look like idiots on a near constant basis. lol... Keep fighting the good fight - at least some people will see the light... (It's my experience that MOST people are pretty centrist, and those are the people we need to educate on conservativism and what it means... ignore the far left, their crazy ramblings will only stop when their hearts do.)

Jump to: