Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: "celibate" = "moral"? Reply with quote

Just wondering if people could give me a reason why it is more moral not to have premarital sex than to have premarital sex. (I posted this in the ethics fourm so Im hoping people can come up with more than religious reasons)
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called "shopliftin the booty". In other words takin what ain't yours. Make a commitment and screw your life away. Although they did a study of what causes woman to lose there sexual desire and the #1 cause was wedding cake.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a sign of strength and conviction. Giving in to every impulse is a sign of weakness.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without using religion as your moral compass, then it would be harder to make a moral statement, since philosophy and morality have always gone hand in hand with religion. Look at a lot of the early philosophers who were religious.
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have hated to wait for my wedding day to find out that we were sexually incompatible.
Wallace

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marriage is just a contract, and I endorse all consensual contracts. I really see nothing wrong with monogamy, polygamy and prostitution. I think people should be able to revise marriage contracts however they like, I could see a marriage contract that has to be renewed every 10 years or it becomes invalid as a good option for some people. And I see nothing wrong with the same sorts of relationships forming without the contract to back it up.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
I would have hated to wait for my wedding day to find out that we were sexually incompatible.
Any two people, one with a vagina and one with a penis, are capable of having sexual intercourse. Any human male from anywhere on the planet is capable of sexual intercourse with any human female anywhere on the planet. I do not understand how a man and a woman can be incompatible sexually. Heck, some people would argue that sexual compatibility crosses species boundaries.
crazymamma

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:

I'm thinking somewhere along the courtship you could figure out if you enjoy/love/thrill/nauseate/shiver/Nada/feel repulsion at someones touch without actually inserting part A into slot B.

Are you going to tell me if he was a tad clumsy you would dump your otherwise perfect mate? Over something that you could explore and refine together? If he's got part A and wants your Slot B he's motivated to fulfill/adjust to your needs.
crazymamma

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace wrote:
Marriage is just a contract, and I endorse all consensual contracts. I really see nothing wrong with monogamy, polygamy and prostitution. I think people should be able to revise marriage contracts however they like, I could see a marriage contract that has to be renewed every 10 years or it becomes invalid as a good option for some people. And I see nothing wrong with the same sorts of relationships forming without the contract to back it up.

Good luck finding a quality woman that will swallow that!
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:

Bah - if size is your concern there is nothing wrong with seeing the other person naked before marriage or even heavy petting (IMHO) :)
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question, F-L and my answer is a bit less monochromatic...

My answer is: the basic assumption of the question is flawed. The morality of premarital sex depends on one's culture.

In some cultures, premarital sex isn't considered a moral issue whatsoever. This is particularly true of matriarchal societies but also in numerous others. For those cultures, premarital sex isn't immoral whatsoever and abstinence could represent a barrier to marriage.

-Mac
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamma wrote
Quote:
I'm thinking somewhere along the courtship you could figure out if you enjoy/love/thrill/nauseate/shiver/Nada/feel repulsion at someones touch without actually inserting part A into slot B.

Ever see the "Crying Game" :P

Jump to: