Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBG

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Three Little Piggies Now Anti- __________ Hate Reply with quote

Apparently, Three Little Piggies is not politically correct (link). One wonders why the same "sensitivity" wasn't shown towards Jews? Perhaps because Jews only rarely riot or kill people indiscriminately. Excerpts below:

Little Red Riding Hood ... Hansel and Gretel ... the Three Little Puppies?

That's what one British school renamed the traditional Three Little Pigs story for a school play, so as not to offend Muslims in the community, London's Daily Mail reported.

Organizers of the children's musical theater performance changed the lyrics' character's names in a move some including Muslims are saying went too far.

"The vast majority of Muslims have no problem whatsoever with the Three Little Pigs. It's always been the traditional way of telling the story and I don't see why that should be changed," Shaykh Ibrahim Mogra from the Muslim Council of Britain told the Daily Mail, saying the name change was "bizarre."

Gill Goodswen, head teacher of Stile Common Junior School, defending the move.

She said: "We have to be sensitive if we want to be multicultural. It was felt it would be more responsible not to use the three little pigs."

(Story continues below) (link to full story)
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

I raise your three little pigs and add some construction workers to make a full house of Britain gone Politically correctly insane.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_.....204635.stm

"A story based on the Three Little Pigs has been turned down from a government agency's annual awards because the subject matter could offend Muslims. ""The judges also attacked Three Little Cowboy Builders for offending builders."

"They also warned that the story might "alienate parts of the workforce (building trade)". The judges criticised the stereotyping in the story of the unfortunate pigs: "Is it true that all builders are cowboys, builders get their work blown down, and builders are like pigs?"

Are you freaking kidding me?

Apparently not.

I no longer wonder why folks are screaming, or pouring out of the UK, it is drowning in a sea of Political Correctness that one could easily be mistaken for a MONTY PYTHON skit. It would be ever so funny if only it weren't true.
JBG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma wrote:
I no longer wonder why folks are screaming, or pouring out of the UK, it is drowning in a sea of Political Correctness that one could easily be mistaken for a MONTY PYTHON skit. It would be ever so funny if only it weren't true.

I'll raise you. Around Chirstmas, a widely circulating e-mail shows an ejaculating snowman. Frankly, it is hilarious. It is also the subject of a multi-million lawsuit in the United States where the Plaintiff, an employee of one of the thousands circulating this snowman, is "offering to settle" for $600,000 or more.

What strikes me strange in the "Three Little Piggies" episode is that the Jews have identical dietary laws relating to pigs and no one thought to be "sensitive" to the Jews' "hurt feelings" since Jews go about their business, work and don't as a matter of general practice butcher people.
crazymamma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBG wrote:

What strikes me strange in the "Three Little Piggies" episode is that the Jews have identical dietary laws relating to pigs and no one thought to be "sensitive" to the Jews' "hurt feelings" since Jews go about their business, work and don't as a matter of general practice butcher people.

Sorry I can't comment as I have a bias against hunting that is not for the express purpose of putting food on the table. I think it's a tragic waste of resources and environmentally incorrect.
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't get is why they chose dogs to replace the pigs? Are dogs not equally unclean under the Islamic religion?
JBG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma wrote:
Sorry I can't comment as I have a bias against hunting that is not for the express purpose of putting food on the table. I think it's a tragic waste of resources and environmentally incorrect.
Sarcasm?
crazymamma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBG wrote:
and don't as a matter of general practice butcher people.

Sadly, Some under represented folks of those downtrodden demographics have used an, how would you say, unfortunate way to illustrate their frustrations with their historic wrongs, be they real or perceived. How fair is it to place upon them our Bourgeois, neavueax riche standards, when we have so many unfortunate events like the above mentioned back in the, what, 1600's? Until we have wiped out all these incidences we need to sit back and shut up as it would just make us hypocrites, right?

Quote:
Sarcasm?

As I have said before "I've been known to be a wee bit of a sarcastic wench", with absolutely no shame.
JBG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma wrote:
JBG wrote:
and don't as a matter of general practice butcher people.

Sadly, Some under represented folks of those downtrodden demographics have used an, how would you say, unfortunate way to illustrate their frustrations with their historic wrongs, be they real or perceived. How fair is it to place upon them our Bourgeois, neavueax riche standards when we have so many unfortunate events like the above mentioned back in the, what, 1600's? Until we have wiped out all these incidences we need to sit back and shut up as it would just make up hypocrites, right?
The bourgeious class exploits and immiserates the proletariate. Mao Tse Tung, Osama bin Ladin, Fidel Castro and Pol Pot are the revolutionary workers' heros helping the working class throw off centuries of oppression.

Mao Mao Mao Tse Tung!!!

crazymamma wrote:
JBG wrote:
Sarcasm?

As I have said before "I've been known to be a wee bit of a sarcastic wench", with absolutely no shame.

I've been known to indulge in some sarcasm, though not in this post.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma wrote:

Tis part of her charm, don'tcha know... :wink:

-Mac
JBG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: More pig grease for the fat fry Reply with quote

Query, will this "offend" certain identifiable people? Link here, excerpts below:

Christian 'infidels' to eat 'Muhammad'
Political TV hosts fed up with PC Islam will devour cookie with face of prophet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: January 24, 2008
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
2008 WorldNetDaily.com

A new, cutting-edge, political TV show will challenge Islam with biting humor tomorrow night, placing the face of the prophet Muhammad onto a cookie and then having it eaten on camera.

"We're going to take a stand and say Muhammad's face is delicious," said Molotov Mitchell, the 28-year-old incendiary creator and host of "Flamethrower," a program described as a low-budget, gritty cross between the "The Daily Show," "The Colbert Report," and "The View" if Ann Coulter were the producer. "This is religious and culinary history in the making."

The theme of this week's episode is "All Things Islam," as panelists take on the faith of Muslims in a no-holds-barred fashion.
Mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: More pig grease for the fat fry Reply with quote

JBG wrote:
Query, will this "offend" certain identifiable people?

Almost guaranteed.... but it looks pretty hilarious to me!!

-Mac
JBG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: More pig grease for the fat fry Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
JBG wrote:
Query, will this "offend" certain identifiable people?

Almost guaranteed.... but it looks pretty hilarious to me!!

-Mac

I wonder if Three Little Piggies will cause Jewish riots or suicide bomb attacks in heavily Jewish areas of Toronto or Montreal.
Mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: More pig grease for the fat fry Reply with quote

JBG wrote:
I wonder if Three Little Piggies will cause Jewish riots or suicide bomb attacks in heavily Jewish areas of Toronto or Montreal.

I hope not... I don't think I could stand the outpouring of anti-western rhetoric which would result...

-Mac
crazymamma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rather funny Youtube on the baking of Mohammed cookies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f7_O9x65E0

I won't be making them, the clean up seems a bit excessive.
donmuntean

Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Three Little Piggies Now Anti- __________ Hate Reply with quote

JBG wrote:
Apparently, Three Little Piggies is not politically correct (link). One wonders why the same "sensitivity" wasn't shown towards Jews? Perhaps because Jews only rarely riot or kill people indiscriminately. Excerpts below:

Little Red Riding Hood ... Hansel and Gretel ... the Three Little Puppies?

That's what one British school renamed the traditional Three Little Pigs story for a school play, so as not to offend Muslims in the community, London's Daily Mail reported.

Organizers of the children's musical theater performance changed the lyrics' character's names in a move some including Muslims are saying went too far.

"The vast majority of Muslims have no problem whatsoever with the Three Little Pigs. It's always been the traditional way of telling the story and I don't see why that should be changed," Shaykh Ibrahim Mogra from the Muslim Council of Britain told the Daily Mail, saying the name change was "bizarre."

Gill Goodswen, head teacher of Stile Common Junior School, defending the move.

She said: "We have to be sensitive if we want to be multicultural. It was felt it would be more responsible not to use the three little pigs."

(Story continues below) (link to full story)

Gill Goodswen is obviously a crank [a whimsically eccentric person]....

Jump to: