Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

As a Christian, I believe:
Homosexuality is a sin
40%
 40%  [ 20 ]
Homosexuality is NOT a sin
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Other
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
I'm not a Christian
24%
 24%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 49

mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sheila wrote:
Quote:
I also noticed neither one of you wanted to answer my question about who is right, the Church or God.

God is right
lorettaw

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac,

Check out the BC Dept. of Ed policy on teaching homosexuality as an alternative lifestyle. They're not the only ones , of course.

You did say that somehow what was considered evil by God in the Old Testament , no longer was in the New Testamant. I referred to the Ten Commandments, reminding you that they still applied, and trying to quickly explain the relevance to homosexual behavior and other sexual sins. I also referred you to an excellent explanation of the scriptural and theological reasons why . It isn't Christian to allow someone to ruin their life by drinking , without trying to point out a different direction. Likewise, only much more so with sin itself. Its not that I am afraid (homophobic) but that I try to love for Christ's sake, everybody. Including homosexuals, or those who may inadvertedly be encouraging their sinful behavior, to their own detriment.

Sin is determined by God - but we are all called to examine ourselves constantly to diminish our instance of it, and to help those around us . This is very difficult if we don't know what it is, if we say God hasn't been clear enough. Following Jesus means trying to be like Him, (yes? )Sinless, and challenging ourselves and each other to reject sin.Sin is an impediment to accepting God's love and the work of the Holy Spirit in us . Sin impedes our ability to accept when Heaven is offered.

That is why I am interested in this topic at all. It is incidentally , whether all believe or not, why this topic is relevant. Unbelievers are reliant upon believers to do their best, popular or not, to turn away society's latest (always something new coming!) attempt at self destruction. Christianity is the ONLY religion where believers are called to look after the eternal welfare of everybody. (Of course, we don't rely on ourselves to do it!)

Gardenia,

Unfortunately, genetics isn't a matter of opinion.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
Hi Craig, did you know that chimpanzees are superior to humans in some skills? Does that mean they are no longer used and experimented on, as the last test of a drug? Somehow you are under the impression that all animals are stupid because they don't go to university. All animals have the ability to learn. What makes you so sure that the animals who kill their weak, aren't doing the most humane thing possible? Ask Robert Latimer about that.

All animals are stupid compared to humans.
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
sheila wrote:
Quote:
I also noticed neither one of you wanted to answer my question about who is right, the Church or God.

God is right

Thank you mrsocko for finally answering my question. That's what I believe too. So does that mean that the Catholic and United Churches are wrong?
mrsocko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thank you mrsocko for finally answering my question. That's what I believe too. So does that mean that the Catholic and United Churches are wrong?

I don't know what the original question was.

I do know that God is in control. Christians believe the scriptures were written by people inspired by God. I believe that to. The Bible nowhere says that homosexual activity is acceptable. It breaks my heart to think of homosexual men and women feeling cut off from God because of what the Bible says. Still I believe it.

So what does a Christian homosexual do. It's easy for heterosexuals to say just stop and become like us. To a gay person who wants to know God it must be like a dagger in the heart to here it.
We have homosexuals in our church. We preach that God is in control. We also believe that God don't make junk. Each person is made in the image of God. We also believe that God performs miracles. We believe that God speaks to people through prophecy. If I were gay I would seek God out and demand an answer to why he made me this way and how my life fits into his plan. I have sought God on many issues from a divorce to a car accident that was my fault in which a friend died. He always answered me. He will answer a Gay person who prays and earnestly seeks him.
lorettaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it has been brought up by Sheila....

God is right. And He was right when He gave us His Church. (and I'm not saying that all Catholics are right or good. Everyone still has free will.) Or only Catholics - God is love and mercy- and He wants us all!
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:

We have homosexuals in our church.

Are they permitted to take communion or hold positions in your church? ie) Sunday school, band, janator, parking attendant....
Just curious!
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urbanmonk wrote:
mrsocko wrote:

Are they permitted to take communion or hold positions in your church? ie) Sunday school, band, janator, parking attendant....
Just curious!

Absolutely not!!!!!

But depending on how they fill out their "interests" part of the questionnaire we will utilize their natural talents like hairdressing, makeup and picking out cloths that look good on people for our missions to old age homes and to help cancer victims feel better about themselves. We are equal opportunity all the way for freebies. :wink: SWSA

Last edited by crazymamma on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrsocko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
urbanmonk wrote:
Quote:
mrsocko wrote:

Just curious!

One of our Pastors was a Guy who came out of that life style got married and had 2 kids. He really struggled at times but is still a pastor somewhere in Asia.

They would be allowed to take communion. As far as having a position, our church is a kind of urban church where there is not alot of permanent staff. Lots of volunteers. Most of the gays that go to or have gone to our church have been hurting people and have not volunteered except to be an usher or collect the offering.
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:

They would be allowed to take communion. As far as having a position, our church is a kind of urban church where there is not alot of permanent staff. Lots of volunteers. Most of the gays that go to or have gone to our church have been hurting people and have not volunteered except to be an usher or collect the offering.

Thats cool, I respect a church that can take a stand and also show Christian love and compassion.
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:
urbanmonk wrote:
Quote:
mrsocko wrote:

Just curious!

One of our Pastors was a Guy who came out of that life style got married and had 2 kids. He really struggled at times but is still a pastor somewhere in Asia.

They would be allowed to take communion. As far as having a position, our church is a kind of urban church where there is not a lot of permanent staff. Lots of volunteers. Most of the gays that go to or have gone to our church have been hurting people and have not volunteered except to be an usher or collect the offering.

Once again I find your church seems very much like mine.

Most new people at church are in a crisis of some form or another, If a church is open and lovingly accepting, then those people tend to stay and allow us into their pain so we can help them. I never understood the idea of TELLING folks what they need to be, look like, act like in order to be accepted. Who wants to be in a place that is condemning/Judgmental. There is plenty of that out there in the so called real world.

Interestingly, my experience to date has been that I learn so many life lessons while trying to help others. Rewards for doing God's works are many and varied.
lorettaw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our church (RC) recieving Communion, the participation in the first and only sacrifice offered by CHrist, Himself, physically and spiritually actually present, is dependant upon the person being 'in Communion' with Christ, which would mean absence of 'original sin' (baptism), and absence of mortal sin- the kind that turns a man's soul away from God. One can't be with Him and against Him at the same time. We are welcome in the church regardless, to receive whatever grace we are able to receive (depending on the ability of our soul to accept it) and are called upon to resolve the difficuties in our lives that separate us from God.
That the Church understands what some of these may be, is not the same as the Church 'deciding'. God clearly set out guidelines so that we would be better able to help ourselves love Him. As CAtholics we believe the Sacraments are a major part of this help, His promised presence. We strive to keep our selves in a state of readiness for Him.

Its not really a matter of judging others, but more a matter of trying to help others free themselves from whatever is separating them from God, whatever in their lives is preventing them from receiving His Grace. Catholics are notorious for NOT prying, and I'm sure many Evangelicals feel the RC's are not trying hard enough to help others reach Heaven, although it is clearly our Christian duty to try our best with what we have. Many Catholics have an abysmal lack of knowledge of their own faith including Scripture(myself included) and therefore are ill equipped.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  

Jump to: