Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Latest Primary Results Reply with quote

McCain has finally surpassed the magic number (1,191 delegates) needed to win the GOP nomination. Huckabee has conceded, and Dr. Paul will likely stay in through the convention. McCain will likely focus on his fundraising issues until a clear Democratic opponent emerges.

On the Democrat side, Hillary won in Ohio, Texas, and Rhode Island; Obama took Vermont. Obama narrowly leads the delegate count 1,443 to Hillary's 1,351 - this contest will go down to the wire, with just over 2,000 delegates required to win.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilary basically making the rest of the Democratic race about "experience" has basically killed the Democrats chances of winning in November,

When I saw the "3AM Red Phone" ad the answer to me was very simple,

In a crisis who has the most experience to deal with it as President?

John McCain.

If my math is corrected he seems to have 5x more experience then both the remaining Democrats combine.

Hilary needs to win the remaining Primaries by double digits, It ain't gonna happen.

So as a final parting shot she has given the GOP the ammo they need to sink the good ship Obama,

The Democrats never seem to learn, for the good of the party should always be more important then for the good of the individual.
Blue Meanie

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
Hilary basically making the rest of the Democratic race about "experience" has basically killed the Democrats chances of winning in November,
John McCain.

While I agree with your logic and conclusion, I'm not so sure that logic will play a role here. The MSM is changing the focus from foreign affairs ( where things seem to be going better in Iraq and Af-stan and 9/11 is a faint memory), to the economy. The U.S. economy is not as strong and will probably get a little weaker before the year is over. The MSM will of course spin this into an "economic crisis" (much like they did when Bush Sr. sought re-election). Since Americans "vote with their pocketbooks" when there is no perceived external threat, it will become "the economy stupid!" , Part II. We all recall how that worked out for the last Clinton seeking the Oval Office. :(
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Meanie wrote:
cosmostein wrote:
John McCain.

While I agree with your logic and conclusion, I'm not so sure that logic will play a role here. The MSM is changing the focus from foreign affairs ( where things seem to be going better in Iraq and Af-stan and 9/11 is a faint memory), to the economy. The U.S. economy is not as strong and will probably get a little weaker before the year is over. The MSM will of course spin this into an "economic crisis" (much like they did when Bush Sr. sought re-election). Since Americans "vote with their pocketbooks" when there is no perceived external threat, it will become "the economy stupid!" , Part II. We all recall how that worked out for the last Clinton seeking the Oval Office. :(

While the MSM may be directing their attention to the Economy, Hiliary's last best hope for the nomination consists of her getting aboard the "experience train" and riding it to the last station.

The only attack that has stuck on Obama that Hilary has use has been "experience", and its with "experience" that she hopes to use to knock off "change"

For the next month and a half (logically till at least Pennsylvania on April 22nd) she will beat the experience horse as long as it continues to work, and the Republicans will continue to harp on the 5x more experience train then either candidate.

The soundbyte of Obama saying "we can't out experience McCain" will follow Clinton's quote of "To be President you need to have the experience on day one"

Its the small and simple things like this that sit in the backs of mind of average voters, (Think Dion and "Its not fair")

While "Its the Economy stupid" may be touted by some historians as the reason that Clinton beat Bush in 1992,

The reality is that it would not have mattered how stupid the economy would have been had Ross Perot not run and basically taken 19,743,821 or 18.9% of the vote, most of which would have clearly gone Republican.

I think that this election will come down to:
Security, Economy, and Experience in equal factors.

And perhaps its just me, but I would rather have John McCain handle all three

Jump to: