Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: US Presidential Odds Reply with quote

It's early but here they are...

HILLARY CLINTON = 3:1

BARACK OBAMA = 7:2

JOHN EDWARDS = 20:1

MITT ROMNEY = 5:1

JOHN McCAIN = 8:1

RUDOLPH GIULIANI = 10:1

MIKE HUCKABEE = 12:1

FRED THOMPSON = 20:1

http://www.iht.com/articles/20.....php?page=2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting! I still think GOP will hold the White House... but the Senate and Congress will be of Dems again
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it but Barack Obama is the only candidate on either side worth getting excited about. Huckabee isn't bad but having a name like "Huckabee" disqualifies you right away...

President Huckabee

Just doesn't sound right.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

President Billary doesn't sound that good either.
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GOP CNN debate tonight should be interesting to watch. It's now down to three....plus the crazy uncle Ron.
I think the format is less moderated this time so the candidates are likely to have a more heated exchange.
Mccain the front runner, who'd a thought!
"True is it that we have seen better days."

CNN LINK
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm leery of publicly mentioning my support, as that seems to guarantee the loss of that particular candidate :P . This is not the most inspiring field, as far as I'm concerned.
Lar_drewstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spose we can strike a couple names off that odds list after today non?
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest Fox News poll shows McCain with a rather commanding lead
Quote:
In the narrowed field, McCain now leads among Republicans with 48 percent, far outdistancing Mitt Romney at 20 percent and Mike Huckabee at 19 percent. Ron Paul receives 5 percent. The number of undecided voters has dropped from 13 percent in December to 5 percent today.

Yikes. I'd be willing to be that almost all of Huckabee's supporters have McCain as their second choice. If these numbers hold through Super Tuesday, McCain is all but guaranteed the nomination.
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the GOP side, it is now mathematically impossible for Huckabee to win the nomination - even if he won every remaining delegate, he wouldn't have enough for victory. John McCain will be the GOP candidate for POTUS in November. Huckabee and Paul are nonetheless fighting all the way. The only question remaining now is who McCain picks as a running mate. Duncan Hunter would be a strong choice, but is unlikely considering McCain's ... issues with the party base.

Obama is gaining more and more 'inevitibility' in the Democratic contest. Because the remaining Dem primaries are proportionate to votes, Hillary must win several states in a row with large margins (30%) to overcome Obama's lead in the delegate count. I'm not aware of any discussion about VP candidates as of yet. I can see a prominent 'blue dog' as a wise choice for either candidate.

I'm predicting (not terribly boldly) a Obama vs McCain contest over the summer of '08. This may prove to be even more devisive than the 2000 election.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
I'm predicting (not terribly boldly) a Obama vs McCain contest over the summer of '08. This may prove to be even more devisive than the 2000 election.

If things keep going as they have, Obama will be limping. Billary isn't playing nice.

-Mac
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:

If things keep going as they have, Obama will be limping. Billary isn't playing nice.

-Mac

Americans still desire a little substance when it comes to their commander in chief.
Obama will have a difficult time winning a general election, hot air will only carry him so far.
At this point I'm still betting on the Clinton's getting the Democratic nomination.
I'm just amazed that the Dems couldn't at least offer a half decent candidate, the next four years would have been theirs.
I think Huckabee would now be the Republican nominee if he had of won South Carolina but at this point I've got $12,000.00 of virtual dollars riding on a McCain/Huck ticket.
http://politicalmarket.cnn.com/markets/8098
Louise M.

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="urbanmonk"]
Mac wrote:

at this point I've got $12,000.00 of virtual dollars riding on a McCain/Huck ticket.
http://politicalmarket.cnn.com/markets/8098

I would like McCain/Romney against Obama/???. I predict a GOP victory in November.

I don't think Americans want to flirt with uncertainty at this time. Age and experience versus emotion and a shot in the dark (no pun intended).
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise M. wrote:
I would like McCain/Romney against Obama/???. I predict a GOP victory in November.

I don't think Americans want to flirt with uncertainty at this time. Age and experience versus emotion and a shot in the dark (no pun intended).

Billary isn't done yet but even if she does manage to out-race (pun intended) Obama, her main source of experience is her husband... and while there's a hardcore group of Dems who would vote for any Clinton anytime, the rest of them remember the Clinton years and aren't eager to repeat the experience or the fallout thereafter.

Although the media and the pundits would like to pretend otherwise, I think the White House will remain under Republican control for at least one more term. Beyond that is up to McCain.

-Mac

Jump to: