Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Another school shooting. Reply with quote

Someone starting shooting on a campus in Illinois. Sounds like the gunman has been killed already. Wonder if he found someone he thought was just another victim, who turned out to be armed? Very short on details.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Wo.....92-ap.html
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me guess. The young lad was on anti-depressants. Which makes people violent. Did you know there is a cure for bi-polar? Developed right in Southern Alberta. It does not control the violence, it stops it completely. Health Canada tried to shut them down, but according to the judge at a Calgary Provincial Court, if they had stopped selling Empowerplus as Health Canada requested, there would have been more people die, and they would have ended up having more serious charges laid against them. Now they are able to sell their concoction of vitamins and supplements which CURES bi-polar. Available at www.truehope.com
(I am not affiliated with this product or company)

Last edited by Sheila on Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A suprising number of mass killings are not influenced by mental illness, but looking at the updated information on this shooting, it may have been a factor. They still don't have a motive, there don't appear to have been warnings, threats, or a note.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
Available at www.truehope.com

Health Canada still seems to disagree with the use of Empowerplus: Click!! I wonder what would motivate H-C to come out so strongly against a product like this?

-Mac
Big Tuna

votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad. I hope they eventually get the hint to revise their policies on who can buy guns.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Tuna wrote:
Very sad. I hope they eventually get the hint to revise their policies on who can buy guns.
Please explain how criminals, who do not obey the law, are going to be impacted by revised laws?
Big Tuna

votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Big Tuna wrote:
Please explain how criminals, who do not obey the law, are going to be impacted by revised laws?

Sure. If it was not so easy for people (and in some of these cases people with a history of mental illness) to purchase a shotgun, a glock, and other weapons used in these shootings these incidents may have been prevented or at the very least not as severe.
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mac"]
Sheila wrote:
Available at www.truehope.com

Health Canada still seems to disagree with the use of Empowerplus: Click!! I wonder what would motivate H-C to come out so strongly against a product like this?

-Mac[/quote

Hi Mac, did you check to see why the 9 people had adverse reactions? They were having adverse reactions because they were still on the anti-depressants. I fired off an email to Health Canada asking them why they did not advise the 9 people to get off the anti-depressants and stay on the empowerplus? They sent back a pathetic, oh but the staff is not medically accredited and they are so positive there were more than 9 people, but you know most of them will not complain. Most of them will not complain? Are they kidding? What a bullshit email. I am not sure these links work anymore:
http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Co.....66563.html
http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Co.....32199.html
http://www.ethicscommittee.ca/.....ids.health
http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Al.....5-sun.html
Health Canada's star witness, Dr. Charles W. Popper, a professor of psychiatry at Harvard University, who testified that Empowerplus could not work, now prescribes it through his practise. What's up with that?
People commit violent crimes while on anti-depressants, that's a fact. How many people commit suicide while on anti-depressants? Lots. Empowerplus had 9 adverse reactions and no deaths? Hmmm. I wonder what would motivate a Provincial Court to rule against Health Canada? "Health Canada officials shockingly acknowledged under oath that even though they knew stopping a vitamin and mineral supplement -- that helps about 10,000 people (as of Aug 2006) with severe mental health issues lead normal lives -- from being sold in Canada could cause deaths, they blindly and callously followed the letter of an outmoded law anyway." Licia Corbella reporter.
I am sorry those links do not work anymore. If you would like a hard copy of the whole story, please send me your fax number by private message.

Last edited by Sheila on Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
Health Canada's star witness, a Dr. Popper, who testified that Empowerplus could not work, now prescribes it through his practise. What's up with that?

Good question. I'd seen something on Empowerplus before (at least I recognized the website when I clicked on your link) but I hadn't looked at it much so I tried to pull up some of the studies. Along with them, I found the H-C warning and a webpage from a "truth in studies" advocacy group which basically accused the study's lead doctor of being deceptive, both in her methodology and her interactions with H-C.

My daughter has ADHD which is being treated with a mild dose of time-release medication (not ridalin) but I'm not a fan of medications so I'm curious about what is purported to be a "natural" solution although pharmaceutical grade mineral supplements isn't truly natural, I suppose. I don't have a fax machine. Perhaps we could start a thread in Lounge to discuss this?

Big Tuna wrote:
Sure. If it was not so easy for people (and in some of these cases people with a history of mental illness) to purchase a shotgun, a glock, and other weapons used in these shootings these incidents may have been prevented or at the very least not as severe.

Illinois has some of the toughest gun control laws in the USA. This incident shows how ineffective those laws truly are.

-Mac
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Tuna wrote:
kwlafayette wrote:
Big Tuna wrote:

Please further explain why the prohibitions on murder and assault did not stop this fellow from committing murder and assault.

Jump to: