Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TorontoCon

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: The National Post Reply with quote

Is it just me but has the Post become more negative towards the Conservatives. By far out of the Post, the Globe and the Star, I always thought the Post was the "least" left leaning.

Anyone else notice the recent SHIFT??
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always felt the Post was fairly well balanced in their reporting which is why I find it bizarre when the leftists creel about it being "hard-core right-wing" only.

Do you have specific articles which you found objectionable or ??

-Mac
dotconservative

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read two opinion pieces regarding Jim Flaherty and the upcoming budget.

They were negative towards Conservatives, but due to the Conservatives lack of conservatism. Truth to power.
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you find anything objectionable, please go to their webstie and send them feedback. I give feedback to the CBC on a daily basis:
What should the liberals do about Afghanistan: Tell your liberal bloggers to read the Manley Report. Judging by your liberal posters, you can certainly tell which ones have read it, none of them.
Denis Coderre: He is nothing more than a puffed up piece of blow fish shit. What a retard, he said today that the troops have been in Afghanistan for 3 years, OMG.
Stockwell Day: Remember during the 2000 election, when you came to Bentley Alberta looking for dirt. But the people of Bentley caught onto your shit, and decided not to play ball. How sad is that, asking 16 year olds to get their parents to go on camera to say bad things about Stockwell Day. Pathetic reporting, that's for sure.
Don Newman: Could you please tell us why the CBC promotes the politcal liberal notion of global warming?
Vince Carlin: Still waiting for your explanation. Are you related to George?
In general: There are more people across this country that are behind PM Stephen Harper, than are behind the CBC.
In general: It's official, you suck.
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're complaining because the post said something negative about the Conservatives? Wow. Even the CBC says negative things about the Liberals once in a while...must be their right-wing bias :lol:
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac
I find when you read a paper you find balanced, its probably tilted in your favour.
The Toronto Star certainly seems balanced to a lot of people. :roll:
When both parties think your biased towards the other party, your probably doing a good job reporting the news.
I havent noticed any change myself.

Anyone ever seen this doc?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYlyb1Bx9Ic
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
You're complaining because the post said something negative about the Conservatives? Wow. Even the CBC says negative things about the Liberals once in a while...must be their right-wing bias :lol:

Yeah, I think the CBC once had a right wing weatherman - but that was before the global warming fad. I think his name was Jordy and he considered running for the Alliance once. I wonder how his resume got past the CBC screeners.
peter_puck

Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: National Post .. Reply with quote

Quote:

I've always felt the Post was fairly well balanced in their reporting which is why I find it bizarre when the leftists creel about it being "hard-core right-wing" only.

Certainly when it came out, it had a very pro reform editorial stance. Conrad Black had a long history of promoting his views through his papers. I have not read it much since he lost control, but without him at the helm, I would imagine it would pull more toward the centre.

Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
Mac
I find when you read a paper you find balanced, its probably tilted in your favour.
The Toronto Star certainly seems balanced to a lot of people. :roll:
When both parties think your biased towards the other party, your probably doing a good job reporting the news.
I havent noticed any change myself.

Anyone ever seen this doc?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYlyb1Bx9Ic

From the Video description:
Quote:
Edward Herman and Noam Chomsky demolish one of the central tenets of our political culture, the idea of the "liberal media."

I watched your video, but I cannot accept Noam Chomsky's word that the media is not slanted towards the left. Noam left any notion of being impartial behind him a long time ago.[/quote]
Mike McB

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think that National Post is some what balanced in its reporting of politics. They have 2 main political correspondents, John Ivison and Don Martin.

John Ivison is more pro right then Don Martin. He will report more favorably for the CPC then Don. I have read the National Post for a few years and I have grown to appreciate the different views that each of the reporters have.

I remember reading in this forum that the Globe and Mail is more balanced then other News organizations (I think QC mentioned this) . Please remember that the editorial staff of the Globe are unionized and that might have some influence on how they report political news. The Toronto Star editorial staff is also unionized. I do not believe that the National Post editorial staff is unionized. CTV is not unionized and I find them kinda more left leaning then the National Post. However, every once in a while there blog section is more full of Conservatives then Liberals or Dippers. I think that when they allow post on a political subjects that they switch up from time to time. They are definitely moderating all posts that are posted for any given political story that they have placed on their site.

I read the The Star, The Globe, National Post, Canada.com, CTV and I use to read the Toronto Sun until it lost all of it's substance.

What I find weird is that CTVglobemedia owns the Globe and Mail and CTV is a much more politically neutral organization then the Globe.
Sheila

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All news media are corporations and have every right to their left or right leaning stance. They answer to their shareholders. But the CBC is publicly funded and as taxpayers, we are the shareholders. That is why I am so hard on them because they have no right to lean anywhere. A true test by a reporter is when you don't know who they will vote for in the next election. That is how I can tell if they are good. I watch Mike Duffy Live on CTV and I watch CPAC (except Dale Goldhawk, pretty obvious who he is going to vote for) for the most unbiased political news.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all about the subscribers. A paper, magazine, can be as left or right wing as it wants to be, as long as they print the stuff that people want to read. If there is no right wing media in Canada, the simple answer is that not enough people want it.
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, all news has to be slanted, the CBC tries to give a Canadian view of things.

Canada is largely a liberal country, we are part of the minority.

Jump to: