Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
winchry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
winchry wrote:
If we can live with the sun we can live with CFLs.

There aren't many doctors who would recommend that fair skinned people spend extended periods unprotected in the sun. Unless you are prepared to wear sun screen while watching TV under the glow of your UV emitting CFLs then your comparison is naive at best.

How about a lamp shade???
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winchry wrote:
Craig wrote:
winchry wrote:
If we can live with the sun we can live with CFLs.

There aren't many doctors who would recommend that fair skinned people spend extended periods unprotected in the sun. Unless you are prepared to wear sun screen while watching TV under the glow of your UV emitting CFLs then your comparison is naive at best.

How about a lamp shade???

Or better yet, how about we acknowledge that CFLs emit dangerous UV light and thereby pressure manufacturers to coat the lights to block 100% of UV light. Most of the CFLs I have in my house are in glass "shades" which effectively block UVB light but not UVA.

Personally, I'm hoping that an LED light will be designed that is full spectrum - UV. That way we can fight the terrorists 10X better than with mercury laced CFLs and mitigate my concerns about UV light.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

winchry wrote:
To stop climate change, and reduce dependance on foreign oil we need to stop fighting progressive measures such as CFLs.

Stopping climate change would be a very bad idea. It's a natural process which was going on long before humans populated the planet and will continue to do on as long as the planet continues to circle the sun.

I don't have a problem with reducing our use of foreign oil and making human activity more efficient and less polluting. If we ceased burning any form of hydrocarbons tomorrow, climate change would continue... just like it did for thousands of years before humans started discovered oil.

-Mac
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

winchry wrote:
To stop climate change, and reduce dependance on foreign oil we need to stop fighting progressive measures such as CFLs. If we can live with the sun we can live with CFLs.

I like how you did that. You know, the part where you make an assertion, then insinuate that in order meet that assertion we must do a separate action. I also like how you threw in the word progressive in such as way as to suggest that those that fight said measure are not progressive. Very good. Have you taken classes in political rhetoric?

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: