Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
As human-induced greenhouse gases rise, global-averaged upper-level atmospheric water vapour and thin cirrus should be expected to decrease not increase.

Funny how he doesn't explain why atmospheric water vapour should decrease rather than increase. Unless someone can give me an explanation for why Le Chatelier's principle would be violated in this case, I am going to continue believing in Le Chatelier's principle rather than believing some unfounded statement.
Quote:
Historically speaking, as temperature rises the amount of vegetation on this planet has increased.

Even if that's true, there is a maximum amount of vegetation that can exist. At best it would slow down global warming, but wouldn't stop it.
Quote:
You have history working against you. If there weren't negative feedback loops the planet would have burned up long ago.

Times change. It's possible that the negative feedback loop is the fact that many animals died off, changing the amount of carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere. But so long as humans aren't killed off by global warming (which, I think we can agree would be a bad thing) we will continue to emit carbon dioxide.
...but hey, if the global warming alarmists are right, maybe humans will die off, carbon dioxide levels will decrease and the earth will return to normal temperature.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
...but hey, if the global warming alarmists are right, maybe humans will die off, carbon dioxide levels will decrease and the earth will return to normal temperature.

If cold-blooded dinosaurs (which can't regulate their own body temperatures) can survive for hundreds of millions of years through temperature swings far greater than what sound climate models predict then I think we will be fine.

One thing that climate models of ALL types fail to account for is human ingenuity. If it starts to get a little too warm for us we will find solutions...
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
One thing that climate models of ALL types fail to account for is human ingenuity. If it starts to get a little too warm for us we will find solutions...

For us in Canada, and other developed nations, yes. But what about the people in third world countries???
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
Craig wrote:

For us in Canada, and other developed nations, yes. But what about the people in third world countries???

Well presumably, if the United States pumped billions of tons of CO2 beneath the ocean floor everyone would benefit. And like most things that happen on this planet, the USA will foot the bill and everyone else will benefit.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For us in Canada, and other developed nations, yes. But what about the people in third world countries

With the billions of dollars we will be sending them through Kyoto They should be caught up to us in greenhouse gas emmissions in 10 years.

Why do we have to baby sit these countries like India and china and give them a break on greenhouse gas. Last Time i looked we had, what 500 years of development on this continent. They have had millenium.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorrie Goldstein's answer to your question, mrsocko...

-Mac
JBG

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Despite the fact that my views almost always line up with the hard left, I am a definite skeptic about any human role in global warming. I think the one area where Gore and Suzuki may have a point, though, is that it is harder to move Toronto or New York City around than a few native hunters, if there is a new Ice Age or Interglacial Period making the Temperate Zone inhospitable.

This would be true whatever the "culprit" is; sunspots, human activity or Pacific Decadal Oscillation.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: