Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Favourite part of the 2006 election Reply with quote

I was talking about this the other day, what was your favourite part of the 2006 election?

Aside from the time I spent campaigning with my local candidate, I would say that the moment that sticks out most in my mind is the Duffy on Duffy incident. I was watching it live and I almost &$^* myself.
mbennett

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Election night :) Im only 18, and at the time of the election i was only 17, so all I can remember is Liberal rule my whole life. The whole night was amazing, when they first annonced a 'predicted' Conservative government, when my MP, Brad Trost, was elected, and my personal Favorite moment....When Anne Mccallum FINALLY lost her seat in Edmonton center and thank God for that!

ddrfreak101.blogspot.com
Steve

Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably campaigning with my candidate - now MP - Rick Dykstra. I'd say election night as well, specifically the point after midnight when we finally took the lead. That was a little more intense than any of us would have liked.

The day when the Liberal attack ads backfired was pretty memorable too, as far as the national campaign went.
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The day when the Liberal attack ads backfired was pretty memorable too, as far as the national campaign went.

Yep, the point when I realized the dreaded attack ads were considered a joke by the media and voters (remember the meme emails?), was pretty sweet.

Personally though,my fav was at local election victory (which actually turned out to be a victory party and not a "victory" party), where after being neck and neck all night, the CBC declared our MP the winner and we eneded 40 years of Liberal rule in my riding.
Buddy Kat

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite part was "Harpers beer and popcorn bribe" offer too Canadains. They bought it hook line and sinker.

Another good part was Harper telling the nation "Canada will NEVER become a super power"....no one told him the future and present suoer powers are based on energy. So much so that even the weapons of the future are energy based.

In his recent speech in the US he did mention Canada is an energy superpower. Of course the intention wasn't to intimidate but to spread Canada's legs for invasion of it's resources. :)
serah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Svend's reaction when he lost. We may have elected a nutter, but at least it wasn't a convicted criminal (pardon me, person who committed a crime, and was simply "not charged")

Disrespecting the Canadian public by claiming we'd rather buy beer than ensure our children are taken care of was classic as well.
biggie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

serah wrote:
Seeing Svend's reaction when he lost. We may have elected a nutter, but at least it wasn't a convicted criminal (pardon me, person who committed a crime, and was simply "not charged")

hahaha, yes - I agree.. I was waiting to see him get elected, I was sure they would bring him in.. I was so relieved to see that there was still SOME sense out there...
CC Scott

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbennett wrote:
and my personal Favorite moment....When Anne Mccallum FINALLY lost her seat in Edmonton center and thank God for that!

ddrfreak101.blogspot.com

That was my favourite moment too. Especially since I had been manning the computer at the Laurie Hawn office all day and got the satisfaction of personally seeing Anne McLellan come into the office and congratulate Laurie for his win. Gold!

Jump to: