Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: University and Ideological Re-education Reply with quote

The University of Delaware has been caught "re-educating" students over political and race, sexuality, sociology, moral philosophy, and environmentalism. This is forcing the views of the university on its student population. It is a shame this has not come to the forefront in Canada, because we all know that if you are a conservative expressing your views, you better be prepared for a fight for your marks when it comes to most of these professors/school administration/student unions.

http://www.thefire.org/index.p.....ec195a82b4
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt any university in canada would teach that all whites are racist. ;)
I recall being the only non liberal in my anthropology classes, that was funny
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sad with what is going on at universities.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty disturbing. I'm glad this doesn't seem to be happening to the same degree in our institutions.
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
That's pretty disturbing. I'm glad this doesn't seem to be happening to the same degree in our institutions.

It's just much more implicit in our institutions (speaking from personal experience). I'm actually surprised we didn't beat the Americans to social engineering of this degree.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
I doubt any university in canada would teach that all whites are racist. ;)
I recall being the only non liberal in my anthropology classes, that was funny
In fact they do. I know second hand, I curl with a student who took one of those kinds of classes last year.

The gist is, only privileged people can be racist. Anyone who is not in the privileged class cannot be a racist, or do a racist thing by definition. This is the crap they teach at the UofS these days.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The gist is, only privileged people can be racist. Anyone who is not in the privileged class cannot be a racist, or do a racist thing by definition. This is the crap they teach at the UofS these days.

There's also no distinction between culture and race in this mindset, which is convenient as it shelters the 'unprivileged' from any criticism whatsoever.

Another thing I 'learned' in post-secondary? Workplace / school standards like requiring punctuality and punishing absenteeism are actually examples of institutional racism, but only when applied to a underprivileged class.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The local university union of my area is on strike demanding more money keeping students from obtaining an education. Already many students have gone home, however others have stayed hoping for the best. What's sad is the fact that Acadia is already Canada's most expensive university. Students may have to wait an extra year to get that degree while at the same time the university has already told them despite the strike & should students not return to classes this school year we are keeping your money anyways.
Owsely

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: University and Ideological Re-education Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
The University of Delaware has been caught "re-educating" students over political and race, sexuality, sociology, moral philosophy, and environmentalism. This is forcing the views of the university on its student population. It is a shame this has not come to the forefront in Canada, because we all know that if you are a conservative expressing your views, you better be prepared for a fight for your marks when it comes to most of these professors/school administration/student unions.

http://www.thefire.org/index.p.....ec195a82b4

All curriculum and schooling institutions do this. It's impossible for teaching to not be political. If you think that conservative ideologies are not taught at schools than you are ignorant, but conservatism lacks a clear definition, has no manifesto or base philosophy to work from and changesn values constantly over time. A large part of conservatism is maintaining the status quo or the status quo ante and I don't know how anyone could want to maintain the status quo when learning about a social inequalities, like say, maybe an anthropology class would teach. This also has to do with the prominence of postmodernism in the academic world, which is a global phenomena. Students with conservative views do not have to fight for their marks any more, but as I have said above conservativism does not have a clear philosophy base to argue from (other than maybe the Bible), tends to lack a clear definition and generally wants to maintain the status quo, meaning that you go to school and don't bother to attempt to learn.

Jump to: