Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 7 of 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats how these prohibitonist types usually react when confronted with facts Mac. Its sad really. They really just prefer to live in denial.

Notice how biggie avoids dealing with my answer to the "do it for the kids" line of crap that HE brought up?

They make a bunch of false statements and then get all indignant when their strawmen are exposed. All the reefer madness has been exposed as false and yet they cling to their lies like a security blanket.

So how exactly is cannabis more dangerous to have around a house with small children than say Tylenol? How about cough medicine? mouthwash? whiskey? guns?

cmon, at least TRY to defend your position. I need a laugh.

Why don't you call me a pothead or a stoner a few more times before trying to say you won't respond to someone who insults you. I mean choosing law enforcement as your proffession automatically gives you the moral high ground anyway right? Who needs facts when you have moral superiority?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't care who you are, you can't claim that its good for people to do drugs - its not... period.

I'm pretty sure I could find a few diabetics and their doctors who would disagree.

Pretty sure doctors would say that some people should take their anti-depressants too. I'd say pot works better, but everyone should make their own health decisions. Advice is good, coercion is not.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't said I won't talk to you because you're insulting me - you're the one ignoring me, are you not?

And how am I supposed to respond to your sad deflection from the argument? It is more dangerous because you make the product more available to them - kids 10+ are already smoking marijuana. Just imagine if it were all over the place..
I mean, if you can't see how that works, well then I really have been talking to a wall..

I find it convenient how you fight this argument on falsehoods and misrepresentations.. then try to turn my arguments into something they are not. Are you a Liberal Primeminister?

do you also tell people that the missile defence shield is weapons in space?

Its all fine and good for you to avoid the real issues by citing questionable sources, and ambiguous figures. Just don't expect me or any of the other conservatives on this conservative website to just fall in line and agree with you.. I don't follow any fanatics - even if I agree with them... I most certainly won't follow one I disagree with.

One day you may realize that everyone can't always agree with you - based on how you talk, I assume that day should have come long, long ago... Could you try to act like an adult... maybe just for a couple minutes??
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It already is all over the place, thanks mainly to prohibition. this prohibition WILL fall. The people want it to. Look around, you see pot everywhere, T-shirts, books, TV, Movies, literature, most of it is positive. The only people in the news dissin the herb are cops, and they make their living off prohibition so thats hardly surprising.

Way too many people in Canada like to smoke herb for it to remain illegal. It breeds a total disrespect for the laws in general. It can't be enforced effectively so it just trains people how to break the laws with no consequences. I bet almost as many people smoke pot as drink alcohol. Prohibition is doomed. Attatch yourself to that sinking ship if you want, me I'll fight this persecution till my last breath is exhaled with a cloud of ganja smoke.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrGreenthumb wrote:
It already is all over the place, thanks mainly to prohibition. this prohibition WILL fall. The people want it to. Look around, you see pot everywhere, T-shirts, books, TV, Movies, literature, most of it is positive. The only people in the news dissin the herb are cops, and they make their living off prohibition so thats hardly surprising.

Way too many people in Canada like to smoke herb for it to remain illegal. It breeds a total disrespect for the laws in general. It can't be enforced effectively so it just trains people how to break the laws with no consequences. I bet almost as many people smoke pot as drink alcohol. Prohibition is doomed. Attatch yourself to that sinking ship if you want, me I'll fight this persecution till my last breath is exhaled with a cloud of ganja smoke.

Canadians in general support decriminalization, although you're right many people do support legalization. There is a difference between having smoked marijuana, and being a current user. Your assumption that almost as many canadians smoke marijuana as drink is incorrect.

I've not claimed that it won't happen - I know it will become legalized at some point. I'm just saying I don't believe that it should be. Perhaps it is because you smoke it all the time, that you refuse to see the negative impacts... but they do exist. Ask almost anyone you know who has and doesn't smoke it, or recreational smokers, or people who don't... Ask them what they think of potheads (those smoking it all the time).. You'll get a good indication of the harm it's doing to those people...

Whatever you see the societal implications as being, thats one thing, and I can understand you arguing that. But to argue that marijuana has no harmful effects is just lunacy. Too much of anything is bad for you... Not to mention you're ignoring the thousands of studies that have proven that it does ;)
Buddy Kat

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrGreenthumb wrote:

Don't hold your breath :lol: While everything you said is true don't expect any legalization..The power authority derives from keeping it illegal is too great for them to throw away. Of course they have already thrown away the very values they swore to protect so there is not much dignity left in there arguements.

Now the new boogeyman "terrorism" is in there sights and the uncrackable underground infrastructure they created has got them petrified and paranoid beyond belief. They will in essence "gift wrap" mark emery for the americans they are so scared.

If americans don't want canadian bud in there country they will do anything to prevent it. Includeing forceing OUR spineless government into submission. Americans will just get there bud elsewhere ie: terror funded groups.

Now in the name of terror they will demonize all things like they did with pot. We will have more Arar's ...Emery is a good example. In the hate department "brown skinned people" will be the ethnic target. Soon government connected terror acts will be created to enhance fear and paranoia , derail issues hence more security budgets and more laws to combat the fear. We've already seen one government connected act. It's funny in all these terror plots there is always some kind of government agency either teaching, supplying or entraping....what does that tell you? They are scared shitless and want you to pay for there protection.

They created a monster with there prohibition...and they are powerless to stop it. While they thump there chests saying "democracy is king"..they fail to realize it is. More people smoke pot on the planet that don't. Hence trying to stop it will create there destruction as democracy rules and is the case unfolding.These greedy selfish corrupt and lying government and police forces have created a way for all of us to be destroyed. That is the bottom line. They are dragging the rest of us down with there sinking ship.

So don't expect legalization..they use the fact that it is illegal as a barometer for the locateing security holes and excuse to fight terror now. Hell they even find the occasional tunnel to back up there paranoia. Next it'll be the gophers transporting pot via a spider like underground network. :lol:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody is saying it is totally without harm, not even me. Nothing is totally harmless. You can overdose on water for crying out loud. The point is that cannabis is not harmful enough to justify caging people who use, gro, or sell it. Cannabis is extremely safe, in fact overdoseing on water would be easier than overdosing on cannabis. There has never been a death from cannabis consumption. Pharmaceuticals and alcohol kill thousands and thousands of ppl evey year. The law is an ass.
Buddy Kat

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrGreenthumb wrote:
The point is that cannabis is not harmful enough to justify caging people who use, gro, or sell it. Cannabis is extremely safe, in fact overdoseing on water would be easier than overdosing on cannabis. There has never been a death from cannabis consumption. Pharmaceuticals and alcohol kill thousands and thousands of ppl evey year. The law is an ass.

That is true...however when you consider that 80% of lawyers income comes from cageing and prosecuting the people who use , grow and sell, you have a conflict of intrest that is very lucrative to them also.

These same bottom feeders capitalizeing off the pot head usually go on to bigger and better games of con artistism re : politics, and have the power to make laws to continue feeding there kids our and your tax money.

They know that people placed in prisons have a high rate of reoffending..they know after being exposed to every virus includeing aids there lives are destroyed and they know where there bread and butter comes from.

Don't expect them to throw away their cash cow!!!

The same way they use illicit drugs as a baraometer to measure the gaping security hole they created. The same way you too can view their laws as a barometer. In some countries they will shoot you execution style, or lop off your head for smokeing pot. Here they just destroy your life expose you to toxic virus's and fleece the Canadian tax payer , bigtime.

In other forward countries they have gone beyond that kind of corruption and spend there hard earned money in other areas. They probably look at Canada as a backward nation CON taminated with archaic values that serve other intrests over the peoples.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 7 of 7

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  

Jump to: