Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaintNobody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Bring the Pope to Quebec City in 2008! Reply with quote

As you may know, there will be a Eucharistic Congress held in Quebec City next year in June 2008. It will be a major event lasting three days.

Pope Benedict’s presence was expected there, but now it is in doubt. A major campaign has been launched to convince the pope to come to Canada. It is spearheaded by former Quebec Justice Minister Marc Bellemare.

It is very important for pro-lifers of all religious persuasions to have the pope come, because of his witness.

Please sign the online petition for this cause. The petition says: JE SOUHAITE LA VENUE DU PAPE BENOÎT XVI À QUÉBEC EN JUIN 2008, À L'OCCASION DU 49e CONGRÈS EUCHARISTIQUE INTERNATIONAL.

Translation: I would like for Pope Benedict XVI to visit Quebev in June 2008 during the 49th International Eucharistic Congress.

You can sign here:

http://www.ipetitions.com/peti.....npape2008/

(The main website is http://www.pape2008.com)

And note:

Prenom=First name
Nom=Last name
Courriel= Email address.

If you want your name to appear in the list of signature, check it. Otherwise, leave it blank and it will not appear.

Please forward this message to as many people as possible. Since the petition doesn’t ask you for a location, location doesn’t matter. Neither does age. So send it to Canadians, Americans, anyone willing to sign. Get your kids to sign.

You can also download a copy of the petition here:

http://www.pape2008.com/Feuill.....e_2008.pdf

The contact information is at the bottom of the page.

The pope will be making his decision at the end of November, so please hurry! Forward this to all your friends who’d like to see the pope come to Canada.
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook group too: http://hs.facebook.com/group.p.....amp;ref=nf

I filled out the petition from the facebook group your provided SaintNobody
SaintNobody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting that up.

You know...if Harper were to have a minute with the Pope in Quebec City, I'm sure that wouldn't hurt his electoral chances...assuming of course we don't have an election in the meanwhile.
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Harper could reach out too Catholic Canadians who are traditionally Liberal.
SaintNobody

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's definitively room for growth in the Catholic vote. More and more Catholics are abandoning the Liberal Party.
SaintNobody

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blogged it:

http://bluewavecanada.blogspot.....-city.html

Please blog it too.
Dauphin

Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pope Benedict is such a great man! He's doing immeasurable good for the church. If he comes to Canada, I'll most certainly be there.
SaintNobody

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to sign the petition (and yes I know it's French only, but it was designed as a Quebec Centred campaign...you can still sign it).

http://www.pape2008.com
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dauphin wrote:
Quote:
Pope Benedict is such a great man! He's doing immeasurable good for the church. If he comes to Canada, I'll most certainly be there.

Dauphin I love your avatar. I had a Christain CD that had that picture on it and for some reason I was always drawn to the picture. Later I went to St. Peter's in Rome and was overwhelmed at the majesty of the place. Then I looked above St. Peters throne and say that dove and then realized where it came from. Made me cry. I could sense the Holy Spirit moving in that place very strongly.
lonepretzel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the Dalia Lama can arm wrestle him for Quebec less than 10% of the people attend a Roman Catholic church

The Catholic church as closed more building in the last few years. he must be doing something right eh! just pack'en them in eh?
Dauphin

Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonepretzel wrote:
Perhaps the Dalia Lama can arm wrestle him for Quebec less than 10% of the people attend a Roman Catholic church

The Catholic church as closed more building in the last few years. he must be doing something right eh! just pack'en them in eh?

The situation of the Church in Quebec is indeed deplorable. If the Catholic Church weren't making large and stable gains in Africa and Asia, I might be worried :D Remember, there really aren't that many people in Quebec, or Canada for that matter.

I think a return to Orthodoxy will definitely help revitalize the Church in Europe and North America; I've been very encouraged by some of the Pope's most recent actions, like the liberalization of the Tridentine Mass. He's returning the church to its roots and its traditions in a big way, and this is certain to strengthen it.
SaintNobody

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonepretzel wrote:

It's precisely because the Church in Quebec is so left-leaning and dissenting that it's suffering decline. Dioceses where orthodoxy is preached and expected do much better.

All the more reason to convince the pope to come.

http://www.pape2008.com

Jump to: