Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Liberals in need of a hero Reply with quote

Finally Greg Weston acknowledges the truth...

Quote:
Day after day, the party elected to be Parliament's official opposition opposes nothing, 95 Liberal MPs condemned to sit and not be counted on the most important issues of the day, their butts glued to their Commons seats for all critical votes.

Whether it was the recent throne speech setting out the Conservative agenda, or last week's mini-budget emptying the treasury on tax cuts, the Liberals have been whipped to vote with the seat of their pants, standing squarely for nothing by abstaining on everything important.

For one thing, a Liberal party already hobbled by weak leadership looks utterly feeble every time visibly embarrassed Grit MPs abstain en masse on important votes.

Perhaps worst of all for Dion and his floundering flock, the more they sacrifice principle for political expediency, the more they look like the same shameless bunch that voters ran out of town last year.

As MPs head home to their ridings this week for the Remembrance Day break, the question sure to greet Liberals everywhere is why the hell anyone should vote for an MP who represents constituents by abstention.

In political circles, the big debate is what, if anything, will end the great Liberal sit-in. Is there a Hercules who will get the Grits back on their feet? If there is, it won't be Dion, hands-down the most ineffective Liberal leader in memory.

The one talent Dion does seem to have is making a bad situation worse.

WOW! Harsh but true.

http://www.torontosun.com/News.....63-sun.php
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's hinting for Justin to step up & take up his fathers quest of the charter.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
I think he's hinting for Justin to step up & take up his fathers quest of the charter.

I've heard Justin speak. He isn't ready. He needs to get about 10 years of politics under his belt before he will be (or at least should be) considered. Iggy, or someone like Manley, are the only chance the Liberals have.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Paul Martin should try and take over again.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know my partisan Liberal friends are pushing for an election. Most of them are well aware that they can't win - they want to lose, so they can get rid of Dion and actually reform the party.
Ruth

Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:

I am sure he could only ever be worse than Dion. He's young, inexperienced and thinks too highly of himself. Trudeau is destined for a spectacular crash landing.
No, the Liberals should have gone with Ignatieff.
But it's too late now.

-Ruth
TorontoCon

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth wrote:
Hasdrubal wrote:

I am sure he could only ever be worse than Dion. He's young, inexperienced and thinks too highly of himself. Trudeau is destined for a spectacular crash landing.
No, the Liberals should have gone with Ignatieff.
But it's too late now.

-Ruth

By the time that Justin is ready, all the Trudeau lovers will be dead and his name will no longer carry him.
chris p

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the grits go with martin cauchon next time, just a hunch
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero and Liberalism are two words going different directions
TealTories

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
I know my partisan Liberal friends are pushing for an election. Most of them are well aware that they can't win - they want to lose, so they can get rid of Dion and actually reform the party.

Iggy and Rae want an election ASAP!
Get it over with - get a new leader - build up the coffers over the next 4-8 yrs and then go back to the electorate.

The people that support Dion right now are the MP's that may lose their seat.
First Lady

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Hasdrubal wrote:

I've heard Justin speak. He isn't ready. He needs to get about 10 years of politics under his belt before he will be (or at least should be) considered. Iggy, or someone like Manley, are the only chance the Liberals have.

Speaking skills can be refined rather quickly. Though I would not use Stelmach as an example.... :lol:

Justin has many things going for him; youth, energy, and (sorry to say this, but it does have an impact).... he is good looking.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Justin has many things going for him; youth, energy, and (sorry to say this, but it does have an impact).... he is good looking.

Just wait till he ages 20 years. He'll be a balding chicken neck like his dad.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Lady wrote:
Craig wrote:
Hasdrubal wrote:

Speaking skills can be refined rather quickly. Though I would not use Stelmach as an example.... :lol:

He reminds me of a male Belinda.

Jump to: