Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Liberals are clueless about extremism... Reply with quote

Must watch video...


Link
theatheistjew





Joined: 31 Mar 2007
Posts: 398
Reputation: 11.2
votes: 10
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Liberals are clueless about extremism... Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Must watch video...


Link

Sam Harris is an atheist like me. He gets it. Most Liberals try to blame society or other outside sources for the actions of terrorists and even rapists, etc. I put the blame where it belongs, on the individual and his or her dogma. The fact that the dogma may have been ingrained in the individual still doesn't give the perpetrator the right to be considered a victim.

Many Liberals have a problem figuring out who the victim is. They think the ones with the least are automatic victims or the one "driven" to commit heinous acts must have been victimized in order to do it.
gc





Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 1698
Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16
Location: A Monochromatic World

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Liberals are clueless about extremism... Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
They think the ones with the least are automatic victims or the one "driven" to commit heinous acts must have been victimized in order to do it.

I know a few people like that, and to be fair, I think I understand why they feel that way. I think some people like to believe that people are inherently good. They don't like the idea that some people are evil, so they assume that in order for someone to act in an evil manner they must be victims themselves. And to be fair, in some cases that is true...just not always.
Zak





Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 44
Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4
votes: 1
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how Sam Harris uses the same reasons for criticizing liberals as he does for criticizing religion with the basic idea that dogma comes in many forms.

If only liberal atheists realized their hypocrisy and conservative theists realise theirs...:roll:

BTW: Sam Harris doesn't like to be labelled as an atheist. For an off-topic but excellent article on his take of the new atheist movement: Link [/url]
theatheistjew





Joined: 31 Mar 2007
Posts: 398
Reputation: 11.2
votes: 10
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zak wrote:
I like how Sam Harris uses the same reasons for criticizing liberals as he does for criticizing religion with the basic idea that dogma comes in many forms.

If only liberal atheists realized their hypocrisy and conservative theists realise theirs...:roll:

BTW: Sam Harris doesn't like to be labelled as an atheist. For an off-topic but excellent article on his take of the new atheist movement: Link [/url]


Liberals have a dogma, atheists don't. And Sam Harris can call himself what he wants, he is still an atheist. Either you believe in God or you don't.
Harris just doesn't want the label to get in the way of his message.

He did graze another forum I'm a member of (Raving Atheists):
http://ravingatheists.com/foru.....hp?t=11806

That is where I got my signature.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more.
Zak





Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 44
Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4
votes: 1
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:

Liberals have a dogma, atheists don't. And Sam Harris can call himself what he wants, he is still an atheist. Either you believe in God or you don't.
Harris just doesn't want the label to get in the way of his message.


Agreed completely. I hope I didn't imply that atheism is dogmatic. I just find it frustrating when liberal atheists don't realise that the arguments they use against religion can be used against their politics.
theatheistjew





Joined: 31 Mar 2007
Posts: 398
Reputation: 11.2
votes: 10
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zak wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:

Liberals have a dogma, atheists don't. And Sam Harris can call himself what he wants, he is still an atheist. Either you believe in God or you don't.
Harris just doesn't want the label to get in the way of his message.


Agreed completely. I hope I didn't imply that atheism is dogmatic. I just find it frustrating when liberal atheists don't realise that the arguments they use against religion can be used against their politics.


You have idiots like Ann Coulter who lump all atheists and Moonbat Liberals together. I think most atheists are aware that just by saying we are atheist, we are labeled as Moonbats.
Personally, Moonbats really bother the hell out of me.

Moonbat= someone who can rationalize that the US had 9/11 coming among other things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Liberals are clueless about extremism...

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB